Read 1475 times

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
Re: Why are dogs a thing here (pets, not food)?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2019, 01:50:54 pm »
All this to satisfy some oriental who thinks the ground horn will increase his sexual prowess. No wonder some of the game wardens shoot the poachers on sight. Pity they can't shoot the oriental too.
And that should be the end of you on this forum for a good spell.

Either that or just admit you're a racist and stay on. I don't really care.

Am I the only one reading this as: "I don't care if you're racist, as long as you admit to it."  :laugh:

confusedsaffer owned up to their mistake at least, so lets go ahead and throw the accusations out the window.

I don't see why you have to attack them for hating poachers, it's not like they're innocent people. Whoever's involved is scum, especially knowing that some of these animals are endangered. Be it Asians, Americans, or Africans themselves. Can we all agree on that at least?

A voice of reason. Yes, all poachers should be shot on sight and the scum that aid and abet them.

DM really hates me because in the past I have said some things about his precious Korea (truths) that got up his nose so he will seek out any excuse to insult me. I don't give a flying fig because he is ignorant about what he is saying most of the time. Whatever floats his boat.
There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2019, 01:53:15 pm »
So, I will just say, I wish they could shoot the people buying the rhino horn powder too.

So why didn't you just say that in the first place?

I mean, lets change things around here-

"All this to satisfy some Negro who wants some war trophy. No wonder some of the game wardens shoot the poachers on sight. Pity they can't shoot the Negro too."

DM, you have a fat lot to say about my country and me and in both cases you are completely ignorant.

My country has many faults, too many, but to start labelling me as a beneficiary when you have no clue where I come from, my background etc is crazy.
You're the one who insinuated I came from wealth and entitlement.

And as for your background, your use of "Oriental" means you probably aren't coloured. If you were black you'd probably have some awareness that not everything in your country has been hunky-dory and considering people have said you are in your 60s and still getting teaching jobs in Asia and you have never ranted about treatment for being black, yeah, gonna have to go out on a limb here and guess...white?

Which I don't care about until you start trashing other countries and peoples. I've gotten along REALLY well with virtually every Saffer I've met and I really enjoy the aspects of their culture I've been introduced to. But if you're going to get on your high horse and trash other cultures/countries while talking about how great yours is and some special love for animals you have because you're from there, well sorry, I'm going to fire back. If you're going to dish it out, don't whine because you can't take it.

I don't look down on anyone
Says the dude who refers to people as "some Oriental"

and in fact I am married to an Asian so why would I be racist to Asians
I don't know, but those words you wrote. Sorry, but they speak for themselves. Lets just say while they may not qualify as full-blown racist, they weren't alright either. It wasn't so much the Oriental as attaching "some" and "the". There was some kind of feeling in that statement.

for the love of dog...

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2019, 01:57:33 pm »
Am I the only one reading this as: "I don't care if you're racist, as long as you admit to it."  :laugh:
Pretty much, yeah. If you're out in the open, I can respect that. I know where you stand and you won't be a hypocrite pretending to be tolerant. 

don't see why you have to attack them for hating poachers, it's not like they're innocent people.

Here's what he wrote-
"What about the morons that poach rhino in Southern Africa, shoot them, more often than not wound them and then use a chainsaw to saw off their horn while its still alive and then leave it to die.

All this to satisfy some oriental who thinks the ground horn will increase his sexual prowess. No wonder some of the game wardens shoot the poachers on sight. Pity they can't shoot the oriental too."

confsuedsaffer has mentioned there's people of all colors and backgrounds involved in this. The only group he calls out are the Orientals. Like I said, he could have just said "some person" and "Pity they can't shoot those scumbags".

And "some Oriental" and "the Oriental" like, does he even care that the actual purchaser is getting shot or is he fine just as long as some random Oriental gets shot as an example?

Like he went for "How close can I be to being racist without being racist?" when he wrote that.

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2019, 02:01:38 pm »
for the love of dog...

On Thursday, Donald Trump spoke
"WHAT ABOUT the morons (sniff) that poach rhino in Southern Africa (sniff) Shoot Them. More often than not wound them. (sniff) AND THEN USE A CHAINSAW to saw off their horn while its still alive and then LEAVE IT to die.

ALL THIS to satisfy some oriental who thinks the ground horn WILL INCREASE his sexual prowess. (sniff) No wonder some of the game wardens shoot the poachers on sight! Pity they can't shoot the oriental too."

Yeah, how do you think that would go down? Do you think you'd say "let it go?"

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 02:12:10 pm »
DM really hates me because in the past I have said some things about his precious Korea (truths) that got up his nose so he will seek out any excuse to insult me.
I think your latest comments have pretty much shown who you've been this whole time. It wasn't truths you were saying. Some things had elements of truth. Many things you said have been true and I haven't responded. In most cases it wasn't that what you said wasn't true, it's that you didn't understand the context or applied an unequal or overly harsh standard or had failed to consider alternatives. And in a few cases (i.e. your Gangnam rants) it was either untruthful or so exaggerated as to be ridiculous.

It's not that you've said negative things, it's that frequently your negative take is poorly thought out, lacks imagination, fails to consider alternatives, speaks in blunt absolutes, speaks from a position of assumed superiority, unequally applies standard, and can be unfairly critical. I have no problem with negative posts, but it better not be a shite negative post.

Like I said, for someone who loves to dish it out, you sure have trouble taking it.

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2019, 02:15:48 pm »
the one who usually accuses others of overreacting and exploding is doing just that.  give it up for your sanity.  watch some Henry.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2019, 02:20:13 pm »
the one who usually accuses others of overreacting and exploding is doing just that.  give it up for your sanity.  watch some Henry.

The joys of fauxtherhood

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2019, 02:36:28 pm »
Pretty much, yeah. If you're out in the open, I can respect that. I know where you stand and you won't be a hypocrite pretending to be tolerant. 

DM, you literally just admitted to being ok with racism to a certain extent. All of your accusations are kinda meaningless now. I think it's time to stop, dude.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2019, 02:58:57 pm »
DM, you literally just admitted to being ok with racism to a certain extent. All of your accusations are kinda meaningless now. I think it's time to stop, dude.
Not okay, just at least be someone who is up front about it is being honest. If he thinks Orientals are a bunch of rinky-dinky Chinamen who care all about Rhino Horn dick powder and need to be put in their place, then fine. Come out and say it. But don't pretend to be some beacon of tolerance and then say crap like he said.

Dude was pretty out of line.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:54:09 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2019, 12:58:46 pm »
Little dogs are good for apartments.  Small size.  Dogs more loyal than cats.  Cats were viewed as dirty outdoor animals.  Older people hate them.  They are becoming a thing with younger Koreans.  Teen girls and some women in their 20's.  But dogs are still traditional;.