« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2019, 01:12:32 pm »
yes! The outcry!  ;D

Drumpf kopf 2020!

Re: "When They See Us" - a must watch
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2019, 01:22:31 pm »
Lack of diversity in the universities,

How about lack of diversity in the NBA? :shocked:

lol are you seriously that dumb

75% black apparently. Should be around 12.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:25:34 pm by eggieguffer »

• bb459
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2019, 06:19:42 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2019, 01:25:58 pm »
Lack of diversity in the universities,

How about lack of diversity in the NBA? :shocked:

lol are you seriously that dumb

75% black apparently.

so white dudes should play better....lol

that's what you say about persons of color who complain about racism, wage gaps, police brutality, etc.
you say, they should "do better" "save better" "act better" etc etc etc

the NBA started out ALL WHITE
maybe white dudes should just "get better" lol foh

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2019, 01:28:38 pm »

that's what you say about persons of color who complain about racism, wage gaps, police brutality, etc.

Hey, blacks, you want Oscar rep?

BE BETTER. ACT BETTER.

The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2019, 01:29:09 pm »
Yes so black people should study harder to get into university. Like Asians.

Oh no, that's different. It's systemic  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:42:36 pm by eggieguffer »

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2019, 01:33:35 pm »

Hey, blacks, you want Oscar rep?

BE BETTER. ACT BETTER.

I think non-whites were over represented in the last one actually.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2019, 01:56:07 pm »

It would be if Caucasians were systematically excluded from the sport in the same way that non-whites are excluded from universities.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/16/harvard-accused-racism-against-asian-applicants/

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2019, 01:58:34 pm »

It would be if Caucasians were systematically excluded from the sport in the same way that non-whites are excluded from universities.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/16/harvard-accused-racism-against-asian-applicants/

I think you'll find that the Harvard discrimination against Asians wasn't in favour of white people, who incidentally are excluded from universities as well. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:00:50 pm by eggieguffer »

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2019, 02:19:18 pm »

I think you'll find that the Harvard discrimination against Asians wasn't in favour of white people, who incidentally are excluded from universities as well. 
    It sure isn't in favour of Asians!
    Admission SAT score weighing does factor race into their calculations, and while this article shows why some ethnic, gender, geographic, and income demographics  are accepted with a lower score, it doesn't offer a convincing explanation as to why others demographics (exclusively racial minorities) need a substantially higher score for admittance.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:20:36 pm by kyndo »

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »
Harvard had to discriminate against Asians to keep their levels of black and Hispanic students at the same level

In its brief, Harvard said that if it eliminated all consideration of race and other preferences, the African-American share of the class would decline to 5 percent from 14 percent and the Hispanic share would decline to 9 percent from 14 percent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/20/us/harvard-asian-american-students-discrimination.html

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2019, 02:37:01 pm »
Some horseshit affirmative action criticisms here.

A) the number of AA (by race) students in Ivy League unis is infinitesimally small compared to the non-white student populations at these unis, AA students usually make up 2-5% of Ivy League campuses.

B) AA isn’t the reason Asian students are being discriminated against in the admissions process...the biggest culprits are legacy applicants, who make up anything from 15-25% of Ivy League student numbers.

C) then we’ve got the children of...ahem...donors. Both the legitimate and illegitimate kinds (donors, not their children lol).

D) white women benefit from affirmative action. In fact, they make up the biggest group of those who have benefitted from AA, and they have had the most benefits from it.

E) “When Affirmative Action Was White” is a great book to read for those genuinely interested in the subject

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Veteran

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2019, 03:42:44 pm »
Just wondering....

How many people actually click on the links people offer in their posts?

I even have to admit I sometimes skipped kyndo's highly funny links. I shan't no more ! http://i.imgur.com/4T1ugmB.gifv
Drumpf kopf 2020!

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2019, 07:59:53 am »
*sigh*

Giuliani came into office in 1994. The crime rate had been decreasing since 1990.

Greenberg also found no causal connection between officers per capita at the precinct level and reductions in violent crime, or between an increase in misdemeanor arrests and a drop in felonies (as "broken windows" implies might happen).

Other research [PDF] conducted by Rosenfeld and Robert Fornango found that the policy of stop-and-frisks had scant impact as well. There's also the sticky issue that crime fell dramatically during this period in cities everywhere. New York wasn’t alone (although its story was admittedly dramatic).

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2013/02/was-nypd-really-responsible-new-yorks-famous-drop-crime/4616/

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:02:51 am by waygo0k »

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2019, 09:04:48 am »
So waygook. I did a deeper dive. I'm definately more skeptical now. Of course that isn't the final say.

At this point the vibe I'm getting is that one of them may have seen it go down, told his friends, and all of them are worried about ratting him out or getting the pinned on them. I think it was Santana, who seemed to say things most in line with what happened.  Maybe he split off for whatever reason and saw the attack go down. Who knows? Maybe he even saw her and checked on her or looked for stuff or something and then ran off when he realized how it might look.

I can definitely see "Hey there's an easy score...oh wait who's that dude? Oh...oh...oh no...damn...is she alright? What happened? Oh shit wtf are you doing standing by this lady this will be pined on you. Run!"

Then he tells his friends and it gets "telephoned"  and one decides he wants to look like a hardaass and runs his mouth. That would fit why people thought it might be them but it obviously wasnt.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:21 am »
What the hell are you on about?

Why do you keep on making up fantasies. Why not just stick to the case notes from the supreme court of NY??

Raymond Santana described her as being naked during the incident, and others said she was naked when they left, although she was found with her jogging bra still on and her tshirt tied around her head.

Illegally coerced statement from a minor in the absence of a parent or lawyer.

Raymond Santana finally stated that he "felt her t!ts." And Kharey Wise eventually said that he held and fondled her leg.

Illegally coerced statement from a minor in the absence of a parent or lawyer.

Two hairs were also removed from the clothing of Antron McCray, and ten from the clothing of Raymond Santana; they were not consistent with the jogger's hair.

You can be as sceptical as you want. Your scepticism isn't based on any factual or coherent mode of thinking.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:43:13 am by waygo0k »

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2019, 09:48:00 am »
Just started this series. Good stuff but seems just as much to be a political shot at Trump (deservedly). Can’t believe they re-examined the case in 2013(?) and came to the same conclusions. Disgraceful.

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:53 am »
You can be as sceptical as you want. Your scepticism isn't based on any factual or coherent mode of thinking.
Dude, you really need to calm down and look at the bigger picture of what someone is saying.

Did you not notice where I said I had changed my mind and was agreeing more with what you said?

You're more obsessed with the 1% where I don't agree with you than the 99% where I do.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:17 am »
There is no need for any theories regarding any possible interaction between the boys, the rapist and the victim...because as of now, we have enough information and evidence to demonstrably prove the rape did not involve the 5 boys in any way.

If some new information and evidence were to surface in the future to counter these established facts, I’d be more than happy to engage in the exchange of theories and counter theories...but as of now, there is only one set of established fact - one person attacked the woman, the boys were not involved, nor did they interact with the rapist or the victim on that night.

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Veteran

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2019, 02:01:04 pm »

Dude, You're more obsessed  ...

waygo0k stalking martini confirmed  ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:15:29 pm by HappyPlanetAbuser »
Drumpf kopf 2020!