Read 1502 times

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
Daekyo Grade 5 2019 Lesson 10: Where Is the Market?
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:21:57 am »
Submit your lessons here!

• buckybee
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
    • Gunsan
Re: Daekyo Grade 5 2019 Lesson 10: Where Is the Market?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 11:56:26 am »
Listening decoding game and find Psy game speaking game
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 10:57:59 am by buckybee »

• starryella
  • Waygookin

• November 07, 2019, 04:29:39 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 01:46:17 pm »
I made a map with pictures for a "Mystery Game" that was wildly successful with my classes ;D

Students work in pairs and are given a map and a set of cards. The cards have questions like "Where is the market?" They place the stack of cards face-down on their desk and one student draws a card without showing their partner. They have to tell their partner how to get to that place using directions only. If their partner makes it to the right place and guesses the location correctly, they get a point.

When printing the question sets doc and dividing flashcards into sets, I gave each team two sets of questions and that seemed to be the right number.

All of my classes loved it and had a lot of fun so I hope someone else will have success with this too!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 03:31:14 pm »
Intro ppt and Simon says game. I did not create the ppt.

• starryella
  • Waygookin

• November 07, 2019, 04:29:39 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 01:54:22 pm »
I wanted to add to my previous submission since we expanded on my previous map activity as a final activity for this lesson. My coteacher wanted a reading focus so we turned our classroom into a mini city using the desk arrangement. Students were given a card and had to read directions and navigate through the city to find the correct destination. I didn't have an answer key because to me as a native English speaker the answers were extremely obvious, but you could certainly adapt this however.

We gave them candy as they completed their "journey."

The attached map shows how I set this up (the grey squares were unused because I thought they were too easy from the starting point). Please note that teacher's house is on here twice because I had one for me and one for my co-teacher - if you don't have a co-teacher, you will want to adjust this, obviously. The direction cards won't work as-is if you don't go according to the map, so... I recommend not changing a lot unless you want to also write new directions. I tried to vary them for use of terms like "across" and "next to" which my students are still unsure about.

I laminated the cards as well as the START HERE star and I taped the star onto the floor. As for the location labels, I just folded each piece of paper into thirds to make a triangle so the words could be read.

Some of the students got a little disoriented today when we tried it out so to counteract that I've decided to "number" each block by just printing out the large numbers and sticking them on the floor as well so the students don't get confused about which block they're supposed to be on.

I would also suggest opening class with a vocab and direction refresher and making sure they are clear which is left (왼쪽) and which is right (오른쪽).

It wasn't as exciting as my mystery map activity but I do think it's good reading practice for them and directly tests their comprehension of the unit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:02:46 pm by starryella »

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:30:30 pm »
I found this powerpoint/ worksheet in another textbook's thought it was amazing so I'm re-posting here. It's connect four, but with partners. I printed out the game and laminated it, so students can write on it and erase just like a white board. Just print out the last slide.

• Tehmina
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2019, 10:48:23 am
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 12:22:41 pm »
Game and lessons. The luigi game from Mario can be slow to load so make sure it works on your co teacher's computer or your computer before presenting. Games and lessons adapted from other sources in Waygook or by me. Thanks and enjoy!