Read 198 times

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
South Koreans to have longest life expectancy by 2030
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:19:00 pm »
Life expectancy set to hit 90 in South Korea

But it is South Korean women who will be living longest by 2030: there is a nearly 60% chance that their life expectancy at birth will exceed 90 years by that time, the team calculates. Girls born in the country that year can expect to live, on average, to nearly 91, and boys to 84, the highest in the world

South Koreans .. have relatively equal access to health care, lower blood pressure than people in Western countries and low rates of smoking among women.

https://www.nature.com/news/life-expectancy-set-to-hit-90-in-south-korea-1.21535

I find this hard to believe because many elderly people barely survive on low pensions and collecting cardboard.
Catch my drift?

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
Re: South Koreans to have longest life expectancy by 2030
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 10:59:15 pm »
Reactions:

1. Kimchi power!

2. The hard glass ceiling ensures that all but dynasty rich Korean women don't have much career stress.

3. Those swinging exercise contraptions in the park are useful!

4. Seven million makgeolli bottles are consumed every night in South Korea, and more often by women than men. The j-curve of alcohol consumption mortality in science is operating here if most women are having 2-3 but no more or less per night, on average.

5. Walking. I see so many more old women walking around. The 5-day markets are run by elderly women. Heck, back home old women appear less often in public, seem much less active.

6. What happened to Japan? Why aren't their women continuing to live longer than Korean women, like they used to?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 12:34:41 am »
While this looks like a proper peer reviewed paper, there is a flaw.

The root WHO data is provided by national health agencies.

Korea would be a country which one might expect might try to paint a more favorable picture of the situation.

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 09:47:05 pm »
Korea would be a country which one might expect might try to paint a more favorable picture of the situation.

They consistently get away with it too, because Korea is still a blank canvas to the rest of the world.

And because it is inconceivable to most people that an entire country would subconsciously or deliberately conspire to mislead the rest of the world.

Catch my drift?