Read 2980 times

Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2019, 01:34:54 pm »
Fine, I can handle not being 'intelligent'.

By the way, Trump isn't going to Poland because they don't actually want him there.  He cancelled, and got criticized, yet visited England and got criticized.  You just put him on the "damned if you do damned if you don't" narrative.  He brought up the hurricane because frankly, he was trying to save face.  Poland is glad he cancelled.

Doesn't that say something about trump's standing on the world stage?  After his embarrassment of Biarritz, it's no wonder they don't want to have to deal with him again. Isn't that worrying?  In modern international relations, isolationism for a country like America, is just not beneficial for a country that size.  These are long-standing allies that have been developed over decades.  But trump seems to be finding a way to cripple the country.  As for his golfing?  It's well covered about a: how much it costs for his golf trips and the fact that it's the tax payer paying for them  b: the derision he showered on Obama for playing golf.  If he'd been honest and told people that is what he'd be doing, then there'd be no problem.  During a possibly damaging hurricane, he picked the wrong time to 'save face'.  But that's his problem, he's inept. 

I don't think the average American will blink an eye if there is a mass shooting close to election time, because non of the Dem candidates have an agreeable (or even viable) solution to gun control.  In a country where drugs are illegal, but on every street corner, what naive person is going to think the government can control the flow of firearms?  Who is that brain dead?

So, don't try and do anything?  Is that what you're saying?  Not even try? 

Also, you do realise that other developed countries have drugs on street corners, but these countries also don't have mass shootings, because they have strict gun control and background checks.  That is a defining difference.  I still stand by the idea that if the Democrats can put together a sensible gun control policy and ride out the 'waddabout the 2nd Amendment?' or 'they trying to take away your guns' slogan bollocks from the GOP and NRA, then they stand a chance of gaining a lot of single issue voters.  Like I said, in 2016, trump won with a margin of 65 000 votes or so in some key states.  He'll not get that again.  But I agree with you that opinion polls are a crap indicator, as has been shown.  But they seem to bother trump, a lot.   :undecided:

• Colburnnn
  • Veteran

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2019, 02:16:39 pm »
TDS

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2019, 09:09:15 pm »
Democrats need a surefire candidate, and there is none.  I mean, i'm trying to take an unbiased view here despite my feelings, but democrats have to realize that none of these candidates are attractive.  You guys see that right?  Democrats could secure a win pretty easily in my opinion if they had somebody suitable, because this next election is just going to boil down to the lesser of two evils again.   America doesn't win either way....

This is a common myth

Fox News poll for 2020

From 2016

I see it's also a common myth that polls should be taken seriously.  Thought folks learned their lesson on that already....
Hard for polls to take into account russki interference or repub voter suppression. You seem to fit into the "low information voter" category.

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2019, 06:46:39 am »
Democrats need a surefire candidate, and there is none.

Hmmm, choices...we could go for this...

No trump, there is/was no impact on Alabama.  Just own it.  You made a mistake.  Petty, stubborn and dumb.

or this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-iLk1G_ng

Articulate.  Could you imagine an hour conversation between Rogan and Trump?   :laugh:

Difficult choice, right?

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2019, 10:41:54 am »

By the way, Trump isn't going to Poland because they don't actually want him there.  He cancelled, and got criticized, yet visited England and got criticized.  You just put him on the "damned if you do damned if you don't" narrative.  He brought up the hurricane because frankly, he was trying to save face.  Poland is glad he cancelled.

Doesn't that say something about trump's standing on the world stage?  After his embarrassment of Biarritz, it's no wonder they don't want to have to deal with him again. Isn't that worrying?  In modern international relations, isolationism for a country like America, is just not beneficial for a country that size.  These are long-standing allies that have been developed over decades.  But trump seems to be finding a way to cripple the country.  As for his golfing?  It's well covered about a: how much it costs for his golf trips and the fact that it's the tax payer paying for them  b: the derision he showered on Obama for playing golf.  If he'd been honest and told people that is what he'd be doing, then there'd be no problem.  During a possibly damaging hurricane, he picked the wrong time to 'save face'.  But that's his problem, he's inept. 

I don't think the average American will blink an eye if there is a mass shooting close to election time, because non of the Dem candidates have an agreeable (or even viable) solution to gun control.  In a country where drugs are illegal, but on every street corner, what naive person is going to think the government can control the flow of firearms?  Who is that brain dead?

