Read 2937 times

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
Re: The State of Cryptocurrency
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2019, 05:29:05 pm »
a nice buy back happening right now. be great to see above 12k again so soon to really put the confidence back in buyers. it was a pretty crazy, relentless drop (look at the 4 hour chart!) so quite surprised to see such strong buys so soon. another bullish weekend? plssss

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Super Waygook

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2019, 02:57:04 am »
im out made some... ;D

then...
 :shocked:

:huh:

>:(
 :cry:
Who's ready for another 4 years of Trump 2020!

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2019, 08:55:49 am »
a nice buy back happening right now. be great to see above 12k again so soon to really put the confidence back in buyers. it was a pretty crazy, relentless drop (look at the 4 hour chart!) so quite surprised to see such strong buys so soon. another bullish weekend? plssss

That massive red candle was similar to what we saw at ATH in 2017 and the cause most likely is big money exiting their positions.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2019, 10:34:12 am »
even in 2017 i think i remember there being more bumps up and down along the way.. not straight down :p

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2019, 07:07:38 am »
It's gone a bit quiet here after that huge drop then lol.

So we got the 30% pullback that every man and his dog was waiting for.  I bought the dip (got in at around $9,800) with money I had been setting aside for this situation.  I had stopped buying since the beginning of that huge run up so I was really happy to catch that.  I still have some cash in reserve to buy more if we revisit the $9ks or lower.

I don't do any "real" trading because the risk is too high for me but god do I feel sick in hindsight when I see how much BTC I could have added by selling blow off tops like that $14K.  Congrats to Oglop by the way who did that.

Although I don't trade I actively read as much TA as I can.  I find it absolutely fascinating and I love learning about this stuff.

Very happy to see BTC creeping back up  and hope everyone is ok and doing well!

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2019, 10:29:06 am »
Poloniex now allows customers in 80 countries, including Korea, to deposit and withdraw fiat:

https://medium.com/circle-trader/poloniex-now-provides-card-and-bank-account-connectivity-for-crypto-trading-2d2cef175639

GOPAX works great for this already, but it's always nice to have other options.  8)

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2019, 11:11:01 am »
nice one belo horizonte. didn't know about this

market is heating up again. 12800 seemed the last piece of resistance before 14k.is there any meaningful resistance after that...? new ATH by end of summer?   8)

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2019, 11:24:32 am »
nice one belo horizonte. didn't know about this

market is heating up again. 12800 seemed the last piece of resistance before 14k.is there any meaningful resistance after that...? new ATH by end of summer?   8)

It looks like an exhaustion move to me.

Price loops back up in a 'U' and next comes the sell off.

Not sure when it comes, but I can definitely smell crypto blood. Be careful out there.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:35:46 am by belo horizonte »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2019, 12:35:55 pm »
tehre will probably be some nasty whipsaw to liquidate some longs/shorts (bitmexrekt is a fun twitter feed). but, meh, this looks like the strongest bitcoin has ever been. overbought on the weekly though, so might see a drop/rsi reset before a significant move up? wouldn't mind a slower move up this time...

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2019, 02:10:28 pm »
I have BTC I bought at 3K and I don't care how high it goes.

But anyone buying at these prices needs their head checked.

You're paying 4x as much as I did for the same thing.  :-[

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »
I have BTC I bought at 3K and I don't care how high it goes.

But anyone buying at these prices needs their head checked.

You're paying 4x as much as I did for the same thing.  :-[

I'm always a bit confused by your posts here.  Didn't you sell most of your BTC at $7K/$8K in anticipation of a dump?  We're now at $13K.  Have you bought back in since then?

Or do you mean buying on + $1000 move days is a very risky move?   Sorry, I can't see what you're getting at here when you say that people are paying 4 times as much for the same thing.

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2019, 02:45:40 pm »

I'm always a bit confused by your posts here.  Didn't you sell most of your BTC at $7K/$8K in anticipation of a dump?  We're now at $13K.  Have you bought back in since then?

Or do you mean buying on + $1000 move days is a very risky move?   Sorry, I can't see what you're getting at here when you say that people are paying 4 times as much for the same thing.

Buying at the top and buying on $1000 green days are both risky moves. You can buy pullbacks if you protect yourself with a stop loss, but how many people in crypto do that?

I bought my BTC around $3300. People buying at $13,000 are paying 4x the price that I did, which is ridiculous.

At 7K I moved my BTC into ETH/BTC. So although I hold no actual BTC I have ETH/BTC. Haven't cashed any out yet.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:51:03 pm by belo horizonte »

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2019, 08:48:16 am »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1149472282584072192

At first I thought this was a parody account but it looks like Donald Trump has actually acknowledged Bitcoin and crypto.

It's not exactly a glowing review  :laugh:

EDIT:  Federal Reserve says Bitcoin is a "speculative store of value, like gold".

Exciting times!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:11:07 am by alexisalex »

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2019, 06:16:17 am »
Possible scenario for BTC.

A push up to around 12,500.

The third touch to the trendline will confirm the downtrend.

Which means cheap BTC this summer.

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2019, 08:16:49 am »
Yeah you've been talking about a cheap summer for BTC for quite a while; nice call if we see it!

Did you listen to Steven Mnuchin's talk?  He sounds very reasonable when talking about BTC.  It was very anti-illicit activity but speculation is ok.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2019, 08:39:17 am »
Yeah you've been talking about a cheap summer for BTC for quite a while

He's been calling for the bottom for a while. (Which hasn't materialized.)

I see BTC testing the bottom over the next few weeks, so I sold most of mine.

With so much price manipulation (wash trading, etc.), no one knows.

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2019, 09:41:30 am »
He's been calling for the bottom for a while. (Which hasn't materialized.)

You can never time financial markets, I shouldn't have put a time frame on things, my mistake. A double bottom is still on the table though and if they do that then they could drag it out all summer. Patience is key and protect yourself if you buy the dip.

With so much price manipulation (wash trading, etc.), no one knows.

There are people that know, they are called market makers. For the rest of us, it's all about playing out scenarios by analysing the probablilities. Regarding price manipulation, tether is a big issue in this market and prices are artificially inflated when billons of $ worth of tether is printed out of thin air.

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2019, 10:32:31 am »
Did you listen to Steven Mnuchin's talk?  He sounds very reasonable when talking about BTC.  It was very anti-illicit activity but speculation is ok.

It seemed like the speech was written for the non-existent Libra coin and then he mentioned all the illegal activities relating to BTC. I always find these talks amusing since the blockchain is immutable and the IRS has or is developing new tech that can track wallets which means that tax evasion, money laundering and other activities should not be an issue. Anyway the market didn't seem to react to it at all.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2019, 08:56:23 am »
lol @ that pump last night. a $1000 15 min candle? really high volume, too. local bottom for now? another push to 11-12k? what's everyone think?

i put in a small yolo x100 long at 9350. 1200% up O.o

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2019, 09:09:49 am »
Haha yeah it's mad isn't it?  The amount of money to be made if you're on the right side of a coin toss is ridiculous.

Fear and Greed index  yesterday was "19 - Extreme Fear" and practically everyone on reddit was bracing themselves for $8XXX.  It really is crazy these days.

I've been slowly making my way through the Facebook Libra senate hearing and it's fascinating.  The majority of the senate still associates crypto with drug dealers and other illegal activities but somehow the Libra project is getting it in the neck even worse lol.  Loved hearing the few pro-Bitcoin people talk though.