Read 53793 times

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2020, 07:39:05 am »
biden isn't as deeply despised as clinton was in 2016. but he's even less inspiring somehow...

« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2020, 12:46:44 pm »
Are you a natural moron or do  you have to expend a special amount of effort to demonstrate your foolishness?
  Do you really think a dementia (Alzheimer's) sufferer is even going to be capable of knowing where/who he is in November...?>
  Christ, I've just got back here from my vacation and I'm running into this kind of idiocy...~!
You ever hear of Mel Carnahan?

Voters will overlook a lot if they despise the other guy. Look, I'm one of the Trump defenders on this site, but you need to be real about his chances and his strengths and his weaknesses.

"U.S. forces conducted an airstrike against Taliban fighters in Helmand, Afghanistan, Wednesday, the first such strike since the two sides signed a historic peace deal. ..After the phone call, Trump told reporters that his relationship with Baradar was "very good" and that the Taliban "want to cease the violence."

Another trump non-deal deal.

Biden is going to beat him like a drum.
Would either side trust the other if they just immediately caved to everything?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2020, 07:06:59 pm »
Great idea. Sign a peace treaty and then immediately go back to fighting to show you're trustworthy.

Brilliant!

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2020, 08:50:30 pm »
Great idea. Sign a peace treaty and then immediately go back to fighting to show you're trustworthy.

Brilliant!

Kind of like North Korea.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:38:13 am by kyndo »

« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2020, 07:34:18 am »
Trump calls WHO's global death rate from coronavirus 'a false number'

“I think the 3.4% is really a false number,”
“Now, this is just my hunch,”
“based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this, because a lot of people will have this, and it’s very mild – they’ll get better very rapidly, they don’t even see a doctor, they don’t even call a doctor.”
“You never hear about those people, so you can’t put them down in the category of the overall population, in terms of this corona flu, and/or virus. So you just can’t do that.”
“You know, all of a sudden it seems like 3 or 4%, which is a very high number, as opposed to a fraction of 1%,”
“But again, they don’t know about the easy cases because the easy cases don’t go to the hospital. They don’t report to doctors or the hospital in many cases. So I think that that number is very high. I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1%.”
“If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better, and then when you do have a death, like you’ve had in the state of Washington, like you had one in California, I believe you had one in New York.”

At that time, there were no deaths in New York. 

This is the same ignorant guy who hasn't listened to anything anyone has said about the virus for months, like the vaccines etc.  So now he's an expert on percentages?  Give over.  This guy is watching fox all day and spreading their lies and misinformation.  trump is crapping himself as even though there was a rate cut, the Dow Jones is still dropping. 

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2020, 08:14:54 am »
Not having a  go Ron but why are you so obssessed with Trump and US politics? You post about it more than anyone on here with the exception of Gogators and maybe DM, who are Americans.

« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2020, 09:05:58 am »
Not having a  go Ron but why are you so obssessed with Trump and US politics? You post about it more than anyone on here with the exception of Gogators and maybe DM, who are Americans.

It's not really an obsession Stoat (others may disagree), I'm just more amazed and aghast at how someone like trump could a: be elected and b: people still think he's doing a competent job and that he could even be reelected.  Believe it or not, my degree was in Politics, so I have an interest in it.  So this is kind of a ridiculous situation whereby a reality tv show celebrity who was born into wealth, who has shown himself to be a racist, misogynistic, ignorant (amongst many of his negative traits) compulsive liar could become the US president.  He's almost the complete opposite of Obama.  Not sure whether it's just a perfect storm of an uneducated populace, the stupid US electoral choice of only two parties, misinformation spread on social media, the kneejerk reaction after having the first black president, Russian interference in the elections etc etc etc that someone like trump could even be close to becoming president.  British politics may be totally fooked, but US politics is way more of a car crash that is hard not to gawk at. 

During this Coronavirus outbreak, just listening to his meeting with the pharmaceutical companies, and this one shows he's totally gone in the head.  No wonder he's put pence in charge of it, because pence will fail, which means trump can say that he's not responsible for the failure. 

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2020, 10:33:52 am »
He was elected because people use the term ‘uneducated populace’ towards those who have a different opinion.
Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2020, 10:57:18 am »
And the right have responded with arguments like these

https://yournews.com/2020/02/12/1449692/survey-finds-people-who-identify-as-left-wing-more-likely-to/

None of it gets us anywhere. Maybe we should go back to making property ownership a pre-requisite for suffrage.