Also, you do realise that other developed countries have drugs on street corners, but these countries also don't have mass shootings, because they have strict gun control and background checks.  That is a defining difference.  I still stand by the idea that if the Democrats can put together a sensible gun control policy and ride out the 'waddabout the 2nd Amendment?' or 'they trying to take away your guns' slogan bollocks from the GOP and NRA, then they stand a chance of gaining a lot of single issue voters.  Like I said, in 2016, trump won with a margin of 65 000 votes or so in some key states.  He'll not get that again.  But I agree with you that opinion polls are a crap indicator, as has been shown.  But they seem to bother trump, a lot.   :undecided:

First of all I didn't say you weren't intelligent.  I'd have to have much more information to determine that.  I certainly think playing games with things like speaking gaffes, golf excursions and other completely irrelevant things is a really childish and pointless way to prove a point.  It's the adult version of name calling and there's far too much of that going around.  Obama made a speech in front of a graduating class of Navy personnel and on three occasions called them corpsemen instead of corpsmen.  Still, Obama was an eloquent speaker, but to harp on gaffes like that it's just petty and not constructive.

As far as your point about Poland and Trump's view on the world stage.  The world stage gets their press filtered in from the USA, and the USA is run by liberal press.  So of course they are going to get force fed a narrative and run with it.  That's part of it, the other part of it is the USA is taking a hard line stance on economic arrangements.  If I've been selling you tomatoes at 50 cents a pop and making very little money or losing money.  Suddenly I decide that being a businessman I should make a profit and raise the price of tomatoes for you, of course you are going to be mad.  That's bargaining.  At the end of the day they'll still have beer together, but that's how negotiations work.  Poland  news clipping state they still have a great relationship with the US, they just don't care for Trump.  He's the president, no one man is bigger than a country, as much as people want to pretend they are.

As far as gun control, no, I'm not saying it can't be solved so do nothing.  As much as I think this mass shooting thing is much ado about nothing (numbers are inflated by gang violence), I do agree that high powered and high caliber weapons should be controlled.  It's not that it's a gun, it's just that they do far more damage and have a higher fatality rate when the random psycho/racist/terrorist goes on a rampage.   I've read articles from doctors who were pro guns and then deal with gun shot wounds and start to see how damaging those high caliber and high powered weapons are.  That's enough of an argument to sway me even as a staunch supporter of 2nd amendment (and all freedoms and liberties for that matter). 

As far as trusting the government to come up with solutions, really, fool me once on you, fool me again it's on me.  Time and time again government has shown it's sole purpose is to drive up the American debt, swindle tax payers, and bumble everything they touch.  The entire institution is laced with failure after failure and they are just salvaged by the fact that America really is too big to fail.  Government is the core of ineptness, and since it's continued to become more powerful and have more control over every day life, it's even more dangerous that it's so inept.  I'm shocked that anyone would have confidence in decisions made by the government.  When we have new candidates, I never think, "Wow, they can do what they say they are going to do".  I only think, "Let's see what they can accomplish, I'm willing to let them have their shot".  I didn't care of Obama, he got his chance.  I don't care for Trump's petulant antics or his Twitter ignorance, but psychologists have long said that to get to that type of powerful position of influence means you have a social disorder.  All the presidents are no different, they are egotistical and narcissistic, Trump just has no desire to filter that part of him whereas past presidents very carefully hid it.  I respect what Trumps done in the financial field for this country.  It's about time someone took a hard stance with China and other nations.  It's okay to be the richest and most prosperous person on the block and have everyone hate you.  They still need you.  Nobody is here to make friends.  This isn't a social gathering, he's running a country.   It's not personal, it's business.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2019, 10:45:00 am »
Democrats need a surefire candidate, and there is none.  I mean, i'm trying to take an unbiased view here despite my feelings, but democrats have to realize that none of these candidates are attractive.  You guys see that right?  Democrats could secure a win pretty easily in my opinion if they had somebody suitable, because this next election is just going to boil down to the lesser of two evils again.   America doesn't win either way....

This is a common myth

Fox News poll for 2020

From 2016

I see it's also a common myth that polls should be taken seriously.  Thought folks learned their lesson on that already....
Hard for polls to take into account russki interference or repub voter suppression. You seem to fit into the "low information voter" category.

