Read 595 times

Hello, I recently opened up two bank accounts at KEB Hana. One main one and another easy-one for overseas remittance. Today at around noon (Sunday) I wanted to test out the remittance account by making sure that I could send the money over to my Canadian TD account.  I went to a local atm and sent a small amount of money  to my easy-one account, I got a receipt and then proceeded to check my transaction history.

After checking my transaction history several times throughout the day I noticed it never updated. Nor did my Canadian bank account's history. Is it because it's a weekend in both Korea and Canada? My Canadian bank account website says that international transfers don't transfer on weekends, is this the reason the transaction didn't get shown? I find it odd because any withdrawals and deposits get shown right away on my accounts but this transfer does not.

Any help would be appreciated.

• joanns
  • Adventurer

• March 04, 2014, 01:21:46 pm
    more
I too got the Easy-One account (back before KEB and Hana banks merged). I've transferred money into my Easy-One account every month I've gotten paid (on my 6th year now). Every time I send money to my Easy-One account on the weekends, it takes a bit of time to show on both my accounts. Also, my home bank account takes days to update my transactions, whether they are coming in or going out of my account.

Basically, if this transaction doesn't show up by Wednesday (back home)/Thursday (in Korea), then you can start getting worried--at least, that's been my case.

Hello, I recently opened up two bank accounts at KEB Hana. One main one and another easy-one for overseas remittance. Today at around noon (Sunday) I wanted to test out the remittance account by making sure that I could send the money over to my Canadian TD account.  I went to a local atm and sent a small amount of money  to my easy-one account, I got a receipt and then proceeded to check my transaction history.

After checking my transaction history several times throughout the day I noticed it never updated. Nor did my Canadian bank account's history. Is it because it's a weekend in both Korea and Canada? My Canadian bank account website says that international transfers don't transfer on weekends, is this the reason the transaction didn't get shown? I find it odd because any withdrawals and deposits get shown right away on my accounts but this transfer does not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, it's a weekend thing.  Also, I think as you used an ATM to do a foreign transaction it wouldn't update until today (I've never used an ATM for a foreign transfer).  If i use my internet banking to do a foreign transfer, it shows up straight away, even at the weekend.  So I can only assume it's because you did it on the ATM at the weekend. 

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
Yeah weekend delay. Also check out the KEB hana banking app 1Q, it has a global pay service via paypal. $1,000 max per transaction but cheaper. Alternatively you can get cashier checks in CAD and if your home bank has online deposit use that to take a picture of the check and deposit it online. Much faster and cheaper.

So as of today, still no transaction history showing the transfer on either end. Hoping it shows up by Wednesday Night in Korea.
I'm also password locked out of my online account because I entered the wrong password too many times, hence why I tried to transfer my money via ATM.
My Canadian bank says international wire transfers take 3-5 Business Days. But I would think the transaction history itself and the money sent would update before actually arriving in the canadian bank account?

Personally, transfers from my KEB account tend to take about 5 days to show up in my transactions, especially if done on the weekends.