Read 363 times

Visa runs to Japan for those who previously taught
« on: October 06, 2019, 12:53:42 am »
I'm Canadian. I taught on and off on an E2 visa from 2007-2014.

Around 2009 'ish they got rid of visa runs to Japan for those on their first contract BUT those who had previously had an E2 could still do them.

1) Could I still do a visa run if I came back?

2) Would I fly straight to Japan from Canada or to Korea first and then to Japan?

  • NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

    • 1338

    • July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Re: Visa runs to Japan for those who previously taught
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 07:45:24 am »
Yes you can do a visa run.  Though, the waiting time is a bit longer.  From what i hear, Osaka is four days. From what I know, Fukuoka is three days (drop off one day, wait the next, go pick up the final day).

In regards to your second question, why would you go straight to Japan for a visa run, when you can just obtain the visa in Canada?  A visa run is simply obtaining the visa in a Korean embassy.consulate in Japan, the closet one to Korea, which is outside of Korea.   I have no idea whether or not you would have to go to Korea first but....I would not think so, as you could obtain your visa number there at home.