Read 153699 times

Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #2920 on: November 11, 2020, 08:38:38 pm »
All right, I’m coming down from my hopefulness that peaked with the election being called for Biden and his subsequent victory speech. I even allowed myself to laugh a little when Doug Emhoff visibly startled on stage when the confetti cannons went off (“He thought there was an active shooter! Ha HAH!”), But now my anxiety over the short and long term fate of the nation is on the rise again.

“What Is Trump Playing At?”

https://nyti.ms/36mTDz7

As sad as it sounds to say, let’s hope this is nothing more than a pathetic ploy to frighten his base into coughing up some donations, and the spineless GOP leadership just buying him some time to do so.

Pro Tip: You can read any NYT article you wish to without a subscription by downloading Firefox Focus, typing the title of the article into the search box, and clicking on the result.  The browser needs to be closed out and reopened for any subsequent articles however.  :afro:

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2921 on: November 12, 2020, 04:42:01 am »
All right, I’m coming down from my hopefulness that peaked with the election being called for Biden and his subsequent victory speech. I even allowed myself to laugh a little when Doug Emhoff visibly startled on stage when the confetti cannons went off (“He thought there was an active shooter! Ha HAH!”), But now my anxiety over the short and long term fate of the nation is on the rise again.

“What Is Trump Playing At?”

https://nyti.ms/36mTDz7

As sad as it sounds to say, let’s hope this is nothing more than a pathetic ploy to frighten his base into coughing up some donations, and the spineless GOP leadership just buying him some time to do so.

Pro Tip: You can read any NYT article you wish to without a subscription by downloading Firefox Focus, typing the title of the article into the search box, and clicking on the result.  The browser needs to be closed out and reopened for any subsequent articles however.  :afro:
Probably a lot easier for you to just give us the gist of it.

« Reply #2922 on: November 12, 2020, 10:03:14 am »
The same poll watchers who are loyal Trump supporters ordered by Trump to harass poll workers.
Every campaign is legally entitled to have poll watchers. Vote counting is to be non-partisan. Plenty of precincts have this without harassment.

Only a few heavily Dem ones decided to throw out poll watchers, board up the windows, lie about closing times, and engage in other practices reminiscent of corrupt regimes.

If GOPers had done this, you would be screaming bloody murder.

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2923 on: November 12, 2020, 10:14:28 am »
You've got to be kidding me. You seriously think that happened?

GOP poll watchers were permitted everywhere they were supposed to be. When Trumpists claim they weren't, they're talking about armed yahoos with no formal affiliation to the electoral process, storming a polling center and demanding to "observe". If you can't figure out why they weren't allowed inside, maybe you need to find out more about how our systems work.

« Reply #2924 on: November 12, 2020, 10:16:12 am »
Probably a lot easier for you to just give us the gist of it.
Oh, the gist is out there. More of the same. Trump conveying for months that he’s willing to take the presidency by any means if his enablers enable him. Enablers continue to enable him even though the fate of the nation hangs in the balance, tantalized by the possibility that it could actually succeed and once and for all they can be released of the tedious burden of actually having to win elections.

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
« Reply #2925 on: November 12, 2020, 10:49:08 am »
yeah iirc the only lawsuit he won regarding pollwatchers was allowing them to stand a few feet closer (as close as 6ft?) or something trivial (i don't convert to euroboi units)

• Mr C
  • The Legend

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2926 on: November 12, 2020, 03:07:40 pm »
Every campaign is legally entitled to have poll watchers. Vote counting is to be non-partisan. Plenty of precincts have this without harassment.

Only a few heavily Dem ones decided to throw out poll watchers, board up the windows, lie about closing times, and engage in other practices reminiscent of corrupt regimes.

This did not happen.  This election and the counting process was the most transparent, closely-observed and relentlessly videoed  process in the entire history of the world!

The fact that there NO VIDEOS of anything like this a week later is proof positive that this did not happen. 