You left out Alien abductions and telekinesis.  You seem to fit into that "no information voter" category.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2019, 09:06:17 pm »

This is a common myth

Fox News poll for 2020

From 2016

You left out Alien abductions and telekinesis.  You seem to fit into that "no information voter" category.
You're projecting. Conspiracies are the life blood of the far right.

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2019, 08:28:28 am »
I certainly think playing games with things like speaking gaffes, golf excursions and other completely irrelevant things is a really childish and pointless way to prove a point.  It's the adult version of name calling and there's far too much of that going around. 

I'm willing to let speaking gaffes go.  Following minute things like that is a waste of time.  Calling out trump for saying one thing and then doing something else, is fair game.  If he doesn't want to be constantly called out it then maybe he try harder not to do it.  But he can't.  His nonsense during campaigning about Obama's golf trips while actually golfing much more and how he 'works so hard for the country' and especially now during a 'crisis' is just hypocritical.  That is before we even get onto the cost of these trips and the fact it's his own resorts which benefit.  That seems to be the bottom line here, that trump and his businesses profit from this.  That, by the constitution is illegal.  But he gets away with it and is protected by his party and how the senate and congress are set up at the moment. 

That's part of it, the other part of it is the USA is taking a hard line stance on economic arrangements.  If I've been selling you tomatoes at 50 cents a pop and making very little money or losing money.  Suddenly I decide that being a businessman I should make a profit and raise the price of tomatoes for you, of course you are going to be mad.  That's bargaining.  At the end of the day they'll still have beer together, but that's how negotiations work.

trump is not a good business man.  To me, someone who is good at business is someone who can build something from nothing with nothing that is how you learn properly, not someone who gets given millions from their parents to start with.  trump, arrogantly, seems to think he knows it all.  Before, it was just 'his' money.  Now, he's playing with the taxpayer's money and peoples' livelihoods.  Even, before he started this stupid trade war, experts said that no one wins in a trade war.  They are not 'easy' and it most certainly doesn't look like it'll be over soon.  Also as experts have mentioned, these long-standing trading partners are going else to find their products.  Once you lose a customer they've gone.  That's basic business. 

As far as gun control, no, I'm not saying it can't be solved so do nothing.  As much as I think this mass shooting thing is much ado about nothing (numbers are inflated by gang violence), I do agree that high powered and high caliber weapons should be controlled.  It's not that it's a gun, it's just that they do far more damage and have a higher fatality rate when the random psycho/racist/terrorist goes on a rampage.   I've read articles from doctors who were pro guns and then deal with gun shot wounds and start to see how damaging those high caliber and high powered weapons are.  That's enough of an argument to sway me even as a staunch supporter of 2nd amendment (and all freedoms and liberties for that matter). 

Fine, then we agree in part here.  But at the moment, nothing is being done.  Assault weapons are still being bought by civilians, which is ridiculous.  Who really needs that kind of fire power?   

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2019, 07:29:22 pm »

This is a common myth

Fox News poll for 2020

From 2016

Thanks for making me laugh out loud.  I needed that!

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2019, 07:47:29 pm »

I'm really bad at formatting responses and i'm envious of how neatly you were able to do it.  So I apologize in advance for not being able to do that.

I'll touch on your three points:

Trump and golfing....really if I thought it meant anything to how this country was run I'd address it, but it literally plays no factor.  I don't really care about it, at all, just like I didn't care about every single time Obama went golfing.  Tired of the memes, and the misdirects.  Trump makes money off his resorts.  This actually models much closer to how the presidency was in the 1800's when politicians were those who took a year or two off from their jobs to do a civil duty by being a member of the country's government.  President's are only in office one or two terms.  I'm fine with them having a job before being president....which runs into your second point...

I think it's rather disingenuous to say the only way to prove business acumen is to start a business from scratch.  It may mean you were a better businessman, but there are plenty of good businessman who grew up in successful families and have been surrounded by the best in the biz.  They are going to learn from them.  I really can't swallow your point number 2 because it's kind of narrow minded.  I mean, i'm just thrilled Trump at least had a job outside of just being a career politician like Mr. Obama.

