Read 3997 times

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: Are Koreans intentionally rude, or is it just culture?
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2019, 10:24:32 am »
The point was that DM said I ranted about the CCP and that insinuated I didn't like China and was complaining about it. Nothing is further from the truth, I loved the Chinese people and was very sad to leave. I really hate the CCP though and especially for what it is doing to its citizens.
Never said you DID rant about the Chinese people, but yes, you have started to rant about the CCP (which you didn't before) and the CCP is part of 'China', a big part. You may think there was an insinuation there, but there wasn't.

the second point I made is that DM says in order for Seoul to be a good place to live, there needs to be some trade offs, my point is that in a city like Taipei, they have got it right to have world class living with no trade offs, so there is no reason why Seoul can't do it too.
Lets give you a few years before you say there's no trade-offs. If you're having world-class living, someone, somewhere is getting f*cked. You just haven't stumbled across it yet.

Everything has its price.

Edit- Quick google search and LOL, might as well be reading about Korea
https://movetotaiwan.com/errrgggghhhh-dealing-with-culture-shock-when-living-in-taiwan/
http://jsphfrtz.com/taiwan-has-the-worst-culture/  (This is about expat culture, not Taiwanese culture)
https://tw.forumosa.com/t/taiwanese-food-sucks/169558
https://scintilatebrightly.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/10-things-i-hate-about-taiwan/
This is the thing though. Everyone complains about everywhere. It's why when you get people going "man waygook is so negative and anti korea". It really isn't. It's a run of the mill forum of foreigners talking about living in a new country.
My wife is a member of a Naver cafe for Koreans living in New Zealand and she said it's 90% complaining about New Zealand, 10% people giving advice on how to scam immigration or the welfare system.

Just curious, what are some of the things they complain about in NZ?
NZers are racist. Some people smell. The internet sucks and is too expensive. Shops close at 5pm. There's no "night culture". Eating out is so expensive. Maori people receive a weekly $1000 payment from the government for doing nothing. There are too many Chinese people. Why do people drive into parking spaces instead of reversing in. Kiwi culture is lazy. I went to the doctor with a cold and he told me to go home and rest and drink lots of water. Kiwis don't like Koreans. Korea is more exciting than NZ.

I agree with the bold parts.
Italic would be just a cultural difference, as we can get cold medicine at the supermarket / pharmacy easy and don't really see doctors for a cold; they probably weren't aware / not used to that.
I find Korea about as fun as NZ TBH, Korea is a nice country but, I find it as boring/exciting as NZ. an ex-Korean friend of mine used to say Korea is more fun than NZ, she's not married or anything to a NZ guy, and she keeps going to NZ for a number of years, coming back to Korea, then moving back to NZ not long after.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2019, 11:37:27 am »

NZers are racist. Some people smell. The internet sucks and is too expensive. Shops close at 5pm. There's no "night culture". Eating out is so expensive. Maori people receive a weekly $1000 payment from the government for doing nothing. There are too many Chinese people. Why do people drive into parking spaces instead of reversing in. Kiwi culture is lazy. I went to the doctor with a cold and he told me to go home and rest and drink lots of water. Kiwis don't like Koreans. Korea is more exciting than NZ.
[/quote]

Italic would be just a cultural difference, as we can get cold medicine at the supermarket / pharmacy easy and don't really see doctors for a cold; they probably weren't aware / not used to that.
I find Korea about as fun as NZ TBH, Korea is a nice country but, I find it as boring/exciting as NZ. an ex-Korean friend of mine used to say Korea is more fun than NZ, she's not married or anything to a NZ guy, and she keeps going to NZ for a number of years, coming back to Korea, then moving back to NZ not long after.
[/quote]
You think Maori get paid $1000 a week to sit at home?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2019, 01:22:04 pm »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Some do but, obviously, not all. Usually it's the dole bludger ones.
I used to work in a supermarket and I'd regularly see the same Maori families come in each week with 200 - 300 winz vouchers;
They'd then use cash to buy a crap ton of beer and smokes.
Also, because of something to do with the treaty, the government is meant to be paying some Maori royalty dude a bunch of money each year, that is meant to be split between all the Maori tribes  and be able to be used by any Maori (that is still part of the tribe).
My step family is Maori, and they used to be able to get some of that money but, then their tribe leader changed, and was greedy, and my step family cut ties with the tribe.

Again, it's not every Maori.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2019, 01:30:02 pm »

[/quote]

Some do but, obviously, not all. Usually it's the dole bludger ones.
I used to work in a supermarket and I'd regularly see the same Maori families come in each week with 200 - 300 winz vouchers;
They'd then use cash to buy a crap ton of beer and smokes.
Also, because of something to do with the treaty, the government is meant to be paying some Maori royalty dude a bunch of money each year, that is meant to be split between all the Maori tribes  and be able to be used by any Maori (that is still part of the tribe).
My step family is Maori, and they used to be able to get some of that money but, then their tribe leader changed, and was greedy, and my step family cut ties with the tribe.

Again, it's not every Maori.
[/quote]

Oh, and it says weekly, not monthly.
Man, I'm too tired today haha.

• grey
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 08, 2011, 04:47:11 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2019, 03:18:13 pm »
Do you have the URL of the forum you mentioned?
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP