Read 1544 times

Kill Chickens for 2.2m
« on: October 22, 2019, 05:25:36 pm »
Here's a copy of a job from what's going on in cheongju our local facebook group. Are you tired of teaching spoiled rich brats for 2.1 million? Come and kill and process chickens here in cheongju for 2.2 million! I guaranty the chickens are far kinder than the the kids! Come and join us in this challenging and exciting work opportunity! Meet people from all over the world!

chicken company for Foreign Workers
(start working in this week)

1.Location : Jincheon city near cheongju city
(4 men with visa & speak English & we need copy of visa)

2.Salary : over than 2.2 million won

3.Time : 7.30AM ~ 5:00PM (1Hour Rest)

4.Service : breakfast and lunch free& bus free& working clothes free

5.Qualification : 40Age Under

Contact number: 01073251060

Linky https://www.facebook.com/groups/2308168162/

• Cohort 2019
  • Veteran

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
Re: Kill Chickens for 2.2m
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 07:41:31 pm »
Quite confronting when the same jobs that undocumented Mexican immigrants get to do back in the States, pays more than an EFL teaching job in Korea... :sad:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:44:23 pm by Cohort 2019 »
incumbo studiis

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 11:26:22 pm »
Texas Chicken; A True Collaborator.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 07:24:58 am »
... but why English speakers?

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 07:57:40 am »
Probably the lingua franca for the Bangladeshis, Filipinos, Vietnamese and Russians they expect to hire.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 09:09:30 am »
do the chickens have large talons

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 09:23:44 am »
You've got to be quackers to work in a place like this. Shame I'm old.
Who is here in 2019?

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 09:29:19 am »
Keep us abreast on the situation ;)

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 10:18:36 am »
I heard if you mess up, then it's your neck on the line...

*crickets*

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 12:29:59 pm »
Well, if you're dumb enough to accept 2.1 to 2.3 million, that's on you.  Cutting chicken for 2.2 is just a bit above minimum wage and fair for a job that doesn't require a Unviersity degree and TESOL or some kind of experience or certification.  Experience should have you upper 2's or low 3's.  No experience 2.5 to 2.7ish.  Even this is not keeping up with all the inflation and exchange rate drop of the past decade.  Plus flights that were round trip are now one way.  So, you need an extra 100,000 won.  If I was offered 2.1 to 2.3, I wouldnt do it.  They'd get the finger and I'd apply for one of the better paying jobs advertised on facebook groups, here, daves, or where ever.  I'd go to another country if I had to.  Some are smartening up and raising wages.  Some are being cheap dicks. 

Some newbies who don't know any better or are listening to outdated recruiter spiels from 10 or 15 years ago need to realize they been had.  There was a time when the things they said were true.  But they keep repeating it and some young folks accept it because they don't know any better.  If you fall for it once, fine.  But get a huge pay raise second year or move on.  Either move on in Korea or to another country.  The most important thing is the savings potential.  When a young American could save nearly 1500 dollars US a month versus more than a few hundred now, it's really not worth it.  I guess if you're a rich kid with no loans because mommy and daddy paid and you have no debt, so be it.  But for most of you with thousands of student loans, a cheap gig will have you enslaved for years.  Bad exchange rate and much much higher living costs in Korea now compared to before.  I realize they don't teach math in school anymore.  So, just take my word for it, Korea is not the money maker it once was.  You can get similar salaries in other countries with much cheaper living costs.  Also with one year experience and some kind of 120 hour TESOL (take TESOL after your year if necessary), you can command decent pay jobs in other countries. 

So remember, Korean hakwon owners are often raking in 20 plus million won a month.  Even with expenses, they are still raking in a huge amount in their own pockets.  They can spend an extra million won between you and the Korean teacher giving a living wage.    To put things in perspective, a unionized bus driver in 2007 made 2 million won a month or so.  A hakwon teacher started at 2, 2.1, or 2.2 million won.  Nowadays, a unionized bus driver makes over 3 million won a month.  A hakwon teacher starting at 2.1ish or 2.2ish is not keeping up with inflation.  The money you should be making with inflation factored in would let you either save a decent amount per year or pay off large student loans more quickly which was why most went overseas to teach English. 

