Read 2469 times

Re: WHY are you HERE?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 09:59:43 am »
Guys, stop trolling with your LBH comments. You're derailing the thread with your circle jerk. We can go off on stereotypes all day long, and you two are providing more than enough material for that, but there are literally better things to do.

@ Piggy: I understand why you're offended, and it's valid, but it's pointless to get into an argument with these guys. Don't take the bait, let them paint themselves red.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 12:41:41 pm »
Guys, stop trolling with your LBH comments. You're derailing the thread with your circle jerk. We can go off on stereotypes all day long, and you two are providing more than enough material for that, but there are literally better things to do.

@ Piggy: I understand why you're offended, and it's valid, but it's pointless to get into an argument with these guys. Don't take the bait, let them paint themselves red.

LOL  I call out toxic masculinity and now I have cankels.  LOL  What next I have bed sores because I'm 700pds and I haven't been turned over in a week.  Lord  BY THE WAY....what the hell is wrong with being fat any ways.  I'm sure you fools are the cover of Men's health.....So sure.  It's funny because 9 times out of 10 the guys that are most repulsed by fat girls are the ones that end up mistakenly cheating on their thin girlfriends and wives for BIG ONES.  So stop fighting the feeling boys. 

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 02:17:36 pm »
...it's make you delusional.

..." toxic masculinity "....

imagine roleplaying a fictional serial killer on a forum and then calling people delusional

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 02:24:52 pm »
Knock off the baiting, folks... it's not why you're here.
...why ARE you here? 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:49:22 pm by kyndo »

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 02:00:49 pm »
1. Why ain't you in your home country?
I was offered a gig by South Korea to come here and shill for them online.

2. Why South Korea? Why not Taiwan? Japan? Saudi Arabia? Some other country?
Because of my Korean ethnicity. They tracked me down through their database

3. Why Seoul? Why Busan? Why Gwangju? Why Jeju? Why some other place in the country?
I have to report to the local Ministry of Propaganda HQ once a week. Cuts down on the commute.

4. Why are you STILL here? (Especially if it isn't your first year)
I was about to retire but then Russia offered my big bucks to shill for Trump after they saw my work.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 02:03:14 pm »
I was offered a gig by South Korea to come here and shill for them online.

Because of my Korean ethnicity. They tracked me down through their database

3. Why Seoul? Why Busan? Why Gwangju? Why Jeju? Why some other place in the country?
I have to report to the local Ministry of Propaganda HQ once a week. Cuts down on the commute.

4. Why are you STILL here? (Especially if it isn't your first year)
I was about to retire but then Russia offered my big bucks to shill for Trump after they saw my work.

I love this. hahahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2019, 09:55:01 am »
+1
People who don't take themselves too seriously are awesome. ^^

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2019, 10:30:59 am »
honestly....my friend suggested moving to korea for a year. we had both finished university, and we were working in jobs neither of us really liked. thought we'd do something a bit different, and korea paid the best. i just ended up staying longer than i thought i ever would.

plus i love my bts oppas~~ fighting~~~~ saranghae~

• stoat
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2019, 11:07:09 am »
I'm an EFL teacher
I got two offers for the job I wanted to do in two different countries. The Korean offer paid better.
it's where the work is and my wife's from there.
See above

I make that more than a dozen answers, time the OP made his contribution.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2019, 07:32:38 am »
I have actually met LIC in real life (Hi, Phil!) and while he may not like me much, he's an all right guy, seriously.

You met him in real life and concluded he's a good guy? When / where was this?

Why would anyone want kids??? Seriously? Kids? I'd rather move to the U.K.

Kids!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a real shame. You seem like such a pleasant, smart, and well-adjusted person I bet people are just lining up to have kids with you.

I loathe kids. I think people who have kids are deranged. I don't get it. I cannot see one single redeeming factor of having kids. Unless of course you've made a conscious decision that you give up on life and have decided to live a life sentence instead as some sort of punishment for misdeeds done.

This is how I feel. No kidding. Pun intended.

And let me guess, you've moved halfway around the world for a low (by Western standards) salary, a small apartment you had no role in choosing, just to teach classes of people that you loathe?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2019, 07:06:49 pm »
Five will get you twenty,
You're only in it for the money.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 04:58:45 am »
LOL  I call out toxic masculinity and now I have cankels.  LOL  What next I have bed sores because I'm 700pds and I haven't been turned over in a week.  Lord  BY THE WAY....what the hell is wrong with being fat any ways.  I'm sure you fools are the cover of Men's health.....So sure.  It's funny because 9 times out of 10 the guys that are most repulsed by fat girls are the ones that end up mistakenly cheating on their thin girlfriends and wives for BIG ONES.  So stop fighting the feeling boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhszZ53SEC8

« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 05:51:33 am »

3. Why Seoul?

It's the century of Asia; this is where the action is, while the aging West is in steep decline. Who wants to ride down a sinking ship? Only fools and losers. Position using forethought to catch/escape what's coming. Develop optionality while there is time. That's smart. Now combine that, with the quality of life here in East Asia being vastly superior to the West in almost every way (smarter people, better manners, better work ethic, better customer service, no tipping, no guns, no drugs, no violent crime, no liberalism, etc). It was a no brainer.

I was originally also targeting Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore; all can work if you have connections. For Korea, Seoul is the only option, unless you want to retire in the boonies.

« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 08:05:20 am »
no violent crime, no liberalism
Definitely my two favorite things. For all my bitching and moaning about Korean drivers, unruly students, etc., I'm actually supremely grateful for the opportunity it's given me. Back in South Africa I'd constantly be dodging armed criminals and liberal loons (not sure which is worse).