Read 53950 times

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #840 on: May 24, 2020, 04:00:14 pm »
Trump vs Biden

hmmmm.......which WRONG GUY TO VOTE FOR.......should I vote for?

Neither.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
« Reply #841 on: May 24, 2020, 04:04:13 pm »
You're Canadian; you can't vote for either anyways. :rolleyes: Trolling again I see.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #842 on: May 24, 2020, 06:09:41 pm »
Those people are idiots. They already carry a tracking device in their pocket every minute of every day.

"Those people" support Trump with almost the same mindless fervor you do, so what does that tell you?
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• Cohort 2019
  • Expert Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90įS.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #843 on: May 24, 2020, 08:16:57 pm »
It tells me that Mr. C. is one of the best people on this forum if you really look at it, according to Marty. 
incumbo studiis

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #844 on: May 26, 2020, 03:56:54 am »
So we've established that the scope of the Russia investigation was too wide and too narrow. It was a political hatchet job against Trump that didn't bring any charges against Trump, but did result in the conviction of someone who "should have been prosecuted." The investigators were biased but the report suffered from a lack of editorializing. Insinuations of crime are bad if performed through "lies of omission" in an official investigation, while direct false accusations are excusable if done frequently and in a stream-of-consciousness style. People who don't acknowledge the John le Carre-meets-Noam Chomsky realities of geopolitical subterfuge are hopelessly naive, while FBI agents probing Paul Manafort's Ukraine/Kremlin ties were being profoundly unfair.

Got it.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #845 on: May 26, 2020, 04:42:24 am »

Perhaps you could summarize one of the instances in this 'epoch tail of abuse' to make your point.  Could you explain what exactly you see as abusive in this process? Otherwise one might conclude you're just swallowing some tripe from a religious organisation.

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #846 on: May 26, 2020, 05:02:18 am »
Perhaps you could summarize one of the instances in this 'epoch tail of abuse' to make your point.  Could you explain what exactly you see as abusive in this process? Otherwise one might conclude you're just swallowing some tripe from a religious organisation.

Or, someone could very easily assume you just are flapping your metaphorical gums....go on, then.

Perhaps you should just prove it wrong, high-speed.

« Reply #847 on: May 26, 2020, 06:00:24 am »
"Those people" support Trump with almost the same mindless fervor you do, so what does that tell you?
See Mayor Haggar's signature for what I think of Trump and "mindless fervor". There's also mindless hatred of Trump and that's what I object to.

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• March 26, 2020, 01:52:57 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #848 on: May 26, 2020, 07:51:23 am »
Trump vs Biden

hmmmm.......which WRONG GUY TO VOTE FOR.......should I vote for?

Neither.

"grab em by the *****" trump vs "if you have to think about whether to vote for me or trump, you aint black" biden.
really a riveting matchup. Democrat or Republican, we all lose either way!

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #849 on: May 26, 2020, 09:00:12 am »
yeah it's truly amazing to watch both parties throw so hard (and yet it seems the more they throw the more fervent their die-hard supporters become)

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #850 on: May 26, 2020, 09:17:06 am »
yeah it's truly amazing to watch both parties throw so hard (and yet it seems the more they throw the more fervent their die-hard supporters become)

tbh I sort of expect it from Republicans (they've always been like that and are generally pretty good at bringing home the base), but wine mom liberals doing 180s on all their positions is funny to see, especially the likes of Alyssa Milano cancelling #metoo and whatnot.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #851 on: May 26, 2020, 01:15:23 pm »
"grab em by the *****" trump vs "if you have to think about whether to vote for me or trump, you aint black" biden.
really a riveting matchup. Democrat or Republican, we all lose either way!

Bidenís one off the cuff remark vs Trumpís daily spewage of conspiracy theories, racism and sexism.

• 745sticky
  • Super Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #852 on: May 26, 2020, 01:22:33 pm »
Bidenís one off the cuff remark vs Trumpís daily spewage of conspiracy theories, racism and sexism.

I gave one example for the sake of space, but rest assured he's said (and voted for) plenty else.

« Reply #853 on: May 26, 2020, 02:51:03 pm »
I gave one example for the sake of space, but rest assured he's said (and voted for) plenty else.
I seriously think now the Centrist Dem/Mainstream Media bubble is worse than the Righty/FOXNews bubble. At least both Progressives AND right-wingers are regularly exposed to outside views because MSM dominate.

But the Biden crowd seem to just be oblivious to things in his record or negative events or any basic eff ups by the Dems. Like, they NEVER get exposed to any of the times those news agencies completely botched a story or the counterarguments to their talking points.