Getting back to outdated lines from recruiters.  They use to tell the truth, but repeating over time when things have changed in Korea has now become a deliberate lie.  Recruiters will say things to get you over here.  Who would have thought?  They tell you you will live like a king and save so much money on your 2.1 million salary.  Not true anymore.  They tell you women will chase after you because you're a white guy.  (May have been true back in the 90's or early 2000's.)  May still be true if you are a decent looking clean cut white guy.  But being tall or just having blond hair won't cut it anymore.  They'll make it seem you have lots of vacation to take plenty of cheap trips to nearby Asian countries.  Korea has changed a lot along with the cost of living the past several years.  But when recruiters take what were once truths and now keep repeating them to get you over here when it's no longer true, it's extremely unethical. 

With inflation and return flight factored in with today's money, we started in effect at 2.9 million won a month 12 or 13 years ago.  It was a great entry level hakwon job with 30 teaching hours a week  (45 minute classes).  Most were 1 pm to 9 pm or so.  So, ask yourself if 2.1 or 2.2 now is really good.  Lie to yourself or tell the truth to yourself.  Demand a huge pay raise due to Korea being more expensive than what you were led to believe and many veteran teachers said you should be making more.  When signing on for a second year, ask for 2.7 million which is still below inflation but better than now.  Maybe settle for 2.6 or something.  If not, walk.  Apply around Korea.  If you are unemployed for a couple of months, whoopdy doo.  You'll find a good job and keep it for a couple of years. 

So, there are better deals to be had in Korea or there are other countries nearby with similar wages with a much cheaper living cost and you can save much more money each month.  If you are going to live in a foreign country and re pay your loans or whatever, why do it to live paycheck to paycheck?  Also, you can negotiate a slightly higher wage for other countries too.  Just make sure with anywhere that you get everything in writing and on the contract here and there.  Never take a recruiter's vague assurance which will be denied later.   

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 12:02:38 pm »
What is equally worse, is the same stupid newbies (and even veterans...right Van Islander?) defend the low wages.  Then again, they are used as pawns by their employer, having to post the job adds on Facebook (usually females). 

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 12:10:21 pm »

My first guess would be that they're going to be working with other foreigners from different backgrounds but who can all maybe speak some English.

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 01:18:59 pm »
I died laughing at this reference.

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 02:08:26 pm »

Because chicken is an English word.

I'm more worried about this bit...

I guaranty the chickens are far kinder than the the kids!

At no point have I thought of killing my students.  So what this says is that the chickens are nicer than students, but in the end you'll still be wringing its neck, or hitting it with a bat or something.  So comparing teaching to killing chickens makes it sound like infanticide is fine.   :undecided:

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 02:24:35 pm »

At no point have I thought of killing my students.  So what this says is that the chickens are nicer than students, but in the end you'll still be wringing its neck, or hitting it with a bat or something.  So comparing teaching to killing chickens makes it sound like infanticide is fine.   :undecided:

But, because we are foreigners, and can't be trusted to use something dangerous, you'll have to kill the chickens with a wiffleball bat. :P

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 03:34:10 pm »

But, because we are foreigners, and can't be trusted to use something dangerous, you'll have to kill the chickens with a wiffleball bat. :P

Mandatory bird flu test too.

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 03:53:13 pm »

As a fully-fledged official New Zealand Ninja, I suspect you'll be fired from this job after the first day, for a very simple reason.  From the official ninja rules, you'd have to use the element of surprise and stealth for each of your kills.  Meaning at the end of the day, other foreigners have killed a thousand or so chickens and you're hovering around the fifty mark. 

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 04:14:46 pm »

As a fully-fledged official New Zealand Ninja, I suspect you'll be fired from this job after the first day, for a very simple reason.  From the official ninja rules, you'd have to use the element of surprise and stealth for each of your kills.  Meaning at the end of the day, other foreigners have killed a thousand or so chickens and you're hovering around the fifty mark.

I've literally killed a chicken by fright before (Well, technically my dad did haha).
Back when my younger brother was alive and in the hospital battling cancer. We went to stay at my dad's aunty's house. They live way out on a farm, and have a huge driveway.
My dad started speeding down it, and slammed on the breaks and turned when we got to the bend in the driveway. This chicken not expecting that, looked up in fright then fell over dead haha.

And true, unless I take out multiple in surprise at a time, then I might be able to keep up with the quota. :O

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2019, 09:27:35 am »
  I see youth is a qualification as well. [b5.Qualification : 40Age Under][/b] but the grammar is slightly off. If youth is important, we can have beauty as well.

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 01:01:29 am »
I can see someone's future resume...

Toss English 2015-2019
Choke the Chicken 2019 to Present