Read 121 times

Connecting an Xbox controller to PC
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:20:24 am »
Fellow gamers,

After a long hiatus, I'm looking to rejoin the world of gaming.

Am I right in thinking the old keyboard and mouse is outdated for first-person shooters, and the like?

If so, does anyone have experience procuring and connecting an Xbox/PS4 controller? Is E-mart worth a try? I guess I'd need a wireless dongle or something as well? 

Thanks in advance :)

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
Re: Connecting an Xbox controller to PC
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:07 am »
A keyboard & mouse will always be superior to a controller for FPSs. If that's the kind of game you're looking to play, you don't need to worry about a controller at all. The only time I get out a controller is for platformers or button-mashers/beat-em-ups.

I brought a wired 360 controller with me when I moved here, so I can't speak for how to acquire one, but there's zero set up necessary most of the time. Just plug it in and it'll automatically be ready to go. Dunno about PS4 controllers.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:36:37 am »
Fellow gamers,

After a long hiatus, I'm looking to rejoin the world of gaming.

Am I right in thinking the old keyboard and mouse is outdated for first-person shooters, and the like?

no. if you try to play an FPS on a PC with a controller (against people playing with a mouse and keyboard), you're gonna have a really bad time.

anyway, if you really want to do it (for comfort or whatever other reason you might have), then go for it.

xbox controllers connect to PC fairly seamlessly. i'm pretty sure you need third party software to get PS4 controllers working.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 12:02:02 am »
You can google for it and windows10 Xbox store does support it.

you might be better off with a Steelseries Stratus, works flawlessly with your phone as well.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/stratus-xl-for-windows-and-android
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed