Read 377 times

• gagevt
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• August 24, 2013, 01:55:38 pm
    • Gyeongbuk
    more
2019 Grade 6 Daekyo 1 - 9: How Often Do You Exercise?
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:35:08 am »
Feel free to submit any materials you wish to share here.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

• CMC2668
  • Veteran

• May 07, 2012, 01:08:26 pm
    • south korea
Re: 2019 Grade 6 Daekyo 1 - 9: How Often Do You Exercise?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:45:56 pm »
Here is a fun game to practice adverbs of frequency. IN this 'Dice Game' students are asked a question, such as 'how often do you exercise?' and then they must roll the dice to make a funny answer.

https://youtu.be/jxF6F3Hqx68

• cashim08
  • Newgookin

• September 10, 2019, 07:56:14 pm
    • Jindong, South Korea
Re: 2019 Grade 6 Daekyo 1 - 9: How Often Do You Exercise?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 03:02:45 pm »
Here is something that I put together. I found this idea on the internet it might've been from here but I forget. I also forgot the name of the gal who's concept this so I'm sorry!!

Basically, after you pre-teach the vocabulary and new language skill, you would show a PPT with a bunch of different GIFs that represent the actions from the chapter. You also need a large-ish dice. I bought one from Daiso for really cheap :)

Game:
- There are two teams and one person from each team comes up at a time
- When you show the gif they race to grab the dice
- Whoever grabs it first will roll the dice and what ever number it lands on they say something like "I wash my hand 5 times a week" (It can get pretty silly)
- I keep the sentence frames up on the board for them to reference: "I _____ ____ times a _____", month, week, year.

You can also do this after you teach the basic phrases but before they have the concept of how many times a week/month etc.
My students wanted to play by having each person roll the dice and whoever had the higher number got to say whether the action was washing your hands, cleaning your room, etc.

Hope this makes sense!