I've actually seen progressives and RWers better able to articulate the views and reasoning of both each other and Biden Dems than Biden Dems would ever come close to doing.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #854 on: May 26, 2020, 03:10:12 pm »
See Mayor Haggar's signature for what I think of Trump and "mindless fervor". There's also mindless hatred of Trump and that's what I object to.

See, I know you think this covers you, or something, but it really only makes you worse.  (I don't mean IRL, of course, but as a poster in a forum). 

On the one hand, you get to say Trump is a liar and a conman, but then when he is caught lying and conning, you say that Meuller found him innocent.  That there is nothing suspicious with high-ups in Trump's campaign meeting Russian operatives for opposition dirt.  When shown "magical thinking" in that the president says the virus QUOTE "it's like a miracle, it will disappear"--you call it magical thinking to suggest the government should have rolled up its sleeves and got to work back in January and February.

You make knowingly false statements like the House of Reps and the White House are "co-equal" branches (and don't say it isn't a lie, because you understand the system as well as I do) as it's just a way to insinuate the Coronavirus disaster is somehow as much Pelosi's fault as it is Trump's.

When Trump says insane, racist, offensive, terrible  or moronic things you say that he isn't speaking to "me", it's a code that I don't understand, and that I don't understand how things work.  Nowadays, he's accusing Joe Scarborough of murder.  What's the code I'm missing, please tell me.   

If you really thought he was bad, you wouldn't spend every waking moment in every political thread relentlessly defending him--and dishonestly defending him. 

Oh, your ways of defending him!  My goodness! Name-calling and personal attacks, whataboutism, strawmen, deflection, changing the subject, repeating long-debunked BS ad nauseam, and the lies.

If you think a couple of critical quotes about Trump stacks up against 99%  bad behavior, maybe you are as "Trump-deranged" as you accuse other people of being.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #855 on: May 26, 2020, 04:05:14 pm »
On the one hand, you get to say Trump is a liar and a conman, but then when he is caught lying and conning, you say that Meuller found him innocent. 
Clapper, Rice, Mueller, McCabe all testified under oath that there was no evidence of collusion. What they DID do was lie to the public during interviews and say there was evidence of collusion.

That there is nothing suspicious with high-ups in Trump's campaign meeting Russian operatives for opposition dirt.
You're forgetting the key part of that- "Nothing suspicious once you learn the details." Certainly on it's surface it warrants a look.

When shown "magical thinking" in that the president says the virus QUOTE "it's like a miracle, it will disappear"
Yeah, Donald Trump tends to engage in hyperbole and conjecture as a prediction. That's different from magical thinking regarding statements of fact and evaluation of past performances.

You make knowingly false statements like the House of Reps and the White House are "co-equal" branches (and don't say it isn't a lie, because you understand the system as well as I do)
Your calling it a lie is a lie if we're going to go by your own standard.

As I CITED, this is a common turn of phrase. That it might not be 100% technically accurate does not make it a LIE.
"Please pass me a Kleenex"
"Here you go" (Passes off brand paper tissue)
"This isn't a Kleenex! You Lied!!!!!!!"

You're just being pedantic.

it's just a way to insinuate the Coronavirus disaster is somehow as much Pelosi's
With power comes responsibility. This country shares power through a variety of institutions. No single person is responsible for everything in a crisis like Coronavirus.

When Trump says insane, racist, offensive, terrible  or moronic things you say that he isn't speaking to "me", it's a code that I don't understand, and that I don't understand how things work.  Nowadays, he's accusing Joe Scarborough of murder.  What's the code I'm missing, please tell me.   
You ever watch Pro-Wrestling? You ever watch a rap battle? Do you take the things said and done in those literally?

If you really thought he was bad, you wouldn't spend every waking moment in every political thread relentlessly defending him--and dishonestly defending him.
Maybe if this thread was filled with people slobbering over Donald's knob I might be more on the negative side. As it is, if things start to turn into a circle-jerk of ignorance and misinformation, yeah I'll point out some of the flaws.

Just because SOME criticisms of Trump are valid, doesn't mean all are or that the reasons you have given are good. Many of the criticisms ARE filled with errors or completely invalid or are based on arbitrary standards. Many of them use incredibly flawed reasoning.

If you think a couple of critical quotes about Trump stacks up against 99%  bad behavior
Mr. C, ever notice a difference in your tone and writing style when it comes to talking about Trump vs. other subjects?

In all the others you are generally helpful, considerate, concerned with the welfare of people, etc.

On these Trump threads, boy does your personality change and your attempt to dispassionately analyze things just goes out the window. You ever stop to think that maybe that's having an effect on you and your perceptions of things regarding Trump and politics?

