Read 5108 times

Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2019, 07:08:26 pm »
Can we take a moment to acknowledge the sheer disrespect of the English players when receiving their runner-up medals. Bunch of immature man-children. They'd fit in well with the Korean crowd.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2019, 08:26:05 pm »
Can we take a moment to acknowledge the sheer disrespect of the English players when receiving their runner-up medals. Bunch of immature man-children. They'd fit in well with the Korean crowd.

Their sportsmanship could be called into repute, but they're obviously gutten and I'd prefer not to beat someone when they're down. As far as I'm concerned, the boks were damn near invincible on that day and even an "on form" England wouldn't have won.

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2019, 04:36:50 am »

They're not smirking anymore!
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Datasapien
  • Super Waygook

• February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 pm
    • Chungcheongbuk-do
    more
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2019, 07:10:17 am »

Came here to say the same thing ... so glad England didn't win after seeing that, don't deserve the gold if that's how they behave. Really liked Itoje before this, great player but damn, grow up!
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield.

• Colburnnn
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2019, 07:23:38 am »

That is standard practice at almost every sporting final.

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2019, 07:47:47 am »
as much as i would love to agree with that statement, i remember a very pouty looking victor matfield, when we lost semi against the wallabies (maybe a QF i dont remember exactly).

I think its like someone else posted. they just shellshocked and gutted from the loss. as we were back then... it was a great game and i think we can show some compassion for the hurt of the losing team.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2019, 08:47:08 am »

While they sportsmanship could definitely be called into repute, they're definitely gutted and I'd prefer to not pour salt on their wounds. Boks were the superior side and won, that's all I care about.

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2019, 09:47:49 am »
they just shellshocked and gutted from the loss. as we were back then... it was a great game and i think we can show some compassion for the hurt of the losing team.
I'm not so sure. A team in shock would just go through the motions (head down,medal on, saunter about aimlessly with blank expressions on their faces). Their actions were pretty overt.

« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2019, 12:05:11 pm »
I am half South-African half English (raised in the UK) , so this was a pretty fun game for my siblings and I.  I chose to support South Africa because and I was super happy this morning to tell my students about my weekend and the world-cup victory. However, it was received with blank faces and a reminder that Koreans don't care about what is going on in Japan.

Anyways my only wish is that I had watched the game somewhere in  South Africa because South Africans just have an amazing way of having fun. I haven't been to a single place that matches their spirit in sports.

Congrats to the Bokke

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2019, 01:13:26 pm »
I am half South-African half English (raised in the UK) , so this was a pretty fun game for my siblings and I.  I chose to support South Africa because and I was super happy this morning to tell my students about my weekend and the world-cup victory. However, it was received with blank faces and a reminder that Koreans don't care about what is going on in Japan.

Anyways my only wish is that I had watched the game somewhere in  South Africa because South Africans just have an amazing way of having fun. I haven't been to a single place that matches their spirit in sports.

Congrats to the Bokke

I explained some VERY basic rules (passing back, tackling, winning a scrum, scoring a try) and played the highlights of the final to my students. I got their attention by pausing the video when the boks were lined up and asking them to guess the heights of Snyman and Kolbe. Needless to say, they were shocked at the massive 2.07m Snyman and how a not terribly short 1.70m Kolbe was dwarfed by the surrounding giants.

They got pretty hyped when they saw a scrum and the miniature Kolbe blitzing around the forwards to get the try.