Read 3211 times

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• March 11, 2018, 01:57:14 pm
    • Anseong
Re: 11 month firing in a public school?
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2019, 03:00:16 pm »
Really?  Why is your school in charge of your pay?  I go to three schools this year and they have nothing to do with my pay.  The city education office pays me and the teachers in my city.  If they screw up the pay, I go in and talk to the supervisor and then the financial officer at the office.  School has nothing to do with my pay.  The schools do ask me to transfer money to their account each month if I choose to eat the school lunch.  They do pay me directly if I do some extra classes, usually at the end of the semester. 
    In my municipal region, the schools are allocated funds from the POE, and then pay the NETs. I've heard other people say that they're paid directly by the POE.
    It probably varies province to province, city to city.  :undecided:

When I used to work at public schools in a major city, I was paid directly by the schools (and the schools received the funds from the MOE); when I used to work at public schools in a small rural town, I was paid by the local office of education in that region.

I work for a rural school with EPIK and in my bank account it says my schools name when I get paid. I think the POE just gives them the funds and the school has a person who is in charge of distributing the funds in the main office.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2019, 07:38:13 am »
I work for a rural school with EPIK and in my bank account it says my schools name when I get paid. I think the POE just gives them the funds and the school has a person who is in charge of distributing the funds in the main office.

In the rural area where I used to work (public schools), it just said the name of my local office of education in my bank book every time I got paid my salary and multiple-school allowance. Guess it just depends where you work.

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• March 11, 2018, 01:57:14 pm
    • Anseong
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2019, 07:56:16 am »

In the rural area where I used to work (public schools), it just said the name of my local office of education in my bank book every time I got paid my salary and multiple-school allowance. Guess it just depends where you work.

Oh maybe mine is different because I'm at one school? If you're at 2 maybe it has to come from the office of education? That's my best guess.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2019, 09:27:16 am »
Oh maybe mine is different because I'm at one school? If you're at 2 maybe it has to come from the office of education? That's my best guess.

I don't work in the public school system in Korea anymore, but when I used to teach in a rural part of Korea, yeah, I had multiple schools at that time (which was normal in the specific rural area where I used to work -- I believe all the NETs there had multiple schools). I had more than 2 schools.