Read 1266 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Korean Air pilots like to drink while flying it seems...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 11:18:04 am »

Mods, can we make him do a CAPTCHA test, just in case?
to be fair, i often fail those tests

"select the pictures with traffic lights in them"

uhh, does the traffic light pole count?
there's also one picture with 1 pixel of traffic light in it.. does that count?
i know there's a traffic light behind that tree, but i can't see it. should i select this picture?

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
Imagine having so little to do at work and nothing better to do in your leisure time that you would spend hours typing utter and complete bollocks on Waygook.
Imagine being so out of touch with reality as to hallucinate that I am spending hours on Waygook.

Seriously.  It was a real reach for him to come to that conclusion.
It shows how poorly a lot of people perceive things. You can look at the number of posts or when I posted or objective data like that and it's pretty clear I'm not spending "hours on waygook". However if you rely on "feels" then I can see how someone with a poor sense of time and what effort is required to produce something might conclude I'm spending hours on waygook. Or that I'm producing tomes with my posts. Or that my posts would require hours to write.

I must say that some of those people who think my posts must require hours to write seem to be able to make posts of only 2-3 sentences. Maybe for them it takes tremendous effort to write that much and to create a single thought. But they should understand that other people are capable of thinking and writing much more quickly.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 12:46:02 pm »
Imagine having so little to do at work and nothing better to do in your leisure time that you would spend hours typing utter and complete bollocks on Waygook.
Imagine being so out of touch with reality as to hallucinate that I am spending hours on Waygook.

Seriously.  It was a real reach for him to come to that conclusion.
It shows how poorly a lot of people perceive things. You can look at the number of posts or when I posted or objective data like that and it's pretty clear I'm not spending "hours on waygook". However if you rely on "feels" then I can see how someone with a poor sense of time and what effort is required to produce something might conclude I'm spending hours on waygook. Or that I'm producing tomes with my posts. Or that my posts would require hours to write.

I must say that some of those people who think my posts must require hours to write seem to be able to make posts of only 2-3 sentences. Maybe for them it takes tremendous effort to write that much and to create a single thought. But they should understand that other people are capable of thinking and writing much more quickly.
I mean, I'll certainly grant that your thinking and writing is sloppy, ill-thought out and poorly expressed.  Happy?

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:04 pm »
I mean, I'll certainly grant that your thinking and writing is sloppy, ill-thought out and poorly expressed.  Happy?
No that would be you, who is apparently incapable of comprehending of how a product that appeals tremendously to 20% of people and repulses 80%, could be more successful and profitable than a product that gets 7/10 (in other words, a C-) from 100% of people. Such is your utter lack of understanding of human behavior.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 02:51:45 pm »
No that would be you, who is apparently incapable of comprehending of how a product that appeals tremendously to 20% of people and repulses 80%, could be more successful and profitable than a product that gets 7/10 (in other words, a C-) from 100% of people. Such is your utter lack of understanding of human behavior.
Give it up, Clueless.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 03:39:31 pm »
It's pretty clear that Martin has nothing to do and nothing to contribute at work. Meanwhile Korean Air still employs drunk pilots.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2019, 04:13:15 pm »
It's pretty clear that Martin has nothing to do and nothing to contribute at work. Meanwhile Korean Air still employs drunk pilots.
Your hallucination has been noted.
1) You assume that my posts indicate how much time I spend at work on them. I think your estimation of the time spent on them vs. the actual time spent on them is not as accurate as you think it is. I don't think you're quite the judge of time it takes someone to write something that you think you are.
2) The Korean Air pilot was drunk?

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2019, 08:17:36 am »
DMart: I must say that some of those people who think my posts must require hours to write seem to be able to make posts of only 2-3 sentences. Maybe for them it takes tremendous effort to write that much and to create a single thought. But they should understand that other people are capable of thinking and writing much more quickly.

The implication being that most posters here lack the skill and ability to write at the pace of MArtino. 

No one's buying, pal.  On the other hand, I will admit that it sometimes takes me hours to finish reading some of your posts.  The tedium present in most of your ramblings isn't always easy to slog my way through. 

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2019, 09:32:41 am »
The implication being that most posters here lack the skill and ability to write at the pace of MArtino. 
That is your hallucination. Given how fast most people text these days, I'd say it's pretty standard.

But anyone who thinks 3-4 paragraphs must take a huge amount of time is an idiot. Just because it would take you an hour to write that much does not mean that applies to everyone. You can be smart and a slow writer. But a smart person would realize that their level of ability does not reflect everyone else's. 

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2019, 10:02:32 am »
Demartino:  Just because it would take you an hour to write that much does not mean that applies to everyone.

Since you like to tout your reading comprehension skills while critiquing others, show me where I said it would take me an hour to write that?  Prove your point since you value that in a writer.  Or...hang on, are you just making stuff up again? 

And it was me, you quoted, so don't go try and deflect with a "Dude, anyone would understand that I was talking about people in general" type of defense. 

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 11:22:55 am »
And it was me, you quoted, so don't go try and deflect with a "Dude, anyone would understand that I was talking about people in general" type of defense. 
Actually I addressed YOU in the first paragraph.

In the second paragraph, I addressed "anyone" and never used the word YOU.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 11:40:48 am »
Actually I addressed YOU in the first paragraph.

In the second paragraph, I addressed "anyone" and never used the word YOU.

Wow!  Are you serious?  You know I just need to copy and paste, right?  How long did you think that defense would hold up? 

Here it is from DeMartono himself, the second paragraph.

But anyone who thinks 3-4 paragraphs must take a huge amount of time is an idiot. Just because it would take you an hour to write that much does not mean that applies to everyone. You can be smart and a slow writer. But a smart person would realize that their level of ability does not reflect everyone else's. 

Ah, it's almost cute that he wrote he never used the word "you" in the second paragraph.  I'm almost giddy thinking of how he will spin this.  I'm guessing he's going to try and claim that since he used "anyone" that it somehow negates the pointed "YOU" in the second sentence.  I know, I know, it makes no sense but it's DMart in a corner and he has to try some sort of horsesh*t to save face. 

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 12:45:50 pm »

Ah, it's almost cute that he wrote he never used the word "you" in the second paragraph.  I'm almost giddy thinking of how he will spin this.  I'm guessing he's going to try and claim that since he used "anyone" that it somehow negates the pointed "YOU" in the second sentence.  I know, I know, it makes no sense but it's DMart in a corner and he has to try some sort of horsesh*t to save face. 
Yup I messed up. You got me.

I meant to word it differently and just typed you without thinking. Now I look like an idiot. No shame. It's not making no mistakes, it's being able to recognize when you've made them and accept it. I effed up,

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 01:12:27 pm »

Yup I messed up. You got me.

I meant to word it differently and just typed you without thinking. Now I look like an idiot. No shame. It's not making no mistakes, it's being able to recognize when you've made them and accept it. I effed up,
Now, about Trump ...

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 01:19:49 pm »
Now, about Trump ...
Would that be the Trump that a bunch of people on here would collapse the economy, deport millions, ban all Muslims, start WWIII, abolish the free press, and have Russians marching through the capital?

As far as mistakes go, I'm doing alright there. I think others need to admit that while its perfectly fine to not like him and happily want someone else, that the predictions of doom and gloom have failed to materialize and really, things aren't that bad. In fact, they're kind of good.

The amount of howling people have done vs. the actual state of your life and people's lives in America, is completely disproportionate.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 10:42:56 pm »
According to the article, the airline accepted the pilot's claim that he didn't have anything to drink on the plane. Then why did he ask for a second drink?