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #856 on: May 26, 2020, 04:08:59 pm »
I seriously think now the Centrist Dem/Mainstream Media bubble is worse than the Righty/FOXNews bubble. At least both Progressives AND right-wingers are regularly exposed to outside views because MSM dominate.

But the Biden crowd seem to just be oblivious to things in his record or negative events or any basic eff ups by the Dems. Like, they NEVER get exposed to any of the times those news agencies completely botched a story or the counterarguments to their talking points.

I've actually seen progressives and RWers better able to articulate the views and reasoning of both each other and Biden Dems than Biden Dems would ever come close to doing.

Biden has apologized for mistakes in his past record and has adopted a lot of progressive policies from other Democrats.

Donald ďI take no responsibilityĒ Trump is running again on tweetbait sexism and racism and conspiracy theories.

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #857 on: May 26, 2020, 06:18:08 pm »
Clapper, Rice, Mueller, McCabe all testified under oath that there was no evidence of collusion. What they DID do was lie to the public during interviews and say there was evidence of collusion.
See, another great example.  They testified they had no empirical evidence of collusion because they couldn't get answers to their questions.  As you know, dozens of subpoenas were ignored, a fact you choose to ignore.

But you repeatedly say Mueller found Trump innocent, but he actually found numerous instances of obstruction.  A fact you choose to ignore.

You're forgetting the key part of that- "Nothing suspicious once you learn the details." Certainly on it's surface it warrants a look.
Yeah, Donald Trump tends to engage in hyperbole and conjecture as a prediction. That's different from magical thinking regarding statements of fact and evaluation of past performances.

Oh, hang on, when you included my quote in your post, you cut off my key point! I said: "When shown "magical thinking" in that the president says the virus QUOTE "it's like a miracle, it will disappear"--you call it magical thinking to suggest the government should have rolled up its sleeves and got to work back in January and February."  This is because the post was about your fundamentally dishonest way of arguing, and you chose to defend Trump's lying (er, hyperbole and conjecture) rather than your own misuse of the term "magical thinking".  Proving, I guess, my point by example.

As I CITED, this is a common turn of phrase. That it might not be 100% technically accurate does not make it a LIE.

Sorry, you use that example and accuse me of being pedantic?  I never make any kind of arguments like that--you do:  just above you declared innocence on collusion and whitewashed on obstruction.

And the difference between 1/6 and 1/3 is double, when comparing the "co-equalness" of the House and executive, even in an academic way. 

With power comes responsibility. This country shares power through a variety of institutions. No single person is responsible for everything in a crisis like Coronavirus.

Agreed.  So what?  Remember "The buck stops here"?  No?  How about, "I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

So, one person can't do it all, but one person can do more than practically nothing. 

You ever watch Pro-Wrestling? You ever watch a rap battle? Do you take the things said and done in those literally?
Maybe if this thread was filled with people slobbering over Donald's knob I might be more on the negative side. As it is, if things start to turn into a circle-jerk of ignorance and misinformation, yeah I'll point out some of the flaws.

He's not a wrestler or a rapper, he's the person in control of the red button.  It's not a flaw to expect sanity and thoughtfulness (and, maybe some decorum) in the man, is it?  He spent time on Memorial Day dragging an ex-Marine who served honorably, even calling him an "American fraud" (I understand that code, it means: this person has dared to criticize Donald J. Trump").  Don't defend that!

Just because SOME criticisms of Trump are valid, doesn't mean all are or that the reasons you have given are good. Many of the criticisms ARE filled with errors or completely invalid or are based on arbitrary standards. Many of them use incredibly flawed reasoning.

But all you're doing is defending him with equally flawed reasoning--none of my criticisms here are flawed, anyway.

Mr. C, ever notice a difference in your tone and writing style when it comes to talking about Trump vs. other subjects?

In all the others you are generally helpful, considerate, concerned with the welfare of people, etc.

On these Trump threads, boy does your personality change and your attempt to dispassionately analyze things just goes out the window. You ever stop to think that maybe that's having an effect on you and your perceptions of things regarding Trump and politics?

Or maybe it is my same concern for people's welfare that leads me to speak so forcefully against Trumpism.  At least I'm arguing honestly, and not picking sides to address some kind of perceived imbalance--that's the weirdest one yet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:20:39 pm by Mr C »
-Mr.DeMartino

« Reply #858 on: May 26, 2020, 06:28:56 pm »

First off, Fka has already schooled you in the last few pages with regards to your red-faced RW Fox news talking point nonsense RE: Mueller Report.  You can just tell us you ignored his posts, or just write 'I don't really know anything of any worth on this subject' next time.

Second, your congress being a co-equal branch misformation was also put in its place by numerous posters.  Just write 'I don't really know anything of any worth on this subject' to avoid wasting our time.

