is adel the LI of the left?
No statistics, no red font, No.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #1581 on: July 31, 2020, 08:42:02 pm »
With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???  -Donald J Trump

What a loser.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #1582 on: July 31, 2020, 09:15:37 pm »
Herman Cain for President!

« Reply #1583 on: July 31, 2020, 09:23:25 pm »
Herman Cain for President!

He’d be better than the extant one.

“A [once] Powerful Voice of Freedom and all that is good.”

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #1584 on: July 31, 2020, 10:05:30 pm »
He’d be better than the extant one.

“A [once] Powerful Voice of Freedom and all that is good.”

I'm a bit embarrassed to tell this story, but the way I define a real man is someone willing to be self-effacing in order to bore people on the internet.  As long as they have the 4 1/4 inch Leatherman tool.

So, January or February 2016, I was sitting in a pizzaria in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and across from me were three young Americans who began discussing the Trump candidacy.  It seemed, to them, odd.  So I gradually joined their conversation, eventually giving them my sage perspective . 

I told them that I thought Trump's campaign would fizzle out, since he was really only in it for publicity. (I still think that's true, BTW--no one was more stunned than him to have actually got the Electoral College win.)

Anyway, I proceeded to compare Trump to Herman Cain, who ran a 2012 campaign for personal aggrandizement, and Trump would fade away just like Cain had.  They thought, correctly, that I was very wise, and pandered thereafter for any pearl that dropped from my lips. 

Bet they're in despair now.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #1585 on: August 01, 2020, 01:53:16 am »
In late January, with the pandemic moving through China and into Europe, Philips approached Trump administration officials to ask whether it should accelerate ventilator production under an existing contract, the report says.

But it wasn't until April 7, after demand for the devices had peaked and already started to ebb, that the Department of Health and Human Services signed a new contract with Philips to purchase 43,000 ventilators at $15,000 apiece. The administration never tried to negotiate that price, based on the documentation. By comparison, a purchaser in Missouri paid $9,327 for a single unit on April 30.

According to ProPublica, the contract the Obama administration negotiated with Philips in 2014 was for 10,000 similar ventilators at $3,280 apiece. After development was delayed, Obama officials gave Philips an extension until November 2019, which would have been in time to address the pandemic. The Trump administration never tried to build on that contract and continued to grant the company several extensions in negotiating a new one, the report found.

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro, who recently criticized the nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as having "been wrong about everything," negotiated the new contract at almost five times the price the Obama administration paid. The devices Navarro purchased were "functionally identical" to the previous ones, according to Food and Drug Administration approvals in the report.

While Navarro served as chief negotiator, the deal was formalized by Adam Boehler, CEO of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation, who is a former college roommate of Jared Kushner, Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law. Christopher Abbott, an aide to Navarro who graduated from college just last year, oversaw a majority of the communications between Philips and the White House.

A March 25 email from Philips Vice President Nick Padula to Abbott recommended that the administration purchase a model with "more clinician-friendly screens" than those purchased by the Obama administration.

Had Trump officials asked how the screen was different, the report said, they would have discovered that the screens "are identical to the screens on the less expensive" models, the report says.

What a deal (for Philips)!

Incompetent, corrupt or both?  It's a fine line with trump's staff--"the best people."

« Reply #1586 on: August 01, 2020, 09:41:52 am »
Adel's Video
The degree to which this video distorts things is ridiculous.

Mexico IS paying for the wall by significantly increasing their commitment to border security on both their northern and southern border. Kids in cages was started under Obama. For starters, yes, there literally have been rioters burning stuff and NOT peacefully protesting. Second, they repeat the "Fine People" hoax.

He wasn't impeached over Russia.....

The Russia Taliban story is incredibly flimsy and there's little evidence of action.

It also completely distorts Trump's comments about the virus. And then uses incredibly flimsy logic with data- deaths, testing, etc.

And at the end- "Trump's tax cuts failed to cause hiring because millions of Americans are now unemployed. Because of COVID."

The number of outright lies and logical fallacies in this video are staggering. If you're going to attack Trump for being untruthful, don't pull the same shit. Like, you can make an actual video full of Trump F-ups that actually have merit.

Still, they got Stephen Root, so can't hate the video too much. But I imagine even non-fans of Trump will watch that and go "Uh...."

Again, this is more appropriate-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eq0X4qDlR0
"I'm not defending him, you guys are just misrepresenting him" is the crux of it. Some posters here are able to go after Trump without doing so. Many are not.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:48:05 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #1587 on: August 01, 2020, 10:12:55 am »
Marty's debate skills: points out "lies" and "logical fallacies" and then counters with his own lies and logical fallacies.

I see where you want to go with "kids in cages" but it didn't happen under Obama as they never had a family separation policy.

