Re: NBA Finals
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 12:06:41 pm »
They aren't cry babies and racists like
Sixers and Celtics fans.

damn, im racist? sheeeeit. no one told me before

more than likely, yes.
depends tho.
Boston is a little worse than Philly.

Over the last 25 years there are dozens and dozens of reports from MLB, NBA and NFL players
being called racial slurs constantly and consistently in Boston at all their teams' venues.
Former players from those cities have also spoken out about it.

That being said, I like Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Al Horford and Terry Rozier.
Kyrie needs to go tho haha

lol. this poster has got to be a troll.

When yall go out of your way to make the craziest stretches and reaches ever to defend Trump's policies or deny racism..
I don't call you trolls. I just figure that's how you are in your life. You've chosen that side of history.

So when I make my posts on the other side of history (the side of equality and justice), I am certainly not trolling.
Played and watched sports closely my whole life. Did a bit of college commentary in the Big East.
It takes less than 10 minutes to look up the constant nasty racist fan stories from the Boston sports franchises.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 12:14:03 pm »
Sixers and Celtics fans.

more than likely, yes.
depends tho.

Over the last 25 years there are dozens and dozens of reports from MLB, NBA and NFL players
being called racial slurs constantly and consistently in Boston at all their teams' venues.

That being said, I like Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Al Horford and Terry Rozier.

not at all
look it up

plenty of player interviews, testimonies and reports of Boston/Foxboro area fans being the most racist in professional sports.
literally takes 5 minutes to research
Sure, we've all heard the stories and know the reputation. But you are claiming that every Boston sports fan is racist, which in itself is ridiculous. Then also say tylergoob must also be racist.

Kpip! - Martin 2018

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 12:19:30 pm »
Sixers and Celtics fans.

more than likely, yes.
depends tho.

When yall go out of your way to make the craziest stretches and reaches ever to defend Trump's policies or deny racism..
I don't call you trolls. I just figure that's how you are in your life. You've chosen that side of history.

So when I make my posts on the other side of history (the side of equality and justice), I am certainly not trolling.
Played and watched sports closely my whole life. Did a bit of college commentary in the Big East.
It takes less than 10 minutes to look up the constant nasty racist fan stories from the Boston sports franchises.

I agree...I have been to Boston and Philly numerous times and I had an earful of "honkey", "cracker", "white-boy"....attitude from all around....just walking down the street or going to the store. 

..definitely some racists pricks there.

• bb459
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2019, 06:19:42 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2019, 12:27:06 pm »
Sixers and Celtics fans.

more than likely, yes.
depends tho.

I agree...I have been to Boston and Philly numerous times and I had an earful of "honkey", "cracker", "white-boy"....attitude from all around....just walking down the street or going to the store. 

..definitely some racists pricks there.

"honkey" and "cracker" are not racist.
Not even close.
"Cracker" comes from the person who "cracked the whip" during slavery.
So even in that weak example you pathetically offered, the white person is still the oppressor
in that context.

The oppressed cannot be racist. They can be prejudice or make bad assumptions.
But to be racist you have to have the power to oppress the group you hate.

Boston is majority white.
Try again

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 12:30:28 pm »

So they're still complete pieces of shit then, got it.

Who gives a shit what word it is? Do you think you're actually making a good argument?

Oh, haha, they're not racist, they're only prejudiced, cut them some slack.

:shocked: "I didn't rape him, relax. I only sexually assaulted him, jeez, calm down. "
The joys of fauxtherhood

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 12:38:53 pm »
"honkey" and "cracker" are not racist.
Not even close.
"Cracker" comes from the person who "cracked the whip" during slavery.
So even in that weak example you pathetically offered, the white person is still the oppressor
in that context.

Boston is majority white.
Try again

No, you need to try again, or better yet, go kick rocks....you are suggesting that ONLY white people are racists/prejudice...however you wish to spin it. 

Anyway, this is supposed to be about the NBA finals....not this bullshit.

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 12:50:34 pm »

more than likely, yes.
depends tho.

wow i thought this was a joke when you posted it. for the record, i'm not racist. neither are most boston fans. are some of them racist? yes. those are the people shouting racial slurs. this is some broken ass critical thinking: "players have been called racial slurs, therefore most of the city's fans are racist. so, you are also probably a racist."  even if the majority of boston sports fans are racist, you can't justifiably make an assertion about a random individual.

you're making posts on the stupid side of history in this thread. i've never defended trump nor have i denied the existence of racism. all of that is irrelevant...

go celtics ;) (or at least gsw...)

