Read 5105 times

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019
« on: September 21, 2019, 03:38:50 pm »
   Well, after 4 years of waiting - and some worry - the 2019 RUGBY WORLD CUP is underway in Japan.

Yesterday Japan opened the tournament with a 38-10 win over Russia...But the real adventure begins today:

AUSTRALIA vs FIJI, FRANCE vs ARGENTINA, and the clash of the Titans at 6:30 pm - The All Blacks vs The Springboks!

Nothing but serious top level international rugby until the Final on November 2nd... BRING IT ON!!!

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 05:08:06 pm »
Where you watching it from?

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:19:54 pm »
Where you watching it from?

I live in Haebangchon, and the big 3 foreigner pubs - WORKSHOP, The CAVE (underneath Bonny's Pizza), and PHILLIES PUB are all showing the games; I believe The CAVE is going to show most of the games over the next 6 weeks, esp. the 'big' ones with Ireland and the UK teams, and the Southern Hemisphere powerhouses.
If you have Facebook, you can get these pubs' game schedules...

I also believe bars like The Upper Deck in Kyongnidan and Sam Ryan's in Itaewon (in the alley behind the Hamilton) are showing the games. There must be quite a few more - especially anywhere expat Rugby fans live/gather all over Seoul and environs, but I don't know these...

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com is streaming games for free. You need to register first. There are also a bunch of streams (illegal) if you check r/rugby. Or have your vpn run through the uk and you can stream through itv.

All Blacks win tonight by less than 12. Lets see how badly I'll have to eat my words.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 08:18:07 pm »
Well, a good start for my Men in Black...Let's see how things go from here.

Looks like the pubs in HBC are going to be doing a roaring trade over the next few weeks!!

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 10:10:32 am »
Good game. The ref was a little inconsistent, but nor to the extent I'm hearing some people complain about it.

Obviously i really want NZ to get theee in a row. It would cap off a decade of domination. But as always with the RWC; anyone but England.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 11:40:02 am »
Good game. The ref was a little inconsistent, but nor to the extent I'm hearing some people complain about it.

Obviously i really want NZ to get theee in a row. It would cap off a decade of domination. But as always with the RWC; anyone but England.

Agreed!  Anyone but England!!

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 01:36:58 pm »
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com is streaming games for free. You need to register first. There are also a bunch of streams (illegal) if you check r/rugby. Or have your vpn run through the uk and you can stream through itv.

All Blacks win tonight by less than 12. Lets see how badly I'll have to eat my words.

Tried that site, no  live voice commentary or video, just a bunch of old videos.

This is all I get.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:43:01 pm by confusedsafferinkorea »
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 07:31:10 pm »

Tried that site, no  live voice commentary or video, just a bunch of old videos.

This is all I get.

Maybe it's because you are outside Korea? There my be broadcast rights issues?
It certainly works, as I'm watching England v Tonga as we speak.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 06:41:55 am »

This is all I get.

I tried my VPN to the UK and still no result. Any suggestions as to where I should set it?

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 07:30:04 am »

This is all I get.

I tried my VPN to the UK and still no result. Any suggestions as to where I should set it?

I guess, South Korea. As it seems to be working for people here. Though if you are able to set to the UK, you should be able to stream on the ITV website https://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup2019/ as some people with VPNs were using that on Friday.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 11:40:47 am »

This is all I get.

I guess, South Korea. As it seems to be working for people here. Though if you are able to set to the UK, you should be able to stream on the ITV website https://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup2019/ as some people with VPNs were using that on Friday.
ITV works fairly well, though it cut out a few times and I had to refresh the page.

Here's hoping the Boks can recover from Saturday's shitshow.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 03:39:16 pm »
It must be kicking at the kiwi bar Beached in Busan, assuming that place is still open. I could never tell if that place was going to stay open or close down.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 03:54:18 pm »
Disappointing to see this thread not getting much attention, especially considering all seven of the English teaching nations in Korea are represented in the world cup. Testament to the snowflakiness of our generation, I suppose ;D

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 04:11:40 pm »
Disappointing to see this thread not getting much attention, especially considering all seven of the English teaching nations in Korea are represented in the world cup. Testament to the snowflakiness of our generation, I suppose ;D

Too much testosterone and 'Toxic Masculinity' for this generation of snowflakes and SJWs I guess!

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 07:31:27 pm »
Yeah i dont know about that.

The average American or Canadian probably doesn't even know the world cup is happening. The Americans who I work with know absolutely nothing about rugby, which is fair enough as its ranked somewhere around are the level of modern pentathlon in terms of popularity over there.

As a New Zealander I've found the only other nationalities i can reliably have a decent rugby conversation with are Welsh and South Africans. Aussies are hit and miss but usually know a bit. A decent chunk of the Irish dont seem to care. Same with Scots. English maybe a bit better, but obviously football is so far ahead of rugby.

Would love to see the game pick up more popularity in Georgia and Russia.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 10:59:58 pm »
The average American or Canadian probably doesn't even know the world cup is happening.
Considering that most Americans, or Canadians, barely know of the FIFA World Cup, Rugby is way, way down on the list.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

more
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 05:35:51 am »
Got ITV working, thanks.

Enjoyed the Wales - Georgia game. Nice rugby, Well done, Wales and Georgia weren't too shabby either though they lost by a large margin.

• zola
  • The Legend

• Korea
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 10:19:51 am »
Samoa v Russia was a fun game. It was a real competition for the first 50 minutes or so. Every time I see Russia play I see huge potential. If the game was invested in over there they could really do something.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 11:48:04 am »
Yeah i dont know about that.

The average American or Canadian probably doesn't even know the world cup is happening. The Americans who I work with know absolutely nothing about rugby, which is fair enough as its ranked somewhere around are the level of modern pentathlon in terms of popularity over there.

As a New Zealander I've found the only other nationalities i can reliably have a decent rugby conversation with are Welsh and South Africans. Aussies are hit and miss but usually know a bit. A decent chunk of the Irish dont seem to care. Same with Scots. English maybe a bit better, but obviously football is so far ahead of rugby.

Would love to see the game pick up more popularity in Georgia and Russia.

See if you can get (some of) the Americans and Canadians (both counties do have teams in this RWC, so maybe you can use that...) to go to HBC when the next games (especially the BIG games :NZ. SA, England, Wales. Ireland etc.) are playing...tell them to go to the Workshop, The Cave (Bonny's) or Phillies, and they'll get a serious introduction to the game!