Read 2099 times

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
Grade 3 Halloween Material
« on: September 23, 2019, 02:48:59 pm »
Last year, my Korean co-teacher found a cool Halloween reggae song for 3rd grade. It counts to 10, but on the breaks in the song she had them sing "eleven, twelve, eleven twelve" because our book teaches them 1 to 12.

Also, a few years ago I downloaded these Halloween alphabet coloring sheets for 3rd grade because the book teaches them the alphabet during the first semester. The students don't have enough time to color all of them, but usually we give them two or three to do. If you want to make it more challenging, you could have the students label the colors they use. The color lesson is just before Halloween in our book.

It's an easy lesson for the teachers!

• Georgina97
  • Adventurer

• March 04, 2019, 02:22:07 pm
    • Jeju, South Korea
Re: Grade 3 Halloween Material
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 08:54:24 pm »
make halloween slime and spider game

• cashim08
  • Newgookin

• September 10, 2019, 07:56:14 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Grade 3 Halloween Material
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 03:07:21 pm »
Hello! I made this for my after school class. I usually have the hardest time with my students but this lesson worked very well. YAY!

I started by explaining Halloween in the states, like dressing up in costumes and going trick or treating. Then I pre-taught a little vocab to go with a call and response video later on. I also showed the costume version of the terms for fun. There are two blank slides in here that I used to share different Halloween costumes of me from previous years and had the students guess what I was.

The call and response video is linked. First I taught the main phrase a couple of times then we actually went into it. I  had my third graders get up and dance. With my fourth graders I let them sit if they wanted to, and there were a few that did but the others enjoyed themselves.

After that I gave a little spiel about pumpkin carving. The video here is of my ESL students back in the states, the kids actually liked seeing that but you could edit out or change it if you want.

Finally, the class ends with a make your own pumpkin coloring activity.  I also linked a YouTube mix to a Halloween playlist that I had going on in the background for this.

Hope you enjoy this.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:10:26 pm by cashim08 »