Greta Go Home
« on: October 03, 2019, 11:37:17 am »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Greta Go Home
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:42:45 am »
the **** is this video? there's so much wrong with this video i'm wondering why you posted it

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:00:05 pm »
the **** is this video? there's so much wrong with this video i'm wondering why you posted it

I posted it because it is spot on. She is wrong, he is right. And, until China and India are fully onboard nothing will change. Nothing.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:10:06 pm »
Nothing will change? No, there will be some change. And with this change we can pressure India and China to not pollute so much. Their own citizens might start to demand it as well.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 12:32:02 pm »

I posted it because it is spot on. She is wrong, he is right. And, until China and India are fully onboard nothing will change. Nothing.
He basically attacked her instead of her argument. It's pathetic. Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with her basically saying "let's all do more", anyway.

Plus, his argument that the earth has survived past catastrophes, so we will survive this one is...well...sigh.

The whole climate change argument boils down to one side saying the science is strongly indicating we need to take immediate action in order for the world to continue to be a **livable** place.

vs

What if we spend all this effort and money to make the world a better place for nothing? Yet this guy takes it a step further by saying "don't bother even trying". What is with this kind of thinking?

If these people put more effort into something positive instead of attacking a teenage girl, the world would be a better place.

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 12:55:13 pm »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:40:17 pm by LIC »

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 12:57:42 pm »
Nothing will change? No, there will be some change. And with this change we can pressure India and China to not pollute so much. Their own citizens might start to demand it as well.

Yeah, you keep on dreaming brother. China is gonna be the sole world superpower before the youngest generation retire. They ain't listenin' to the rantings of a handful of crusaders and I don't blame them.

Pressure China and India? Really?? With what, precisely? A strongly worded letter from the UN?

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 01:32:18 pm »
Pressure China and India? Really?? With what, precisely?

The USA says to countries, behave or we won't trade with you / buy your products. That gets them to outlaw slavery, etc. It's actually very effective in most cases. .

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 04:30:57 pm »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2019/02/28/nasa-says-earth-is-greener-today-than-20-years-ago-thanks-to-china-india/

Check this out. Greta is talking noise, it's inaccurate or deliberately misleading and only serves to fast forward a transparently dubious agenda by the left-wing lunatic fringe.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:33:21 pm by LIC »

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 04:51:00 pm »
Imagine being a grown man frightened of a teenaged girl who wants to change the world for the better.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• stoat
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 05:26:34 pm »
Imagine being a grown man frightened of a teenaged girl who wants to change the world for the better.

You forgot to add grown 'white' man. Apparently all women, people of colour and gays think she's great. 

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 12:16:42 pm »
She doesn't want to change the world, she's pushing an prepackaged agenda delivered to her with much coaching on stress, intonation and body language by adults, mostly her drama queen parents.

I will assume some of you here may consider yourself more or less intelligent. Why are you all being sucked in by this leftist agenda crap based on emotion not science?

Why are all you Chicken Little's running around screaming "the sky is falling"? It isn't.

But let's just say, you know, to appease and salve the aching guilty consciences of the great unwashed, that the earth is dying.

WHO CARES?

Don't worry, be happy. Go back to the gym, lift pieces of steel into the sky, stare at yourself in the mirror and remark, sotto voce, how amazing you look, recycle all your trash properly...and let China and India continue.

You are all wasting your time.

But, I thank you, because you do give me pause to smile.

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 12:20:31 pm »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/greta-thunberg-hits-back-at-putin-with-twitter-bio-182623596.html

Putin, once again, proves to be correct.

"Thunberg’s mother, Malena Ernman, is an opera singer; her father, Svante Thunberg, is an actor. They wrote a parenting book, called “Scenes From the Heart,” that chronicles their daughter’s climate awakening. An English-language version, under the revised title “Our House Is on Fire,” is due to be published next year."

If the above doesn't clearly show an agenda to you, please see an optometrist forthwith.

Scenes From The Heart........Our House Is On Fire

'Tis to laugh.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 12:30:34 pm »
most of the attacks i see on her are about her being 1) female and 2) young

wonder if she'd get so much hate if she were a male who was slightly older

imagine getting so riled up over someone who simply wants to make the world a better place

• stoat
  • Super Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 12:45:08 pm »
imagine getting so riled up over someone who simply wants to make the world a better place

Are you talking about the guy in the youtube video? He didn't seem riled up to me.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 12:46:49 pm »

Are you talking about the guy in the youtube video? He didn't seem riled up to me.
people, just generally. seen a lot of hate about her on the internet this past week

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 01:00:30 pm »
Yeah, she's not really saying anything that would conflict with the words of a mature, sober and accomplished scientist. In fact, there are lots of people matching that description that more or less say the same thing. So what is it that so upsets people about her in particular?

• stoat
  • Super Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 01:16:47 pm »
Yeah, she's not really saying anything that would conflict with the words of a mature, sober and accomplished scientis

I assume a mature, sober and accomplished scientist wouldn't say things like 'How dare you, you have robbed me of my childhood!' but yeah, there's no need to call her names, I agree.  There's no reason why people shouldn't attack the message though, since she's being used as a political tool.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:18:37 pm by stoat »

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 02:07:15 pm »
What’s wrong with having an agenda?

If the politicians we vote for, the the business that we buy from are allowed to have an agenda then why is it a problem for a person who seeks change to have an agenda? If one is to stand up for global action on climate change, wouldn’t that person be served well arguing a position that is backed by science? Is it that hard to allow political activists and protest movements their own agenda in order to bring about change?

It’s interesting that in this thread we are asked to consider how crazy it is a young girl is standing up for what she believes, and that we should listen to Putin for the “facts”. Let’s conveniently forget for the moment that the Russian economy is severe limited by sanctions, and that Russia’s major exports are oil and gas. Yep, Putin certainly has no agenda and we should definitely listen to him. Really?

I didn’t bother watching the linked YouTube video. If someone what’s to argue against the scientific case for man made climate change, by all means go ahead and argue your case, but let’s have some compelling evidence that isn’t a YouTube video. Since when is a short video from a platform without peer review nor proper facts checking allowed as the ace that shames Greta? I’ve got some videos under my bed. Should I post them to tell the world what to think?

I’m old, tired and need a break.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 02:33:53 pm »

This cop out response has been making the rounds pretty frequently.  Unimaginative AND unoriginal.  If someone is getting annoyed by this pretentious and melodramatic pawn you can just try to shame the person by telling them they're afraid of a young girl when that isn't the case at all.  No one is afraid of her. She's annoying.  Saying people are afraid is the lazy equivalent of side-stepping the argument by just saying someone is racist, phobic or man/white splaining.

The poor kid is clearly being used and manipulated by others. 

I'm waiting for the photoshop experts to start throwing up Greta in place of the twins in that hall scene in The Shining, and her sitting in first class on a plane on her way back to Sweden.