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »
Well.........getting back on track and leaving the never ending cycle of who's a racist.....how 'bout them Raptors?

I watched the game and my memory may be faulty but I think the Warriors held the lead once and that was at the beginning of the game when they sunk a 3 pointer to go up 5-4.

The Raptors pretty much had a 7-10 point lead for most of the game.

Can they take game 4? If the Warriors don't get some injured bodies back it looks like they may take games 4 and 5.

• grey
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 08, 2011, 04:47:11 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »
If Klay and Durant come back at 90%+ the Warriors should still be the favourites. A bunch of the Raptors’ starters are nursing injuries.

But if there is one thing I know about the Warriors is how many of their fans will jump off the bandwagon. Then to add insult to injury Durant goes to the Knicks and Klay takes his talents to the Lakers.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2019, 11:01:40 am »
Sixers and Celtics fans.

more than likely, yes.
depends tho.

not at all
look it up

plenty of player interviews, testimonies and reports of Boston/Foxboro area fans being the most racist in professional sports.
literally takes 5 minutes to research
Agreed that it's common knowledge.  It's better these days but it's still there.

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2019, 02:20:38 pm »
Daaaaannnnnng.....How 'bout them Raptors, man! Could the James Naismith Trophy be heading home? Yeah...home!

One thing no one has talked about yet eh. A Canadian invented the game of basketball. I'm surprised, nay shocked, that this has not been brought up.

Raptors win it all at home? That would be some kind of sweet.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2019, 06:17:38 am »
Daaaaannnnnng.....How 'bout them Raptors, man! Could the James Naismith Trophy be heading home? Yeah...home!

One thing no one has talked about yet eh. A Canadian invented the game of basketball. I'm surprised, nay shocked, that this has not been brought up.

Raptors win it all at home? That would be some kind of sweet.
They talked about James Naismith before one of the games in Toronto.

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2019, 09:45:43 am »
If the situation were the opposite I can easily imagine that the Yanks wouldn't shut up about it.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2019, 09:14:32 pm »
If the situation were the opposite I can easily imagine that the Yanks wouldn't shut up about it.
Can you give me some examples, say from baseball? 

Steve Nash is often referred to as being from Canada. Besides, Naismith did invent basketball while living and working in the US.

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 08:00:53 am »
LIC: One thing no one has talked about yet eh. A Canadian invented the game of basketball. I'm surprised, nay shocked, that this has not been brought up.

Not only surprised, but shocked?  I don't see how it would be remotely relevant.  Yes, a Canadian while living and working in a Massachusetts YMCA invented basketball.  What does it have to do with the NBA Finals?  Again, he didn't invent it in Canada so it's not like the non-Canadian players are bringing it home. 

I'm born and raised in Toronto and am enjoying this from afar.  Been to several Raptors games including the first ever home opener against New Jersey way back.  After the game I ended up sharing a cab with a friend who worked for the Raptors and an injured BJ Tyler on our way to the now defunct legendary booze can, The Matador.  Point is, I'm gunning for Toronto, but I really don't see the relevance of who invented basketball, it's really just something that would be noted as a sidebar factoid. 

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2019, 10:53:25 am »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if this is what we're in store for, Go Warriors!

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2019, 11:46:46 am »
What a tight finish.  Toronto still has two chances, but the fans cheering for Durant re-injuring his calf?  Classy touch. 

• elsbethm
  • Veteran

• September 29, 2016, 09:26:54 pm
    • gangwondo
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:40 am »
And the Raptors have won!!!!

Which is good news because now I can go back to not caring about basketball.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Seoul
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:43 pm »
Congratulations to Toronto...they deserved it.  And, a warm clap for the Warriors...they lost two key stars and still fought to the very end. 

Crap...now I"m just stuck with baseball until September.....ugghghh.

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 11:57:29 am »
The Raptors winning is such a big deal on several levels. As we know the game was invented by a Canadian and the first NBA game ever played was played in Toronto. The first team outside of the USA to win, and the Raptors are Canada's team. They represented a country not a city.

And they beat the dynasty! Winning all 3 games in Oracle Arena. In fact, it's pretty obvious the Raptors simply stomped the Warriors. They dominated every aspect of the series completely. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Well done. The Bruins blew it but the Raptors have salved my aching sports conscience.