Incidentally, we do know of one legitimate poll-watcher being thrown out.  She continually refused to wear a mask and keep her distance.
Mr. C is not a bad person, in fact is quite a good person here. One of the best people on this forum if you really look at it
-Mr.DeMartino

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2927 on: November 12, 2020, 03:18:37 pm »
The absurdity of thinking you could get away with the stuff that DM is alleging, or that it would even be an effective way to cheat... Every polling station is stocked with party-appointed observers, plus independents and, in some cases, state, national and international election officials. But yeah, the best way to deceive the system is going out in broad daylight to board up some windows (because, I guess, election observers are only watching from outside the building?), throw out observers from one party (nice and subtle, like true election-rigging professionals) and lie about closing times (clever... that won't arouse even the slightest suspicion).

You want to know why the mainstream media isn't carrying water for the Republicans making these claims? Because if you pitched this to an editor anywhere other than Breitbart or Newsmax, they'd ask for evidence. And so far all anyone has been able to produce are photos of people pushing carts with ballot boxes around, or video footage of someone leaving their counting station to take a toilet break and throwing a gum wrapper in the wastebin.

Again, if you wanted to rig an election there are myriad better ways to do it than the kind of crazy shit you're alleging.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 06:43:09 pm by fka »

« Reply #2928 on: November 12, 2020, 06:31:04 pm »

If GOPers had done this, you would be screaming bloody murder.

Inside Detroit’s absentee-ballot-counting center, one Republican poll watcher complained that workers were wearing Black Lives Matter gear. She thought one of them — a “man of intimidating size” — had followed her too closely.

Another Republican poll watcher complained about the public address system. Workers were using it to make announcements. It was loud. “This was very distracting to those of us trying to concentrate,” he said.

A third poll watcher noticed that when absentee ballots came in from military personnel, many showed votes for Democrats. He found that odd.

The Trump campaign produced 238 pages of affidavits from Republican poll watchers across Michigan containing no evidence of significant fraud but rather allegations about ballot-counting procedures that state workers have already debunked — and in some cases, complaints about rude behavior or unpleasant looks from poll workers or Democratic poll watchers.

“I felt intimidated by union people who were staring at me,” one GOP poll watcher wrote.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #2929 on: November 12, 2020, 06:36:45 pm »
Remember months ago when Trump said that he would refuse to accept an election loss?

Remember when Martin said it was no big deal and that Trump would just leave office normally?

Remember a couple weeks ago when I said Martin would immediately start defending Trump's refusal to concede?

You've been downplaying the threat of Trump refusing to step down for months now, even though Trump has repeatedly said he would refuse to step down for months.

What excuses are you going to make next week if/when Trump refuses to step down? Because once he does this, you're immediately and automatically going to be endlessly arguing that Trump shouldn't step down.

Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #2930 on: November 12, 2020, 09:43:04 pm »
Remember months ago when Trump said that he would refuse to accept an election loss?

How do you see this all playing out, Mayor?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2931 on: November 13, 2020, 03:31:34 am »

Remember when Martin said it was no big deal and that Trump would just leave office normally?

Remember a couple weeks ago when I said Martin would immediately start defending Trump's refusal to concede?

Unfortunately they've all come true.

trump's pentagon moves--removing Esper and replacing him with someone who was 12th in line, along with the removal of other Pentagon officials, is certainly worrisome. Is he planning on going to war with Iran, pulling out of Afghanistan (to have some sort of legacy besides dirty air and water?) or just destabilizing US security to make putin happy?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2932 on: November 13, 2020, 07:09:06 am »
Another sore maga loser:

A Trump supporter filed a restraining order against his neighbours who he claims taunted him over Joe Biden’s election win.

Michael Mason says he took legal action after being “harassed” by his Democratic supporting neighbours who he says mocked him over Trump’s loss.

Mr Mason filed a restraining order to have the neighbours stay 100 feet away from his home after Mr Biden became the president-elect.

And he says he even called the police after the neighbouring children chanted about Mr Biden’s win to upset his own children, according to CBS13.

“I didn’t want to do this. They’re making me have to do this,” said Mr Mason.

“I’m tired of getting harassed all the time,” Mason said.

“My kids don’t want to come outside.”

Mr Mason also says the neighbours wrote “BLM” and “LGBTQ” in chalk on the pavement outside his home.

“I went down there and asked them, ‘Well, why didn’t you write this in front of your house, or anybody else’s house? Why mine?’ And they just laughed at me,” he said.