Read 703 times

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
Re: Question for those who don't current live in Korea
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 12:10:18 pm »
Still no clearer what an 'unqualified teacher' is. Assuming it's not someone still doing their PGCE

I honestly don't get what is so confusing. You're working as a teacher (either towards PGCE with QTS or working toward your QTS after receiving the relevant degree) but have yet to gain QTS....

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 12:31:20 pm »
You're working as a teacher (either towards PGCE with QTS or working toward your QTS after receiving the relevant degree) but have yet to gain QTS....

I get that part, what I don't get is why someone would get paid 27 grand for that, which is more than a qualified teacher, or why there's a sliding scale

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 04:18:00 pm »
It's dependent on how many years you have been teaching at schools in the UK, so if you have worked for over 4 years, still studying to get your BA, perhaps switched schools, you'd get more than someone just starting their first year.

Sorry for being a bit thick but can you work in a UK school as a teacher for 4 years without a BA?

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Veteran

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:48 pm »
I am sorry I failed to explain the BA part more thoroughly. This is down to my own unique situation where teacher's degrees and qualifications are viewed separately of ordinary BA degrees. This should clear up things:

Definition of having a BA in my posts: A Bachelor's degree in Education in a relevant field ( ie. Teacher of Maths/ Teacher of English 4 year degree.) Full induction/QTS. Having maintained full Teacher's accreditation and licensed to teach all across the European Union.
So you do need a BA degree (any) to be considered by schools, but you can teach without the mandatory BA of Education degree.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:09:01 am by HappyPlanetAbuser »
Drumpf kopf 2020!