« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2019, 04:07:05 am »
Men talking abut men-hmmm.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
Re: Young males are fighting back
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2019, 07:29:21 am »
going around slagging off people's mainstream tastes to bolster your identity and dignify your mediocre life?

Is this going to devolve into Korean ballad back and forth?

Seriously though, is that video better than an episode of Sherlock? Because it's longer than one. Is there a TLDW? And sure everyone knows the last series was poor. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2019, 07:38:55 am »
going around slagging off people's mainstream tastes to bolster your identity and dignify your mediocre life?

Seriously though, is that video better than an episode of Sherlock? Because it's longer than one. Is there a TLDW? And sure everyone knows the last series was poor. 

Then don't watch it. Why did you fly off the handle when I criticised a show you like? You're not the show, but I am me, so you sound like a total dick.

• stoat
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2019, 07:48:45 am »

Then don't watch it. Why did you fly off the handle when I criticised a show you like? You're not the show, but I am me, so you sound like a total dick.

I was parodying DeMartino for a joke, but seems it  backfired.  :sad:

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2019, 07:59:45 am »

You cock! hahahaha

So was I!

• UriNara
  • Adventurer

• October 17, 2017, 04:25:15 am
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2019, 08:48:14 am »

You cock! hahahaha

So was I!

Is calling someone male genital Canada slang? You should be ashamed. This is teacher website.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2019, 08:59:07 am »
You cock!
Is calling someone male genital Canada slang? You should be ashamed. This is teacher website.
CO2 was clearly calling Stoat a male chicken!
Why would you assume he was referring to genitalia? You should be ashamed!

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2019, 09:14:23 am »
women may appreciate the changes, but they will not be attracted to the soyboys if the changes go too far.
You might be wrong here. Based on what I've observed of the young women here, the vast majority seem to love your so called "soyboys".

Not really.  Elementary girls and teenage girls love your girly looking K pop star type.  By 25 and up, they really get turned off on that.  A lot more women are staying single claiming a decent man is hard to find, both here and in the west.  A lot more soyboys than ever and not turning them on.  Too much guys girly grooming with longish beards and manbuns or slicked back hair. 

This is different from your standard "cleancut" look or just a neat trimmed beard or not too many tattoos.  In my experience, most women like guys that aren't too feminine or too macho.  There is a right balance.  The problem is within a short 10 year period, a lot of guys, even in the country went from being too macho (to the point you wanted to punch some of them in the face) to being too weak and feminine.  Now, if you're naturally this way and gay, then go do your thing.  I'm not talking about them.  But some militant feminists who wanted men to be too soft now have their wish and aren't happy. 

A modest macho or masculine spiel (without being an arrogant jerk) can work wonders.  This isn't a call to mistreat women.  Go get help if you want to "hurt" people.  But the number of single women saying they can't find a good man has risen here nowadays.  They would rather be alone.  (Of course one thing that has changed is the mindset around gold digging.  It has dropped off a lot compared to before when women would even openly admit it.  The older generation had a very different way of thinking. ) 

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2019, 09:17:18 am »
I call this the pendulum effect.

A dysfunctional society will attempt to self-correct by swinging to the opposite extreme, then back to the original extreme. Over time, the swing will be moderate.
I don't care how stubborn people are, culture is ALWAYS at the mercy of the environment. The unfortunate, but necessary, future is that Korea is heading towards a massive societal collapse, brought about by the 0.98 birth-rate. Not even the most skilled government will be able to prevent this, let alone a bunch of clueless, geriatric ajjoushis who lambast women for not "doing their national duty" by having more children. After the inevitable cataclysmic collapse, the culture is going to gradually evolve to be more in tune with the environment and times.
Corporate Media: Lower population is going to be a disaster
Also Corporate Media: We need to stop having children to save the planet and prevent a disaster.

Corporate media:  Let's import the 3rd world into our countries too.  (We don't want to pay citizens a 'living wage'.  The rest we outsource to China.)

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2019, 09:19:51 am »

You cock! hahahaha

So was I!

Get your mind out of the gutter. You have male genitals in your thoughts so your filthy mind automatically jumps to that...
As Kyndo said, it is the name for a male chicken. Cocks are proud and often strut around like they own the place. So if I were to call you a cock, just a complete and utter cock, even maybe a cock head, I'm probably commenting on your actions or personality or how you remind me of a chicken in some way.
Over the years I've read your posts and thought "man, Uri Nara seems like a little cock". But I didn't type these thoughts out.
Anyway, I'm glad you can learn some English from us.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 09:33:03 am by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2019, 09:20:13 am »

If a Korean woman dated a foreigner even up till recently, she was called a whore, a race traitor, a hooker, etc.

They still are...

