Read 221 times

Powerpoint Keeps Crashing on Certain Games
« on: July 01, 2019, 02:00:29 pm »
Random games keep crashing when I try playing them on my office computer and also my main coteacher's computer. It's the same issue. The slide will either freeze when it's in presentation mode, or it'll open fine and when I click for an animation, it freezes. I know it's not because of large file sizes because games that are larger work just fine. Has this happened to anyone and do you know how to fix this? This didn't happen the first half of the semester, but once after I played a KakaoTalk pirate game, it keeps happening. I sent one game to a friend and she said it worked fine.

Ones that I know freeze so far are KakaoTalk pirate game, Kpop record playing pirate game, Pokemon shuffle game.

Re: Powerpoint Keeps Crashing on Certain Games
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 11:41:55 am »
I find that I have issues occasionally with games that are fine on my computer when I'm planning and then crash when I'm teaching in a homeroom. Either Powerpoint freezes or the programme just closes.

After it happened a few times on their homeroom computer, one of my co-teachers ran the game through a different programme and it worked fine. I asked what the programme was and was given this installer for a Hancom Office Viewer. If I run the games that are crashing on normal Powerpoint through that viewer (by right-clicking and selecting 'Open with...' after installing it on the computer in question), they seem to work fine.

Hope it works for you!

Re: Powerpoint Keeps Crashing on Certain Games
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 03:01:03 pm »
In the past, I occasionally needed the Powerpoint 2007 Viewer for files that would behave weirdly in 2013/2016. It's available for download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27806

Also, I've occasionally had a file that was slightly corrupted and couldn't open or quite work right in powerpoint.
But I could open those in libreoffice (a free office suite, https://www.libreoffice.org/ ). Using that program, it allowed me to sometimes re-save the file, which fixed the corruption and made it work fine in powerpoint. And other times, I just copied/pasted the materials out into a new/good PPT file.