Read 306 times

What If The Recruiter DOESN'T Give Contact Details?
« on: May 14, 2019, 09:35:12 pm »
   This is my question. I am used to recruiters posting job ads with a website or e-mail address to which applicants can send their resume, photo, etc. So why is it that often people will write "lovely school in Seoul, please send me your resume and documents," but with no contact details whatsoever?

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Gouda cheese Be Best cheese
Re: What If The Recruiter DOESN'T Give Contact Details?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:51:48 am »
doesn't their fee amount to 10mill. per teacher? They'd lose that fee if you were to approach the school without them.
Fiat voluntas tua- All that you want is allowed

• NorthStar
  • Super Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:25:55 am »
   This is my question. I am used to recruiters posting job ads with a website or e-mail address to which applicants can send their resume, photo, etc. So why is it that often people will write "lovely school in Seoul, please send me your resume and documents," but with no contact details whatsoever?

90% of the recruiters and agencies out there are unprofessional, mentally derelict human beings. 

Many of the jobs they post are not even real, all designed to have you jumping from one  nugget of fool's gold, to the next...until they finally get you at the actual position. 

Is it not a mystery as to why most of them do NOT identify who they are on Craigslist?

• Oupa Grey
  • Adventurer

• January 29, 2019, 10:56:47 am
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 07:13:44 am »
Yup - and the best is when they pretend that it's a direct hire and then reply with a link or form to fill out all your information and tell them what types of positions you're looking for.

Applicant: "I'm looking for...the position I applied for"

Recruiter: "Oh! They JUST hired someone for that. But we have this 9-7 job teaching kiddies all day - it's almost like the adult  and high school gig we advertised"

Appliucant: "No it isn't. Not at all. Please delete my documents"

Recruiter: "When is your start date?"

CL (and other sites) really needs to make it mandatory to fully disclose who is putting up the ad and if it's a recruiter to say so clearly.

PS I never deal with recruiters - haven't had a job from one in a few years. I just come across them when the above happens (which has been a fair amount actually).

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 11:08:39 pm »
Message for SanderB: sometimes the problem is that the recruiter doesn't even post the recruiter's own contact details, with the result that there is no way to send my resume and photo or other stuff. That's a problem. Of course they may imagine that I am going to give them my own details first, but it seems quite slapdash for someone to post a job and give no contact details from anyone except the epithet "newgookin."