I really don't think most Koreans can say that openly in 2019.  Also I remember collective c0ck blocking.  That is gone.  Now many Koreans always tell me I should date Korean women and seem to have no qualms about it.  I suppose those folks are still around.  I usually would avoid bringing a date later in the evening or night to an older part of town where more traditional folks live.  I have seen an incredible improvement over the last decade or so. 

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2019, 09:30:00 am »
Ahhhh I remember the collective cockblocking!!!!

This one time I was chatting to an overly friendly girl that was standing next to me on the train back to Chungnam (circa 2012).

Young university dude felt the need to interject and said something directly to her...which ruined the mood and she went to a different part of the train.

I almost had my very own “you see these rocks” moment that day.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2019, 09:32:22 am »
I almost had my very own “you see these rocks” moment that day.

Classic, hahahaha

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2019, 11:12:59 am »
women may appreciate the changes, but they will not be attracted to the soyboys if the changes go too far.
You might be wrong here. Based on what I've observed of the young women here, the vast majority seem to love your so called "soyboys".

Not really.  Elementary girls and teenage girls love your girly looking K pop star type.  By 25 and up, they really get turned off on that.  A lot more women are staying single claiming a decent man is hard to find, both here and in the west.  A lot more soyboys than ever and not turning them on.  Too much guys girly grooming with longish beards and manbuns or slicked back hair. 

This is different from your standard "cleancut" look or just a neat trimmed beard or not too many tattoos.  In my experience, most women like guys that aren't too feminine or too macho.  There is a right balance.  The problem is within a short 10 year period, a lot of guys, even in the country went from being too macho (to the point you wanted to punch some of them in the face) to being too weak and feminine.  Now, if you're naturally this way and gay, then go do your thing.  I'm not talking about them.  But some militant feminists who wanted men to be too soft now have their wish and aren't happy. 

A modest macho or masculine spiel (without being an arrogant jerk) can work wonders.  This isn't a call to mistreat women.  Go get help if you want to "hurt" people.  But the number of single women saying they can't find a good man has risen here nowadays.  They would rather be alone.  (Of course one thing that has changed is the mindset around gold digging.  It has dropped off a lot compared to before when women would even openly admit it.  The older generation had a very different way of thinking. ) 
Not based on the handful of recent weddings I've attended. There is definitely a changing of preferences. But also, I guess the type of job the guy had. And in this modern world money is the 'in shape' caveman that can 'protect' your resources.

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2019, 12:23:47 pm »
I really don't think most Koreans can say that openly in 2019.  Also I remember collective c0ck blocking.  That is gone.  Now many Koreans always tell me I should date Korean women and seem to have no qualms about it.  I suppose those folks are still around.  I usually would avoid bringing a date later in the evening or night to an older part of town where more traditional folks live.  I have seen an incredible improvement over the last decade or so.
I think a big part has to do with the fact that at this point, it's as likely for foreign women to date Korean men as it is for foreign men to date Korean women and the perceived "desirability" of Korean guys in greater Asia and also further abroad has substantially increased. That sort of chilled out the insecure xenophobes. Now you get stories of psycho Korean women attacking foreign girls for saying "hi" to some guy.

By 25 and up, they really get turned off on that.  A lot more women are staying single claiming a decent man is hard to find, both here and in the west.
By 25 everything changes- you're starting your career, maybe had your first serious life f-up, your hormones are no longer raging, etc. At this point people become more sober in their choices.

I think a lot of it comes down to economics+attractiveness and it has nothing to do with soyboys. For goodness sakes we had this in the 80s when guys had long hair, wore makeup, and wore flamboyant outfits. People didn't care. It's about money and wanting to party till you are 35.

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2019, 03:55:38 pm »
What does classically handsome mean? Or classically beautiful for that matter.

I get a laugh out of the latest rag's issue of the 10 Most Beautiful Women and they're all white Americans. I see 10  women more beautiful  every day here within a 10 minute walk from my house.
Not John Wayne or some meathead like Arnold, not someone like David Bowie. Someone like uhh...Cary Grant or Denzel?

I mention women and you offer guys. Strange. How do you swing?

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2019, 06:23:30 pm »
What does classically handsome mean? Or classically beautiful for that matter.

I get a laugh out of the latest rag's issue of the 10 Most Beautiful Women and they're all white Americans. I see 10  women more beautiful  every day here within a 10 minute walk from my house.
Not John Wayne or some meathead like Arnold, not someone like David Bowie. Someone like uhh...Cary Grant or Denzel?

I mention women and you offer guys. Strange. How do you swing?
You asked "What does classically handsome mean?" I answered.

Anyways
1) I'm straight.
2) It's none of your  business. Kind of a rude thing to ask.
3) It's 2019 and why you even give a crap about that or bring it up is beyond me.
4) Aren't you like, a grown adult?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:26:47 pm by Mr.DeMartino »