Read 432 times

So the title pretty much says it all but I'm curious if the contract is still for one year or only for the remaining half of the school year or what. I was caught off guard by a sudden deadline change and therefore unable to go in August. Just curious if you might know thanks for your help!

• m.corless
  • Super Waygook

• August 30, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
    • Toronto, ON, Canada
EPIK's spring intake is February, March, April. You won't start at a public school in January as that's winter break. Starting Feb means beginning the Korean school year with the students and your contract is for one year like usual.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
EPIK's spring intake is February, March, April. You won't start at a public school in January as that's winter break. Starting Feb means beginning the Korean school year with the students and your contract is for one year like usual.
So the title pretty much says it all but I'm curious if the contract is still for one year or only for the remaining half of the school year or what. I was caught off guard by a sudden deadline change and therefore unable to go in August. Just curious if you might know thanks for your help!

WHAT?

Were you offered an  EPIK contract starting in January or...are you assuming you will find one?

Ah it was an assumption, all I know is I am to go in the Spring intake. Thanks for your help!

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
No, sometimes people quit.  Some people's contracts also finish in the middle of the semester.  You may be taking over after someone leaves.  I was hired in the middle of the semester.  Most contracts go one year from March or September.  But some contracts start whenever.  I suppose some places may let the contracts be unfilled till the next major start date (March or September) but some will hire right away since they have the money budgeted already.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm

It's called direct intake and it's quite common. My contract start/end month is May. Epik's main intakes are February/March and August, this doesn't mean they don't take people on year-round. If you're using a recruiter, they'll usually ask you when you're ready to start. If you say immediately, they're able to find a position for you to start ASAP instead of waiting for the main intake dates.