Read 211 times

• 303lmc
  • Newgookin

• March 05, 2019, 05:23:12 pm
    • Gwangju
afterschool for 3rd & 4th grade ideas please
« on: May 13, 2019, 01:54:37 pm »
greetings!I
I am running out of ideas for 3rd & 4th grade after school class. My students are definitely NOT interested in a ppt type learning lesson, but really like games. Connect 4 is the favorite. However what happens is only one person speaks and the rest just goof off. I played 4 corners with them in class one day and I think they hated it. One wouldn't even participate! It's just me trying to explain what we're doing to about 8 or so kids, half of which come in late. So it can't be too complicated. Hang man only goes so far and i think i'm over doing origami!
Please help! i would love to teach them something or add to the lesson plans but am running out of ideas. I've looked over some ideas on here already. They're either too low or too high learning and or too complicated to explain.  Also, the VP doesn't want 3rd & 4th grade writing sentences, or I would go that route. TIA!

• bb459
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2019, 06:19:42 pm
    • South Korea
Re: afterschool for 3rd & 4th grade ideas please
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:52:12 pm »
hello

eslintherok.com

has free games and templates that are awesome for this.
I also teach 3rd and 4th grade after school.
eslintherok.com you go there. pick your game and type in your vocab words and phrases and it makes the game for you.

the ones they love most are
Matching Game
Elimination Game
Stars Game
Letter Bowling
Hot Potato

This doesn't answer all you problems but it definitely is something to take up time and supplement the lessons they are learning in English class!
I often show a youtube video on cars or homes or nature or animals or something and then use one of these games for them to practice the new vocab and phrases