Read 243 times

• Lilylz
  • Newgookin

• October 07, 2019, 02:55:08 pm
    • Usa
Root canal experience in Seoul? Hus-hu clinic.
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:02:59 pm »
Hi, has anyone received a root canal treatment with hus-hu dental clinic in Apgujeong? I have been going in for treatment every 2-3 days for about 2 weeks now, but the dentist has said it will still take many more visits before I can complete the canal treatment and move forward with crown placement. I have had this procedure done in the US before and it was done in only 1 session, so I am very confused. Each session at hus-hu lasts only 30-40 minutes at most and is quite painful.

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Re: Root canal experience in Seoul? Hus-hu clinic.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 10:03:30 am »
Your dentist is taking you for a ride on his money train. A root canal with a crown (regardless of tooth) should take 2 visits.

#1: Do the root canal take an impression  and put in a temporary filling - this usually takes 1 to 1.5 hours

#2: 2nd visit - usually a few days cuz it takes time to make the crown - return and remove the temp filling and fit the crown which usually will involve a little more drilling of the tooth and or the crown to make a perfect fit. It will be placed on the tooth and the dentist will get you to bite down and grind on a piece of paper that kinda looks like carbon paper. When the fit is perfect and you and the dentist are both satisfied, he'll fill it with cement/glue and push it on and compress for a minute - this usually takes < 1 hour

I have 16 crowns every one of them has followed this exact procedure.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 10:13:58 am »
That doesn't sound right at all. Has the dentist explained why its taking so long? Did you have extra problems?

I've had 2 root canals. 1st was two visits. 2nd was three visits. I can't imagine how it could possibly take more than that.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 12:07:45 pm »
I had a root canal done in Korea and it was like that, had to go once a week for short 30-40 minutes appointments where they'd rip out roots each time then put a temporary cap on it, then I'd go back the next week and get more roots torn out. I don't think they charged me for these appointments, and only charged me at the end for the root canals and the crowns. A friend of mine went for a root canal at a different dentist and they did it like this too. I think it's just how some dentists in Korea operate.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit