Read 53942 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2020, 11:01:35 pm »
On the home front:

"Farm debt is at record-high levels as the trade war continues. Chapter 12 farm bankruptcies increased by 24% from 2018 to 2019, and is at its highest level since 2011. The American Farm Bureau is projecting that farm debt will have reached $416 billion for 2019.

Although soybean farmers have arguably been hit hardest by the trade war, other parts of agriculture have also taken heavy blows. Dairy farmers, particularly in Wisconsin, are on the brink of an existential crisis, while wheat farmers have been losing their Chinese customers to countries like Russia.

So as 2020 hits full swing, American farmers are increasingly reliant on a government bailout while business deteriorates further amid the ongoing trade war.

"If the government doesn't pay us, we're done," North Dakota farmer Justin Sherlock recently told Reuters."

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2020, 08:18:39 am »
I love how Republicans are constantly banging on about how Democrats can't agree on a suitable candidate (How many of you were making similar critiques of Republicans during their primary season in 2015-16?) and that the eventual one will be unelectable. I guess the latter implies that they'll be too radical and will alienate moderate swing state voters.

Hmm, so the Republican Party lived through it, but they cannot bring up history.  You yourself said it happened to the Republican Party and who got elected? (hint: wasn't Romney).  The qualifications are there...

The Democrats need to win the votes of people who stayed home in 2016 and the Obama voters who switched to Trump. That's pretty much it. Both sides have got the rest wrapped up. Obviously we have to speak in generalizations, but the main reasons offered by people in the first two categories are a lack of enthusiasm for either Clinton or Trump, and a desire for an outsider candidate to change Washington insider politics, particularly the perception that the system is run by an unaccountable elite on behalf of an unaccountable elite. So the Democrats need someone who promises a new kind of politics, energizes historically low-turnout groups and runs on a platform of holding power to account. I'm completely failing to see how Joe Biden fits that criteria.

« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2020, 11:55:38 am »
Steve Schmidt - Republican Strategist.  Take a bow!!  His summation of disgraceful sycophant Lindsey Graham is brilliant. 

“People try to analyze Lindsey through the prism of the manifest inconsistencies that exist between things that he used to believe and what he’s doing now.  The way to understand him is to look at what’s consistent. And essentially what he is in American politics is what, in the aquatic world, would be a pilot fish: a smaller fish that hovers about a larger predator, like a shark, living off of its detritus. That’s Lindsey. And when he swam around the McCain shark, broadly viewed as a virtuous and good shark, Lindsey took on the patina of virtue. But wherever the apex shark is, you find the Lindsey fish hovering about, and Trump’s the newest shark in the sea. Lindsey has a real draw to power — but he’s found it unattainable on his own merits.”

:laugh:

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2020, 09:12:59 pm »
Ouch!

"President Trump made over 100 claims about China and tariffs in 2019, stating that Beijing was paying “tremendous amounts of tariffs.” However, new research from the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) found the opposite.

“U.S. tariffs continue to be almost entirely borne by U.S. firms and consumers,” the NBER working paper stated. “Similarly, we also find that the substantial redirection of trade in response to the 2018 tariffs has accelerated.”

The Trump administration has placed tariffs on $550 billion worth of imports from China, and China has slapped $185 billion worth of imports from the U.S. since the trade war between the two countries began in March 2018.

On August 3, 2019, Trump claimed that “our consumer is paying nothing” in regard to the tariffs, but NBER stated that “approximately 100% of these import taxes have been passed on to U.S. importers and consumers.”

American consumers and businesses paid at least $42 billion for the tariffs as of October 2019, according to an analysis from Tariffs Hurt the Heartland (THH). In October 2019, the trade war cost an additional $7.2 billion through tariffs, an $1 billion increase from October 2018. "

« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2020, 06:59:39 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the US retweeting stuff like this...

The administration's narrative changes hourly for why they killed Soleimani.  Four embassies?  No.  Imminent?  No. 

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2020, 06:56:12 pm »

The administration's narrative changes hourly for why they killed Soleimani.  Four embassies?  No.  Imminent?  No. 

Not sure what you are on about.  He's labeled a terrorist by the US, Trump doesn't decide that.  That's always been the narrative.  Why wouldn't the reports change as they gather more information and have different briefings?  Information is fluid, not static.  I really don't get you sometimes.....

When Obama did something legitimately messed up I criticized it, but I also wasn't petty enough to turn everything into a war against him like playing golf, calling navy corpsman 'corpseman' and other things.  That's just petty drama and unnecessary and also causes anyone outside your circle of believers to dismiss any future comments.  So keep it up and you might as well just post these things on FB instead where all your friends can get a chuckle....it's doing nothing here.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2020, 12:52:57 am »
Pitiful to see dishonest don standing with the color guard before the national championship game. He never served and paid so  he wouldn't have to.  No reason for a coward to be on that or any field.

« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2020, 07:26:51 am »

Not sure what you are on about.  He's labeled a terrorist by the US, Trump doesn't decide that.  That's always been the narrative.  Why wouldn't the reports change as they gather more information and have different briefings?  Information is fluid, not static.  I really don't get you sometimes.....

When Obama did something legitimately messed up I criticized it, but I also wasn't petty enough to turn everything into a war against him like playing golf, calling navy corpsman 'corpseman' and other things.  That's just petty drama and unnecessary and also causes anyone outside your circle of believers to dismiss any future comments.  So keep it up and you might as well just post these things on FB instead where all your friends can get a chuckle....it's doing nothing here.

Not sure how this relates to my posting the retweet by trump of Pelosi and Schumer in Muslim dress, which is way more serious and divisive than the simple 'petty' stuff you talk about.  I couldn't care less how much trump plays golf, US taxpayers paid for him to play golf for 1 out of 5 days in 2019 at his own courses and Mnuchin won't release how much those trips cost until after the election, but that's a different thing.  Everything around trump is rotten, corrupt and full of lies and coverups, the golfing thing is just one small part of it.

As for the Soleimani thing, yes he was a terrorist, yes he was a bad person, but there is protocol for doing hits like this, and no amount of trump telling his rabid fans that 'it'd take too long to get Congress to agree' will take away from the fact that he took the decision himself and everyone else has to suffer the consequences.  He doesn't want the advice of experienced people around him, he is ignorant of history and facts, he doesn't care what the repercussions are of his actions as he's never had face the consequences his whole life.  He's still crying about being impeached and the fact that he's entering an election year, but he and his crooked ways have already been found out with the Ukraine enquiry as he can't do anything legally.   He asked Russia for help to win, and he asked Ukraine to help him get reelected.  He is lashing out in the way only he can do.  He even said that Obama would start a war with Iran to get reelected.  So what did he do then?  Which brings me back to the retweet, Islamophobia is a big problem in the US, using images like that with people that trump hates only enforces Islam in a negative light and making his rabid supporters hate Pelosi and Schumer more, but also associating it with Islam.  If you think that is 'petty' then I don't really know what to say. 

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2020, 12:40:18 pm »

Not sure how this relates to my posting the retweet by trump of Pelosi and Schumer in Muslim dress, which is way more serious and divisive than the simple 'petty' stuff you talk about.  I couldn't care less how much trump plays golf, US taxpayers paid for him to play golf for 1 out of 5 days in 2019 at his own courses and Mnuchin won't release how much those trips cost until after the election, but that's a different thing.  Everything around trump is rotten, corrupt and full of lies and coverups, the golfing thing is just one small part of it.

As for the Soleimani thing, yes he was a terrorist, yes he was a bad person, but there is protocol for doing hits like this, and no amount of trump telling his rabid fans that 'it'd take too long to get Congress to agree' will take away from the fact that he took the decision himself and everyone else has to suffer the consequences.  He doesn't want the advice of experienced people around him, he is ignorant of history and facts, he doesn't care what the repercussions are of his actions as he's never had face the consequences his whole life.  He's still crying about being impeached and the fact that he's entering an election year, but he and his crooked ways have already been found out with the Ukraine enquiry as he can't do anything legally.   He asked Russia for help to win, and he asked Ukraine to help him get reelected.  He is lashing out in the way only he can do.  He even said that Obama would start a war with Iran to get reelected.  So what did he do then?  Which brings me back to the retweet, Islamophobia is a big problem in the US, using images like that with people that trump hates only enforces Islam in a negative light and making his rabid supporters hate Pelosi and Schumer more, but also associating it with Islam.  If you think that is 'petty' then I don't really know what to say. 

Sounds to me like you don't even know what the protocol is because he absolutely doesn't need to tell Congress, lol.  Of course the actual rules are very ambiguous and up for interpretation so the average "I don't like you" could spin it however they want.  In reality, the whole thing played out exactly how the actual experts in Trumps inner circle said it would.  Maybe even better honestly. 

