Read 803 times

• colamberth
  • Waygookin

• September 03, 2017, 01:22:30 pm
    • South Korea
Any Activities/ Ideas for a lesson about making complaints
« on: September 19, 2019, 09:38:18 am »
The lesson I'm teaching is all about the expression, "I'm not happy with..." So I wanted to do a focus on customer service. I have some funny videos to show them at the beginning as well as some example phrases and book work but am struggling to figure out an activity. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

• JOEB3AR_20
  • Newgookin

• August 29, 2019, 01:37:00 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Any Activities/ Ideas for a lesson about making complaints
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 12:24:43 pm »
You can probably have the students practice producing key expressions with restaurant role-play! Create food and restaurant themed presentations and figure out what foods the students don't like. And for the producing aspect, treat the classroom like a restaurant where the teacher acts as the server, takes the students' orders and the students complain about the food that they don't like or wrong orders the teacher gave them.

• seltow
  • Adventurer

• April 02, 2019, 11:16:13 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 01:41:31 pm »
This is such a Shite lesson (pardon the french). Near and Dear, if you check Waygook: Near and Dear you'll get a few ideas. I battled a lot with the lesson. In the end I had each student pretend they purchased something at a store, (I used four different stores to avoid copying) and had them fill in customer service forms (same ones from the book).  I added my PPT and materials there if you want it.  It's definitely not the best and I picked up on many things I should change if I use it again, at least how I used it in class. Someone else left a useful PPT too on different ways to complain. Unfortunately it didn't work as well in my lesson due to the timing and because it would have meant steering the lesson in a way that I had not originally planned. However i did try make use of it as best I could. the game they added is pretty good.

• colamberth
  • Waygookin

• September 03, 2017, 01:22:30 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 03:04:00 pm »
ya this book is trash, I did come up with an idea though

I'm gonna put up pictures on the screen of like a dirty restaurant, crowded bus, etc...and have each team make as many complaints as they can. they can be crazy or funny. the team with the most suggestions will get a point and the team with the most creative suggestion will get a point. it's just  i have to use 4 classes to teach each lesson and i feel like im stretchin the material thin LOL. thanks for all your suggestions guys!!