Read 79 times

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• May 03, 2015, 03:51:12 am
    • seoul
I am trying to send a phone to India.
How and what company can I use?
So far ems ,ups, dhl has said no because of batteries ..

Re: What Korean company can deliver cellphones internationally?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 11:49:54 am »
Send it by surface mail. You can't ship Li-ion batteries by airmail. They're classified as a hazardous material here.

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• May 03, 2015, 03:51:12 am
    • seoul
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 12:24:39 pm »
i would like to but it takes way too long to ship... i think it was 2 months

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 12:32:24 pm »
Someone told me that as long as the battery is contained in something that will keep it isolated and safe from bumping, Korean airmail should be fine with shipping it, but I've been told otherwise from postal workers.

I know people who just lied about what was in the package, though, and made sure it was super bubble wrapped.

Not telling you that's the way to go, but it's the only way I know of if you want to ship it out.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 03:44:45 pm »
I know people who just lied about what was in the package, though, and made sure it was super bubble wrapped.

Not telling you that's the way to go, but it's the only way I know of if you want to ship it out.

Be careful about that, I accidentally sent a gift to a family member without realising it contained a li-ion battery. Korea Post must have scanned the box because the next day I got a call from them telling me that it couldn't be sent and I had to go and collect it.