You sure are entertaining, Marty. I envision you as Kayleigh McEnany with a binder full of "evidence" to refute Trump's lies.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #1588 on: August 01, 2020, 10:52:09 am »
Marty's debate skills: points out "lies" and "logical fallacies" and then counters with his own lies and logical fallacies.

I see where you want to go with "kids in cages" but it didn't happen under Obama as they never had a family separation policy.

You sure are entertaining, Marty. I envision you as Kayleigh McEnany with a binder full of "evidence" to refute Trump's lies.

Also Mexico is "paying for" the wall in the same sense you are "paying for" my car insurance by not getting in a wreck.  So, thank you.
-Mr.DeMartino

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #1589 on: August 01, 2020, 12:06:23 pm »
The degree to which this video distorts things is ridiculous.
That might be because, unlike your claims, these videos were orchestrated by a group of conservative Republicans  ;D.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #1590 on: August 01, 2020, 07:02:39 pm »
Who's the sleepy one?

-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #1591 on: August 03, 2020, 08:28:22 am »
"I'm not defending him, you guys are just misrepresenting him" is the crux of it. Some posters here are able to go after Trump without doing so. Many are not.

Dr Fauci:

"The point that I think is important, because we all want to keep an open mind: Any and all of the randomized placebo-controlled trials – which is the gold standard of determining if something is effective – none of them had shown any efficacy for hydroxychloroquine,"

"I stand by my previous statement that the increase in cases was due to a number of factors, one of which was that in the attempt to reopen, that in some situations, states did not abide strictly by the guidelines that the task force and the White House had put out and others that even did abide by it, the people in the state actually were congregating in crowds and not wearing masks,"

"If you look at what happened in Europe, when they shut down or locked down or went to shelter in place — however you want to describe it — they really did it to the tune of about 95% plus of the country did that,"

"when you actually look at what we did, even though we shut down, even though it created a great deal of difficulty, we really functionally shut down only about 50% in the sense of the totality of the country,"

trump:

“Wrong!”

“We have more cases because we have tested far more than any other country, 60,000,000. If we tested less, there would be less cases. How did Italy, France & Spain do? Now Europe sadly has flare ups. Most of our governors worked hard & smart. We will come back STRONG!”

Oh, who to believe.... it's hard to misrepresent someone by quoting them directly. 

« Reply #1592 on: August 03, 2020, 10:16:23 am »
Dr Fauci:
"The point that I think is important, because we all want to keep an open mind: Any and all of the randomized placebo-controlled trials – which is the gold standard of determining if something is effective – none of them had shown any efficacy for hydroxychloroquine,"
Man, you really don't know how to parse statements and realize what is and isn't there do you?

You do realize that 1) We have so few trials to work with because it's still early 2) the treatment is hydroxychloroquine+zinc+azithromyzcin 3) It's purported efficacy is primarily as a prophylactic measure and in the early stages of the disease, not as a late cure, which is what the studies that concluded it wasn't effective tested.

Fauci is using legal-speak to cloud the issue. Yes, he's technically correct, but he's being misleading.

If hydroxychloroquine is NOT effective, then can you explain its continued use in countries around the world, including Spain, France, Italy, and Germany?

"If you look at what happened in Europe, when they shut down or locked down or went to shelter in place — however you want to describe it — they really did it to the tune of about 95% plus of the country did that,"

Ronnie/anyone else- If I can prove that Fauci is lying in this statement, will you agree to retract your claims about him and acknowledge that he is not some "straight shooter"?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:24:55 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #1593 on: August 03, 2020, 10:17:52 am »

« Reply #1594 on: August 03, 2020, 11:09:57 am »
If hydroxychloroquine is NOT effective, then can you explain its continued use in countries around the world, including Spain, France, Italy, and Germany?

Yes, he's technically correct, but he's being misleading.

Thanks for answering your own question.  I will listen to a public health official who has been working for the US for four decades, over you and over trump.  Okay?

Ronnie/anyone else- If I can prove that Fauci is lying in this statement, will you agree to retract your claims about him and acknowledge that he is not some "straight shooter"?

Again, a four decade public health official.  I know it pains you to admit that trump messed and continues to mess up, but that how it is.  If he'd been strong and consistent with his messaging from the start, the US would not have been in the situation it is now.  Done.  And as for your, 'don't make me defend trump' nonsense, then don't.  The more you do, the worse you look. 

And as for jim jordan?  dumb as a bag of hammers.  that line of questioning was a waste of anybody's five minutes. 

« Reply #1595 on: August 03, 2020, 11:31:01 am »
Thanks for answering your own question.  I will listen to a public health official who has been working for the US for four decades, over you and over trump.  Okay?
Notice how you don't address any of the issues as to how his statement is misleading, you just revert to an argument from authority fallacy?

