Read 716 times

• LIC
  • Veteran

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
The newest generation
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:20:08 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: The newest generation
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:04:48 pm »
Hmmm.  The newest generation is 0 to, say, 10.  So yeah, they are all those things.

Except hopefully not living in the basement.

Also, you don't come off looking very mature here.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 07:48:00 am »
I cannot judge the newest generation in the west. Except that I want to say that listening to AOC and Bernie S. might be an idea. In the U.K., those youngsters who should be supporting Jeremy Corbyn are withdrawing their support if he does not try to support the Remain campaign. YES I want to remain, but it might be possible to leave the EU gently and still have a couple of advantages. Or have I had too much to drink?

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 07:53:17 am »
Damn kids today with their jazz and zoot suits!
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 09:47:26 am »
oldmanshoutsatcloud.jpeg

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 12:24:24 pm »
The older generation will always say bad things about the current generation.

I got the, I had to walk 20 km to school thing and my dad who loved classical music hated the then modern music of Elvis, Cliff Richard, the Beatles etc. He said no decent music was written since the invention of the electric guitar.

Anyway, it was quite funny when some orchestra got hold of some Beatles music and made an instrumental of it and I caught him listening to that and he had to admit it was good music.   ;D ;D

So, this will never change and the older generation will always have something negative to say, wash, rinse, repeat. I don't think the present generation is any dumber than my generation but I have some concerns/dislikes about them.

1.  Entitlement, that is something we never had. The only thing I was entitle to was a beating if my mom thought I needed it. She thought I needed it a lot.     ;D ;D

2.  I really can't handle rap music (and opera).

3. I worry too about their (and our) dependence on smartphones etc.

4. I think it is to their disadvantage too that they can receive instant gratification for entertainment.  They are easily bored and don't look for other stimuli other than their phone, computer etc. That in my opinion is a bad thing.

Anyway, I am teaching this generation and hopefully we can all make some difference for good in their lives.
Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 09:12:55 pm »
Quote from: Socrates
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.
Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Socrates (469399 B.C.)
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 11:15:17 pm »
Damn kids today with their jazz and zoot suits!
And their Zubaz pants and printer phones!!!  I'm sick of it!

• LIC
  • Veteran

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »
Hmmm.  The newest generation is 0 to, say, 10.  So yeah, they are all those things.

Except hopefully not living in the basement.

Also, you don't come off looking very mature here.

Maturity is for old people. So, grab your newspaper and slippers, plunk down in the rocker with your pipe and hot cocoa and take a load off. Don;t forget to groan a bit as you sit down. Maybe a complaint about your knees, just for dramatic effect.

:-)

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 09:48:55 am »
This...again? I feel like this forum is constantly just old people whinging about the youth.

Back in my day...yada yada.

Let's talk about all the crap previous generations did...

You know the generations that took retirement at 55, were able to afford houses etc etc.

Get your rose tinted glasses off, every generation is hated by the previous and have there own problems.

It's boring.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 09:54:42 am »

• LIC
  • Veteran

• NE Hemisphere
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 10:00:36 am »
This...again? I feel like this forum is constantly just old people whinging about the youth.

You know the generations that took retirement at 55, were able to afford houses etc etc.

Get your rose tinted glasses off, every generation is hated by the previous and have there own problems.

It's boring.

What does old constitute?

I seriously doubt "every" generation is "hated" by the previous, and I suspect you mean the opposite.

I also think facts bear out that the baby boomers will probably be historically remembered as the most fortunate, and given to, generation. 

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 10:07:11 am »
every generation is hated by the previous

And vice versa by the looks of it.

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 10:38:45 am »
every generation is hated by the previous

And vice versa by the looks of it.

Probably. Who can blame them?

Millennials are blamed for EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:42:58 am by debbiem89 »

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 10:42:43 am »

It's boring.

What does old constitute?

I seriously doubt "every" generation is "hated" by the previous, and I suspect you mean the opposite.

I also think facts bear out that the baby boomers will probably be historically remembered as the most fortunate, and given to, generation. 

No I don't mean the opposite at all. The ones who come before always think the youth is messing stuff up.

Baby boomers are probably the most fortunate and yet they're still slagging off the younger generations, completely ignorant of that fact.

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 11:18:40 am »
As Generation x I don't hate the baby boomers or the Millennials. The former had post war austerity, only 10% of people going to university, a lot more people working DDD jobs, no internet, hardly any foreign travel, 3 channels on TV etc..Sure they could buy a house, which their millennial Gen x kids will inherit. My millennial niece aged 25 has just bought her own place in the Midlands and has been to places I only dreamt about at her age. 

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 11:49:37 am »
I first noticed a generation gap when I was 25 years old in grad school and I heard "Kurt Cobain" had died and I said: "Who?" My undergrad students reacted like I had swore at their granny.

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 12:26:44 pm »
As Generation x I don't hate the baby boomers or the Millennials. The former had post war austerity, only 10% of people going to university, a lot more people working DDD jobs, no internet, hardly any foreign travel, 3 channels on TV etc..Sure they could buy a house, which their millennial Gen x kids will inherit. My millennial niece aged 25 has just bought her own place in the Midlands and has been to places I only dreamt about at her age. 

I mean I think the standard is generations hating on the ones coming after.

Look at the options on the poll....

You've not picked out any of the bad things that Millenials have to cope with weirdly, but ok.

• HappyPlanetAbuser
  • Veteran

• May 30, 2019, 11:30:16 pm
    • in my car polluting your air
    more
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 06:35:39 am »
Some AOP's moaning on about their lives being threatened by Bernie?
Drumpf kopf 2020!

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 03:11:36 pm »
I cannot judge the newest generation in the west. Except that I want to say that listening to AOC and Bernie S. might be an idea. In the U.K., those youngsters who should be supporting Jeremy Corbyn are withdrawing their support if he does not try to support the Remain campaign. YES I want to remain, but it might be possible to leave the EU gently and still have a couple of advantages. Or have I had too much to drink?

They have only ever had pro-EU media indoctrination and zero understanding of history, so yeah, very unsurprising that they are mostly remainers.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Voting now closed I see but yes, they seem very delicate and generally incapable, yet with that sense of entitlement and moral superiority that only intense politically correct programming can produce.

Although westerners have generally been arrogant know-it-alls since at least the 80's (even though lacking any direct experience of what they claim to know about).
Catch my drift?