Third, your other fallacies about where the blame lies are again complete nonsense.  The majority of the blame lies at trump's door.  Simple.  If he wanted to do something back in January/February he could have.  But didn't.  And don't start your impeachment nonsense again, his February rallies and golf put paid to that crap.  So please just write, 'I don't really know anything of any worth on this subject'  to avoid wasting valuable internet space. 

Fourth, and this is the biggie.  Are you accusing Mr. C of being, I dunno, 'schizophrenic'?  I'm pretty sure this accusation was correctly put forward in another thread about another poster on here who posts a lot.   It is not one you can aim at him, at all.  He's never threatened physical violence on the internet.  I'll let you in on a little secret martin, I was brought up properly and one of those things was to hate all lying.  It was something my parents taught me was wrong, always.  Lying just builds up and you just put a lie on top of another lie until you forgot what the original lie was.  It's just not worth it.  I cut that out decades ago and I abhor people who do it.  And before you say all politicians do it, then yes they do but the thing is trump takes it to a new level and wears it like some badge of honour.  So what does that say about you and your optics?  Anyone I know to be a liar doesn't get the time of day from me now.  Maybe people like Savant, Mr. C, and I just have more of a moral compass than you.  So when you think of writing saying that another poster is schizophrenic, just write 'I don't really know anything of any worth on this subject' instead of leveling that kind of false nonsense. 

« Reply #859 on: May 26, 2020, 09:25:29 pm »
See, another great example.  They testified they had no empirical evidence of collusion because they couldn't get answers to their questions.  As you know, dozens of subpoenas were ignored, a fact you choose to ignore.
You want to know what you're ignoring- If Trump really was in collusion with Russia and Russia had leverage over him, do you really think he'd still be President? Don't you think that would ACTUALLY be a major issue, as in attempted forceful coup, sanctions by the EU against Russia, etc.? Do you think we'd stand by if that happened in Italy or Japan? It isn't. No one in serious foreign policy or defense circles outside the U.S. treats the Trump-Russia stuff with any kind of seriousness. Why? Because they're professionals with brains and they know this is just political nonsense.

but he actually found numerous instances of obstruction
And yet the Democrats didn't even choose to impeach over those instances. Must have been a rather flimsy case.

you call it magical thinking to suggest the government should have rolled up its sleeves and got to work back in January and February."  This is because the post was about your fundamentally dishonest way of arguing, and you chose to defend Trump's lying (er, hyperbole and conjecture) rather than your own misuse of the term "magical thinking".  Proving, I guess, my point by example.
I thought your point was about what Trump said and how that constituted magical thinking. Since instead you're making it a point about my use of the term, all I can say is that I don't get your point other than to say that yes, believing the government was capable of instantly churning out a million test kits a day and Trump being able to lockdown the entire country while dealing with impeachment IS magical thinking.

Sorry, you use that example and accuse me of being pedantic?  I never make any kind of arguments like that--you do:  just above you declared innocence on collusion and whitewashed on obstruction.
Dude, you're griping over the phrase "Co-Equal Branch of government", a common turn of phrase mind you, being applied to the U.S. House. That's pretty damn pedantic.

And the difference between 1/6 and 1/3 is double, when comparing the "co-equalness" of the House and executive, even in an academic way.
Your math sucks. It would be 1/4th to 1/3rd, genius.

but one person can do more than practically nothing.
I'm going to use your own tactic here and call this a LIE. And that you are LYING. Prove that Trump did PRACTICALLY NOTHING. He had regular briefings, issues various entry bans, set up task forces, signed funds into law, etc.

He spent time on Memorial Day dragging an ex-Marine who served honorably, even calling him an "American fraud" (I understand that code, it means: this person has dared to criticize Donald J. Trump").  Don't defend that!
Well if the ex-Marine is going to dish it out, don't bitch and moan when it comes back.

You know what you're getting into when you go after Donald Trump.

But all you're doing is defending him with equally flawed reasoning--none of my criticisms here are flawed, anyway.
Really? You're perfection? You don't think you've made any mistakes or errors or committed any flaws or failed to investigate things thoroughly? You don't think bias has affected your perception? You honestly believe you are 100% rational, accurate, correct, and unbiased?

Or maybe it is my same concern for people's welfare that leads me to speak so forcefully against Trumpism.  At least I'm arguing honestly, and not picking sides to address some kind of perceived imbalance--that's the weirdest one yet.
I think it's your personal disgust towards him. I think there is something far more visceral and emotional. I also don't see anything in your posts which suggests people's welfare is your primary motivation. I DO see a lot of personal animus towards me.

You're not even being honest with yourself. How can you claim to be arguing honestly?