You ask the average American if killing Osama Bin Laden would result in a missile strike with no casualties as repercussions 10 out of 10 would accept that.  Bonus is that Iran made a devastating mistake showing how truly fearful and incompetent they really are.  Now they've got their own people openly criticizing the government and being shot for it and their rulers are showing their true colors.  I don't think it could have gone any better.  Of course that may seem callous.  It's shameful that an itchy trigger finger resulted in the deaths of 176 innocent people, but that's all on Iran as it was clear US was making no movement to retaliate.  They let Iran have their response and secured their own people's safety.

I realize your not American, but I'm hard pressed to see any American that wouldn't call this a win.  A terrorist who has been responsible for American deaths has been eradicated, it did not result in war, Iran and it's brutality is on center stage and no Americans lost their lives in the campaign.  You can accept all that as a victory and still dislike Trump.  You do realize that right?  Pelosi and Schumer are NOT doing that, and that's why they are rightfully being chastised for it.  Even many liberals are coming forward and saying that this is the time to take a united stand on a mission like this, and go back to the other nonsense when it's done.  Not complain you didn't get notified.  It's absurd.

As far as retweeting something.  I said time and again it's not presidential and Trump shouldn't even be on Twitter at all.  I don't even use Twitter, but if I understand correctly it's just sharing something someone else said.  Guessing close to 50% of Americans feel that way about them, and nobody has any problem mouthing off about whatever they want about Trump.  Unless you want him to be Jesus like and turn the other cheek, he's entitled to it.  Again, I don't think it's presidential but 50% of America was fed up with 'presidential'.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:44:01 pm by leaponover »

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2020, 01:20:29 pm »
...and their rulers are showing their true colors.  ...
Wait, when have they ever NOT shown their true colors?

I realize your not American, but I'm hard pressed to see any American that wouldn't call this a win. ...
I wouldn't.  Because it isn't over.

... Unless you want him to be Jesus like and turn the other cheek, ...
I'm 100% certain that that is exactly what a Christian is supposed to do.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2020, 02:06:16 pm »
...and their rulers are showing their true colors.  ...
Wait, when have they ever NOT shown their true colors?

I realize your not American, but I'm hard pressed to see any American that wouldn't call this a win. ...
I wouldn't.  Because it isn't over.

... Unless you want him to be Jesus like and turn the other cheek, ...
I'm 100% certain that that is exactly what a Christian is supposed to do.

Many times Iran has covered up what they've done, or not admitted to it and acted like victims.  Even now they are stating that they shot down the Ukraine Jet because of the psychological war America is imposing on them.

I'm fine with you not thinking it's over....but it most certainly is.  Do you really think Iran, with the current protesting, is going to mount more retaliation?  There may be more terrorist fall out, but Iran as a nation is done with any kind of counter.  I'm fine with you not thinking it's over, but I'll leave this here for an "I told you so".

Lots of things Christians are supposed to do....are you really going there?  Weak....

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2020, 07:35:41 pm »

Sounds to me like you don't even know what the protocol is because he absolutely doesn't need to tell Congress, lol.  Of course the actual rules are very ambiguous and up for interpretation so the average "I don't like you" could spin it however they want.  In reality, the whole thing played out exactly how the actual experts in Trumps inner circle said it would.  Maybe even better honestly. 

You ask the average American if killing Osama Bin Laden would result in a missile strike with no casualties as repercussions 10 out of 10 would accept that.  Bonus is that Iran made a devastating mistake showing how truly fearful and incompetent they really are.  Now they've got their own people openly criticizing the government and being shot for it and their rulers are showing their true colors.  I don't think it could have gone any better.  Of course that may seem callous.  It's shameful that an itchy trigger finger resulted in the deaths of 176 innocent people, but that's all on Iran as it was clear US was making no movement to retaliate.  They let Iran have their response and secured their own people's safety.

I realize your not American, but I'm hard pressed to see any American that wouldn't call this a win.  A terrorist who has been responsible for American deaths has been eradicated, it did not result in war, Iran and it's brutality is on center stage and no Americans lost their lives in the campaign.  You can accept all that as a victory and still dislike Trump.  You do realize that right?  Pelosi and Schumer are NOT doing that, and that's why they are rightfully being chastised for it.  Even many liberals are coming forward and saying that this is the time to take a united stand on a mission like this, and go back to the other nonsense when it's done.  Not complain you didn't get notified.  It's absurd.