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2020, 01:42:45 pm »
He was elected because people use the term ‘uneducated populace’ towards those who have a different opinion.
Exactly.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2020, 05:41:44 pm »

Sounds awfully snowflakey.

• Colburnnn
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2020, 06:13:14 pm »
For the supposedly educated side, calling people dumbasses wasn’t exactly the most convincing campaign strategy.

And ‘vote for me, I have a vagina’ didn’t work either.

This year, speaking to people in Spanish. Wonder how well that will go down...

Haven't you got some pictures of birds to be jacking off to, son?

Colburnnn: Complains a lot, very sassy. Has a loudmouth.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2020, 06:22:26 pm »
regardless of which party trump represents, i can't really understand how people think he has been a good president. i mean, the amount of embarrassing shit i hear him say/tweet weekly alone...

actually, for you trump supporters, what do you think trump has done well so far? i'm not having a go, i would genuinely like to know

« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2020, 09:29:02 pm »
regardless of which party trump represents, i can't really understand how people think he has been a good president. i mean, the amount of embarrassing shit i hear him say/tweet weekly alone...

actually, for you trump supporters, what do you think trump has done well so far? i'm not having a go, i would genuinely like to know
It's not so much that he has done anything well, I mean, I have said a bunch of times he's been rather inconsequential. The economy has done decently under him. I think each of the trade deals he did was a minor improvement, but add those together and it's a decent win. He has kept us out of expanding wars and may actually get us out of Afghanistan.

But mostly it's just how the left have completely lost their mind over Trump. The most unhinged, hyperbolic nonsense everyday about how we're all doomed because of Trump. Reflexively adopting radicsl positions just because they're the opposite of Trump. It's like the Tea Party but somehow even more off their rocker.

That and the SJW nutjobs need to be checked. Until the Dems crush them out of their party, I'm sticking GOP.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2020, 10:01:00 pm »
It's not so much that he has done anything well, I mean, I have said a bunch of times he's been rather inconsequential. The economy has done decently under him. I think each of the trade deals he did was a minor improvement, but add those together and it's a decent win. He has kept us out of expanding wars and may actually get us out of Afghanistan.

But mostly it's just how the left have completely lost their mind over Trump. The most unhinged, hyperbolic nonsense everyday about how we're all doomed because of Trump. Reflexively adopting radicsl positions just because they're the opposite of Trump. It's like the Tea Party but somehow even more off their rocker.

That and the SJW nutjobs need to be checked. Until the Dems crush them out of their party, I'm sticking GOP.

GOP doesn't exist anymore. It's the party of Trump and he let's "Republicans" know it. All the nutjobs are on the Trump side.

The party of Lincoln and Reagan has been dead since he won the Republican nomination and the party needs to rid itself of this Trump worship.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2020, 10:15:30 pm »

ok, so you admit he's been inconsequential, and you're saying the left have "lost their mind" and are "nutjobs"

if i was an undecided voter, you're hardly persuading me to vote republican

• stoat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• seoul
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2020, 01:36:57 am »

gogators would do that for me, singlehandedly. Well, maybe with a bit of help from AOC.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:49:36 am by stoat »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2020, 05:00:45 am »
gogators would do that for me, singlehandedly. Well, maybe with a bit of help from AOC.
Great to hear I have that much influence over you. Sad to hear you don't have a mind of your own.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2020, 05:01:31 am »
GOP=Frightened White Man's Freedom Freedom Party

« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2020, 05:16:53 am »
Basically, for me, it's pretty much to stop the unhinged left. Heck, some of them make AOC look moderate. At least with AOC I get the sense that some of it is an act. The Dems have shown little willingness to stand up to the lunatic fringe of their party. The Republicans at least have gone with someone who is a relative social moderate in Trump and aren't as unhinged as they are portrayed. Of course in time, we'll have to check them as well, just like we checked them after Bush. Heck, even most of the retrogrades in the GOP right now would basically take us back to 1991. Not the greatest of times, but it's livable. The lunatic lefties? We're talking Brave New World. The grand plan is check the unhinged left, then when the right starts to go bezerk, turn around and check them with a moderate Democrat. Joe Biden would have been that, but he's clearly not capable of standing up to anyone or getting a grip on anything.

Bernie actually was sort of doing it, until he threw in with AOC and the lunatic left. I don't mind some of his more lefty policies on health care and such, but if he lets himself get trapped by the identity politics crowd? Oof.