« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2019, 12:52:11 pm »
...indeed.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
Re: Greta Go Home
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 01:04:25 pm »
Dr Judith Curry has a healthy skepticism of current academic fashions, but she certainly did not say anthropogenic climate change is "all a hoax".
Also, since I know about her, saying she's never had any media cover is a bit of a stretch as well.  :undecided:

Let the girl have her 15 minutes. Where's the harm?

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2019, 01:22:45 pm »
I think the problem is some of this stuff is starting to enter "Children's Crusade" territory and perhaps go farther than was intended. The goal was to get us to all reduce emissions less and promote new technologies so this wouldn't spiral out of control and we do nothing about it. That and as an added bonus, it makes certain people money and gives them power. Or vice-versa.

Unfortunately, you're starting to get some batcrap crazy people involved who have become Jacobins.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2019, 01:27:24 pm »
Unfortunately, you're starting to get some batcrap crazy people involved who have become Jacobins.
Yeah. I'm gonna agree with you there.  :sad:

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2019, 01:54:48 pm »
When is she going to Beijing and New Delhi to tell the largest polluters of CO2 and other things on the earth to knock it off?  You can't clean the air and reduce emissions without the biggest polluters.  Surely she must know that any climate plan without them is window dressing?  I understand wanting to reduce pollution.  What I can't understand is ignoring the real polluters nowadays and thinking the earth will be better for it.  Makes no sense to me.  I really cannot understand these climate people turning a blind eye to the biggest polluters on earth.  These large polluters have not been following "our example"  as we have reduced our pollution in developed countries the last 40 plus years or so.  I am waiting for a plan that reduces pollution everywhere.  Will I be waiting a long time? 

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2019, 02:41:20 pm »
When is she going to Beijing and New Delhi to tell the largest polluters of CO2 and other things on the earth to knock it off? 
Probably as soon as Lebron, Blizzard, and all the woke people of Hollywood go over and tell China to knock it off and screw their $$$. Fortunately they won't do that. They'll instead focus on the real person responsible for all of this- Worse than Hitler himself, Donald Trump.

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2019, 02:55:22 pm »
When is she going to Beijing and New Delhi to tell the largest polluters of CO2 and other things on the earth to knock it off? 
Probably as soon as Lebron, Blizzard, and all the woke people of Hollywood go over and tell China to knock it off and screw their $$$. Fortunately they won't do that. They'll instead focus on the real person responsible for all of this- Worse than Hitler himself, Donald Trump.

i feel like lebron and blizzard are way too financially tied to china for that comparison to make sense. greta is probably more of a trey parker in this case

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2019, 04:24:00 pm »
When is she going to Beijing and New Delhi to tell the largest polluters of CO2 and other things on the earth to knock it off?  You can't clean the air and reduce emissions without the biggest polluters.  Surely she must know that any climate plan without them is window dressing?  I understand wanting to reduce pollution.  What I can't understand is ignoring the real polluters nowadays and thinking the earth will be better for it.  Makes no sense to me.  I really cannot understand these climate people turning a blind eye to the biggest polluters on earth.  These large polluters have not been following "our example"  as we have reduced our pollution in developed countries the last 40 plus years or so.  I am waiting for a plan that reduces pollution everywhere.  Will I be waiting a long time? 

Cheers.......until the biggest polluters are all fully on board, you're all, as my late father would have put it, fartin' against thunder.

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2019, 04:35:08 pm »
Jeez, LIC, go play some golf or something. Your tropical life in paradise must be pretty boring for you to take this much interest in Greta Thurnberg's every move.

Golfed on the weekend. I stink to be honest, but I love the game. I shoot in the mid-90's and am solidly drunk when the game is over. Golf is great.