Lastly, we do  agree on more gun control, but I'm guessing we start to differ in the priority of it.  I think there are much more pressing things going on.  That's not an excuse though.  Frankly the stubborn way in which Republicans just shut off when it's even brought up is unbecoming of someone in office.  It's unacceptable.  I can't really blame Democrats on this because they have shown a willingness to take what they can get there, it's strictly Republicans hanging on to things like children.  I appreciate them trying to hold on to the liberties afforded us, but there are enough Americans against the ability to obtain high powered firearms that Republicans should at least be heeding their constituents.  I could see how some Republicans might be "gun shy" (hehe) to discuss it because they know you give some people an inch, they try to take a mile, but there's really not much more of a genuine excuse for them being so unwavering.   I'm convinced it will happen some day, but unfortunately there's probably going to be additions to the body count before it does.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:50:42 pm by leaponover »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2019, 08:10:05 am »

This is a common myth

Fox News poll for 2020

From 2016

Thanks for making me laugh out loud.  I needed that!
Good for you . Laughing at oneself can be healthy, something your boy dishonest don never learned.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2019, 09:37:14 am »
In other news the  white house have released images of the latest phase of completed wall construction. 

• T_Rex
  • Adventurer

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 08:55:27 am »
Bannon predicts a victory for Trump. None of the Democratic candidates are strong enough on the issues that matter most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ8oBKsw_c

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2019, 08:08:31 pm »
Mmm , now there's a pundit with some credibility.  :laugh:

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2019, 03:07:10 am »
My answer to the statement at the start of this thread is that YES DONALD TRUMP CAN WIN IN 2010. So Democrats and progressives need to pick a positive progressive candidate for change. A second Trump presidency will not be good for the USA-it will widen the gulfs in society, deepen poverty and entrench divisions. It will also be deeply unfair to the millions of working class people who voted for Trump thinking that he would drain the swamp and bring back all those wonderful lost jobs to the rust belt. He ain't gonna do that. Giving good, reliable jobs to the working class and middle class is not his aim.

Bernie Sanders' plan of Medicare for all is probably better than it sounds: Mr. Sanders proposed to get round Big Pharma's cartel by buying cheaper medicine from Canada and elsewhere. He realises that universal healthcare can be significantly cheaper and yet still be universal.
As to the original commentator who wrote this;

"Personally I hope Trump wins for the sole reason of giving the whinging leftists 4 more years of crying. Plus, I think the leftists are dumb."  That is typical of mean-spirited Republican men. Everything is a competition. People who aren't Republicans are deemed losers, leaving the grouchy Republicans to boast. That's a bit childish.

Also, the point of leftists whinging and being dumb. I'm not whinging. I'm merely pointing out that under Bernie Sanders, the USA would be on track to having something like our dear NHS, which we in the UK love and cherish.
Oh, and leftists aren't dumb. Specialists of fake news articles on Facebook found that Bernie Sanders supporters were notoriously hard to trick and hoodwink.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail HAS ran fake news articles on the EU and other topics. So that Wikipedia no longer accepts the Daily Mail as a legitimate source.

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2019, 09:55:55 am »
My answer to the statement at the start of this thread is that YES DONALD TRUMP CAN WIN IN 2010.

this is the real nightmare scenario. trump winning an election in the past on a year that isn't even an election year  :huh:

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2019, 10:51:27 am »
My answer to the statement at the start of this thread is that YES DONALD TRUMP CAN WIN IN 2010.

this is the real nightmare scenario. trump winning an election in the past on a year that isn't even an election year  :huh:

Ha!

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2019, 11:55:32 am »
I am curious to see what will happen with all this impeachment goings on. There are many that believe simply being impeached automatically leads to ouster, and that is not the case.

The Donald is under attack from everywhere and everyone it seems. Even his kids are under attack. I don't remember seeing anything like this shark feeding frenzy ever in any political realm.

I fear the impeachment process may succeed and Trump may be forced out and that could lead to something verging on a civil war. I may be spewing nought but hyperbole, but never underestimate the average American's penchant for revenge.

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »
Mmm , now there's a pundit with some credibility.  :laugh:
You mean the guy who helped orchestrate a campaign that let a political novice stage a hostile takeover of one of the two major political parties in a hyper-crowded field and then took out the de facto head of the Democratic Party's entire machine, who was considered a shoe-in for the office?

Say what you will about Bannon, but when it comes to analyzing candidates and the messiness of politics, he in fact, does have credibility and should at least be considered. There's plenty of awful people who nonetheless are insightful in their field.