Read 139 times

• aLioness89
  • Newgookin

• September 02, 2019, 07:46:53 am
    • South Korea
Trump feuds with National Weather Service
« on: September 05, 2019, 12:19:46 pm »
Waygookers, did you see Trump feuding with FEMA and the National Weather Service because they corrected him on something he got obviously wrong?
He was called out for incorrectly stating Alabama was in the path of Hurricane Dorian.

article: Trump Used Doctored Hurricane Dorian Forecast Map Backing False Claim That Alabama Was in Its Path

“I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know,” the president said when asked why the NOAA map he cited appeared to be doctored with black Sharpie.

"Speaking to reporters inside the Oval Office on Wednesday, President Donald Trump discussed Hurricane Dorian and its current path, eventually pulling out a days-old forecast map that appeared to be altered to bolster the president’s previous false claims that Alabama was in the hurricane’s path.

The president pointed to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s forecast map from August 29, and where the original forecast ended, a black circle apparently drawn in Sharpie was added. Trump offered no explanation for the apparent alteration.

The doctored map is just the latest in an ongoing saga wherein the president has doubled, if not tripled, down on claims that Alabama was in Dorian’s path. The original forecast from Aug. 29 predicted the hurricane making landfall in central Florida and dying out after crossing through the state. The president was briefed last Thursday using that exact map, according to photographs released that day by the White House.

Nowhere in that prediction was Alabama slated to be in the storm’s path. And yet, on Sunday, the president warned that Alabama could be “hit (much) harder than anticipated.” Despite the Birmingham branch of the National Weather Service blasting out that “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian,” the president made the false claim two more times. On Monday, he tweeted that he said nothing wrong, claiming that “under certain original scenarios, it was in fact correct that Alabama could have received some ‘hurt.’”

Asked on Wednesday why the map appeared to have been doctored, Trump gave a bizarre non-denial. “I don't know. I don't know. I don't know,” he repeatedly said.
He then quadrupled down on the false Alabama claim: “I know that Alabama was in the original forecast, they thought it would get a piece of it. We have a better map... in all cases Alabama was hit, if not lightly in some cases pretty hard. They gave it a 95 percent chance.”
The president has a longstanding habit of refusing to back down from his incorrect assertions, even when proven definitively wrong; and he has an equally longstanding streak of enlisting aides and associates to help him perpetuate his lie or falsehood."

What a guy. What a jolly good fellow.

• aLioness89
  • Newgookin

• September 02, 2019, 07:46:53 am
    • South Korea
Re: Trump feuds with National Weather Service
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 03:06:21 pm »
When will my post be approved?

It seems in my 2 weeks on here. If you post in support of Trump and the Right, your posts are approved right away and supported by the moderators.
But if we post something that sheds negative light on him our posts don't get approved?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:10:28 pm »
You do have to start seriously considering whether trump's senility is advancing.  His lies are starting to seem like the statements of a  confused, losing his mind old man rather than the lies of a confused old man.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 09:17:49 pm »
*shakes fist at the weather*