Again, a four decade public health official.  I know it pains you to admit that trump messed and continues to mess up, but that how it is.  If he'd been strong and consistent with his messaging from the start, the US would not have been in the situation it is now.  Done.  And as for your, 'don't make me defend trump' nonsense, then don't.  The more you do, the worse you look.
Ronnie, pointing out fallacies and inaccuracies is NOT defending Trump anymore than "Mao killed 800 million Chinese!!!" "Uh, no he didn't" is defending Mao. It's not a "defense" to point out facts or flawed assumptions.

Now, as for Fauci's claim of "If you look at what happened in Europe, when they shut down or locked down or went to shelter in place — however you want to describe it — they really did it to the tune of about 95% plus of the country did that,"

Sweden did that?
https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/28/sweden-s-coronavirus-spread-slows-but-immunity-still-a-puzzle

And the data doesn't support Dr. Fauci at all. WOMP WOMP. Who to believe?
https://theconversation.com/mobile-data-shows-which-european-countries-took-lockdown-seriously-138758

I assume you're no longer going to be giving Fauci carte blanche?

« Reply #1596 on: August 03, 2020, 11:33:42 am »
Also Mexico is "paying for" the wall in the same sense you are "paying for" my car insurance by not getting in a wreck.  So, thank you.
Mexico substantially strengthed its border security on both its northern and southern borders in response to pressure from Trump, thereby significantly reducing the flow of people.

"The Wall" is not just the physical wall itself, but all of the people and security related to border control. Mexico beefed up that security in response to Trump. The Mexican government is paying for it.  What difference does it make if it's paying for it with troops and police being deployed vs. steel barriers?

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #1597 on: August 03, 2020, 11:51:51 am »
Mexico substantially strengthed its border security on both its northern and southern borders in response to pressure from Trump, thereby significantly reducing the flow of people.

"The Wall" is not just the physical wall itself, but all of the people and security related to border control. Mexico beefed up that security in response to Trump. The Mexican government is paying for it.  What difference does it make if it's paying for it with troops and police being deployed vs. steel barriers?

Ask Donald Trump that.  Could you have any more to make my point for me?
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #1598 on: August 03, 2020, 12:10:11 pm »
Ronnie, pointing out fallacies and inaccuracies is NOT defending Trump anymore than "Mao killed 800 million Chinese!!!" "Uh, no he didn't" is defending Mao. It's not a "defense" to point out facts or flawed assumptions.

No, terrible comparison, and here we are again.  I say that trump doesn't do anything that benefits anyone or promotes anyone, other than himself.  His lying, deflecting, blaming, bullying and narcissism mean, to me, that he is not fit to be president.  Period.  You somehow seem to think that such personality traits mean he is able to carry out his presidential duties without these awful personality traits affecting his job and being able to make decisions that benefit the people of the USA.  You defending him and then whining about us making you defend him is laughable. 

Now, as for Fauci's claim of "If you look at what happened in Europe, when they shut down or locked down or went to shelter in place — however you want to describe it — they really did it to the tune of about 95% plus of the country did that,"

Sweden did that?
https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/28/sweden-s-coronavirus-spread-slows-but-immunity-still-a-puzzle

This is one of the most stupid nit-pickings you've ever done.  And that's saying something.

You: 'Have you been to Europe?'
Alan: 'Yes, I have'
You: 'What every single country?'
Alan: 'No'
You: 'Aha!  Caught you out there!'
Alan:  'Idiot!'

In the same way that Fauci would not be including Sweden in that 'Europe' bracket.

« Reply #1599 on: August 03, 2020, 12:30:23 pm »
This is one of the most stupid nit-pickings you've ever done.  And that's saying something.

You: 'Have you been to Europe?'
Alan: 'Yes, I have'
You: 'What every single country?'
Alan: 'No'
You: 'Aha!  Caught you out there!'
Alan:  'Idiot!'

In the same way that Fauci would not be including Sweden in that 'Europe' bracket.
Did you even look at the data in the second link? It completely contradicts Fauci's 95% lockdown claim. And it's not just Sweden.

In Spain, Italy and France, time spent at home rose early in the pandemic by 30-35%. Even the most outdoorsy people must have stayed home for at least 10-12 hours before the lockdown, so this means at least three-to-five extra hours were spent at home per person – for most even more. This reflects these countries’ strict lockdowns: they banned all events, limited outdoor exercise, and in France’s case, required documentation to go outside.

Germany and Denmark were more relaxed; the rise in staying home was about 15%, reflecting their partial lockdowns. Sweden’s increase was even lower at 8-10%.

The UK was somewhere in between, reacting late but then strongly, with a rise of about 20-25%. The delay reflects its lockdown beginning later – on March 23 – though it is interesting that some people were already staying home before its lockdown began.