Read 5099 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: North Koreans Harassed on Street for Wearing MAGA Hats
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2019, 07:29:51 pm »
You know what DM...I give up.

You’ve been caught out multiple times making statements that have been demonstrated to be outright false and you’re here claiming “it isn’t about the truth for me”  :laugh:
You mean like Trump called Nazis "fine people"? That has been disproven such that you aren't even debating it. Instead it's "Well the fine people were in the same area as the Nazis, so that somehow makes them Nazis".
It's the Nazis who came up with the big lie concept that you and trump adhere to. 

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2019, 07:31:22 pm »
I think that people need to consider that “what they are saying” is not always “what others are hearing.”

A red MAGA hat has a non-trivial chance of being “heard” as “the wearer is both stupid and bigoted” regardless of the wearer’s intend message.

I think if you choose to wear one, you need to be prepared for the backlash.

I’m not excusing anybody for their reaction to it, but it is entirely predictable.

Agreed.  If I see someone wearing a MAGA hat, I'll automatically assume know they're an idiot.  It's the same if I go to Greece and see a middle-aged guy, with a load of tattoos wearing a Union Jack t-shirt.  Not saying they're all cutns, just that first impression is a strong one when someone decides to wear something with a little bit of a message about who they are. 

"Agreed.  If I see someone wearing a MAGA hat, I'll automatically assume know they're an idiot."

Curious. Do you self-identify as a liberal/democrat? If so, how do you rationalize the hypocrisy?
Curious. do you self-identify as as a reactionary/repugnican?

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2019, 07:44:21 am »
I think that people need to consider that “what they are saying” is not always “what others are hearing.”

A red MAGA hat has a non-trivial chance of being “heard” as “the wearer is both stupid and bigoted” regardless of the wearer’s intend message.

I think if you choose to wear one, you need to be prepared for the backlash.

I’m not excusing anybody for their reaction to it, but it is entirely predictable.

Agreed.  If I see someone wearing a MAGA hat, I'll automatically assume know they're an idiot.  It's the same if I go to Greece and see a middle-aged guy, with a load of tattoos wearing a Union Jack t-shirt.  Not saying they're all cutns, just that first impression is a strong one when someone decides to wear something with a little bit of a message about who they are. 

"Agreed.  If I see someone wearing a MAGA hat, I'll automatically assume know they're an idiot."

Curious. Do you self-identify as a liberal/democrat? If so, how do you rationalize the hypocrisy?

Choose a statement:
A. Minority groups like blacks, gays etc choose to black or gay or other minority group.
B. People who wear MAGA hats were born wearing MAGA hats and it's not their "fault".

There are no other choices except:
C. The claim of hypocrisy is totally bogus.

« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2019, 07:58:01 am »
I think that the criteria for most of us regarding "Who we get our talking points from" is "Does this person agree with my views?

Why not, 'Do I agree with their views?
That's about 20% of it. 80% of it is "Do they validate me?". Basic psychology and human behavior.

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2019, 08:18:31 am »
It's the Nazis who came up with the big lie concept that you and trump adhere to. 
The big lie is telling the public Trump called Nazis fine people, when the record shows he did not. He explicitly condemned them.

Look at the mental gymnastics people are going through to cling to that, even when presented with an actual transcript of the conversation.

Choose a statement:
A. Minority groups like blacks, gays etc choose to black or gay or other minority group.
B. People who wear MAGA hats were born wearing MAGA hats and it's not their "fault".

Do you think its wise to assume that every person who holds a different political opinion to you is likely an idiot?

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2019, 11:42:51 am »
The big lie is telling the public Trump called Nazis fine people, when the record shows he did not. He explicitly condemned them.

Look at the mental gymnastics people are going through to cling to that, even when presented with an actual transcript of the conversation.

Choose a statement:

Do you think its wise to assume that every person who holds a different political opinion to you is likely an idiot?
That's not what I was talking about, but of course you edited out what I replying to, since you're a liar that way ...

I was responding to the idea that making quick judgments about people people according to their skin color is the same as making judgments about people who CHOOSE to wear MAGA hats (for example). And it's not the same, and so it's not hypocritical to engage in one and not the other.  It may not be wise, but it's not bigotry. 

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2019, 12:04:31 pm »

Choose a statement:

That's not what I was talking about, but of course you edited out what I replying to, since you're a liar that way ...

I was responding to the idea that making quick judgments about people people according to their skin color is the same as making judgments about people who CHOOSE to wear MAGA hats (for example). And it's not the same, and so it's not hypocritical to engage in one and not the other.  It may not be wise, but it's not bigotry. 

Well, I'd agree with that and MAGA hats are a behavior rather than something inherited (or are they? Will genetics reveal something different?)  Looking at all the different people out there who lean right or left to some degree or another, I've found good and bad people all over the spectrum, as well as among those who couldn't be arsed about politics.