As far as retweeting something.  I said time and again it's not presidential and Trump shouldn't even be on Twitter at all.  I don't even use Twitter, but if I understand correctly it's just sharing something someone else said.  Guessing close to 50% of Americans feel that way about them, and nobody has any problem mouthing off about whatever they want about Trump.  Unless you want him to be Jesus like and turn the other cheek, he's entitled to it.  Again, I don't think it's presidential but 50% of America was fed up with 'presidential'.
Far too early to call it a win, especially because it's not part of any larger strategy, other than trump's reelection campaign. Iraq now wants us out, and trump's response is to threaten them with sanctions and to send more US troops to the ME. Iran, on the other hand, is fast forwarding its nuclear program.

And the downed plane is definitely not "all on" Iran. Iran is not innocent, but neither is the US.

"We're bringing the boys back home."

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:00 pm »

Far too early to call it a win, especially because it's not part of any larger strategy, other than trump's reelection campaign. Iraq now wants us out, and trump's response is to threaten them with sanctions and to send more US troops to the ME. Iran, on the other hand, is fast forwarding its nuclear program.

And the downed plane is definitely not "all on" Iran. Iran is not innocent, but neither is the US.

I don't understand how anybody can say that the US had anything to do with  the downing of the jet.  I can't even see how the staunches of liberals could even for a second think that to be true and be truthful or rational.

Iran didn't shut down their airport
Iran bungled protocol

If a Trump run US shot down a passenger jet after Iran had a drone strike on Mitch McConnell while he was driving to an airport in Canada people would be absolutely losing their mind blaming us and for not one second blaming Iran.  Just amazing.....you've succeeded in me never responding to you again.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2020, 02:52:45 pm »

I don't understand how anybody can say that the US had anything to do with  the downing of the jet.  I can't even see how the staunches of liberals could even for a second think that to be true and be truthful or rational.

Iran bungled protocol

If a Trump run US shot down a passenger jet after Iran had a drone strike on Mitch McConnell while he was driving to an airport in Canada people would be absolutely losing their mind blaming us and for not one second blaming Iran.  Just amazing.....you've succeeded in me never responding to you again.

Right? Iran shot down a Ukrainian jet flying out from a public airport. Sure, it was an error.

Just because Iran is jittery about the US doesn't mean the US has one iota of responsibility about the jet being SHOT DOWN BY BLOODY IRAN MISSILES.

The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2020, 03:46:04 pm »
Lee Harvey Oswald could shoot a bunch of kids on 5th Avenue and people would still blame Trump.

« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2020, 05:33:37 pm »
Trump could eat a bunch of kids on Park Avenue and you'd still defend him.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2020, 08:22:24 pm »

Iran bungled protocol

Right? Iran shot down a Ukrainian jet flying out from a public airport. Sure, it was an error.

Just because Iran is jittery about the US doesn't mean the US has one iota of responsibility about the jet being SHOT DOWN BY BLOODY IRAN MISSILES.

"Not one iota." That's some real DM-level hyperbole. 

American troops in the ME--thank you george bush and dick cheney--have nothing to do with Iran firing missiles at a  US installation in the ME? 

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2020, 08:30:25 am »

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2020, 08:45:07 am »
"Not one iota." That's some real DM-level hyperbole. 

American troops in the ME--thank you george bush and dick cheney--have nothing to do with Iran firing missiles at a  US installation in the ME? 

On 8 January, at 06:12 local time (02:42 GMT), UIA flight PS752 took off from Imam Khomeini International Airport.

The plane was a Boeing 737-800 - one of the international airline industry's most widely used aircraft models.

Before it had left the airport's air space, the plane appeared to turn around to return to the runway. Shortly afterwards, it crashed.

Let's imagine my neighbours are meth heads. I don't trust them. They throw shit in my yard, harrass me when I come home from work, steal shit from my shed, etc.

Now I have friends over. We have dinner, it's great. We say good night and they leave. They turn around to get something they forgot, they're still on my walkway outside my porch, and I shoot them.

Surely, it's not entirely my fault! It's the meth head neighbours, too! They've poisoned my trust in humanity!

Not to mention that it's an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and the MILITARY, who have a chain of command, organisational polices and technology out the ass, not some suburban housedad with a jittery trigger finger.

Jesus.
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2020, 10:50:10 am »
Exvept a few weeks ago, I said that Trump was taking a tremendous risk, expressed dismay at the Boltonist turn, and said if he went to war he risked losing a bunch of support. Thankfully, things look to be relatively restrained.

Meanwhile, people are blaming Trump for Iran shooting down an airliner full of civilians.