Read 381 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Between a rock and a hard place (re; Trump on Iran)
« on: June 21, 2019, 10:03:13 pm »
trump's policy of maximum pressure on Iran isn't working out so well.  If he decides on military conflict, the US would have very few allies to prosecute a war that would "make Iraq look like a cakewalk." If he does nothing, he's more or less admitting that tearing up the treaty with Iran was a mistake (it was).

And then there's this:
Trump this week formally kicked off his reelection campaign amid sagging poll numbers, an ironic coincidence given that his past tweets predicted in 2011 that President Barack Obama would bomb Iran to raise his own ratings and win reelection.

When the 2012 election came and went and Obama didn’t attack Iran, Trump continued to make the same prediction, shifting the reasons to “save face” or “show how tough he is.”

In still other tweets, however, he accused Obama of being weak on Iran and even a “friend” to the nation.

Here are some of them:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

3:48 PM - Nov 29, 2011
Twitter Ads info and privacy
15K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran.  He is desperate.

5:39 PM - Oct 9, 2012
Twitter Ads info and privacy
32.1K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

Quite a pickle.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:00:38 pm by VanIslander »

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Super Waygook

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
Re: Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 07:13:36 am »
Just saw a bit about former military advisors saying it'd be highly unlikely that things panned out like Trump stated: ''I cancelled it 10 min. before.'' They said it was just a charades for media coverage.
Who's ready for another 4 years of Trump 2020!

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
Re: Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 12:52:31 pm »
Trump will do anything to raise his ratings and change the media narrative. That includes a "fake war" with Iran.

Re: Between a rock and a hard place (re; Trump on Iran)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 07:15:03 am »
....Iran’s very ignorant and insulting statement, put out today, only shows that they do not understand reality. Any attack by Iran on anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!

Can you imagine a devastating war started on Twitter?  I mean seriously, what a coward.  The US is alone on this one and Iran knows it.  Also, every time I read something said by trump attacking someone, it always applies to him:  'ignorant' 'insulting' not understand reality'.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Between a rock and a hard place (re; Trump on Iran)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 09:46:27 pm »
"I don't need an exit strategy."

That worked out well in Iraq, didn't it?

dude has been so insulated from real life for so long he thinks it's just one long TV show.  I doubt they see it that way in Iran.