Read 669 times

• Periwinkle
  • Veteran

• December 13, 2010, 06:34:34 am
    • South Korea
Newly certified teachers...Where are you?!
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:38:56 pm »
*If this topic has been covered, my apologies and feel free to guide me to the link* 
Did a search and came up empty.

For those newly certified teachers (working in internationals schools w/prior experience in Korean public schools),

How competitive did you find the process to obtain a position within an international school (with no job related experience)? 

How long was the employment process? (From submission of app to first day of job) Any regrets?
Did you find it easier to find a position in an international school in Korea if you were already in Korea OR did you have to first return to your home country for experience?

Any suggestions on best methods to  find international employment for the newbies?

Please and thank you

Edit: Feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:45:10 pm by Periwinkle »

Re: Newly certified teachers...Where are you?!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 10:15:43 am »
If you are fully certified or willing to take a few courses to become  a fully accredited teacher, you could easily apply for native speaker positions at schools in Holland or in the rest of Europe.
Your pay will be around 3k-5k euros, (lowest pay equals 4,3 million Kwon I think, but that's for complete and utter novices) with an average of 20-hours per week of teaching and 18% to 30% tax.

As to date there were over 200 vacancies for the 2019-2020 school year.

What kind of courses can one take from here? I'd love to be able to apply for jobs like these.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Re: Newly certified teachers...Where are you?!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 08:59:25 am »
Certified teachers are in other countries making more I assume.