Read 2981 times

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
Re: Shop owners try and halt Costco with laughable fine.
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2019, 02:25:31 pm »
Costco in Korea is not as bulk geared as North American Costcos are.  For example, you don't need to buy two or three packs of the shampoo and conditioner. It's a bigger bottle than normal, but not what I would consider bulk.  The only things really bulk there nowadays are some baked goods and things you do use a lot of for businesses (condiments, cooking ingredients).  But, I would say a lot less is bulk nowadays then people are talking like it is in this forum.  Many things I can just buy a decent size box of and not feel like i'm wasting it as a two person household (or three when the kid is back from Uni).

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2019, 05:42:36 pm »
Costco in Korea is not as bulk geared as North American Costcos are.  For example, you don't need to buy two or three packs of the shampoo and conditioner. It's a bigger bottle than normal, but not what I would consider bulk.  The only things really bulk there nowadays are some baked goods and things you do use a lot of for businesses (condiments, cooking ingredients).  But, I would say a lot less is bulk nowadays then people are talking like it is in this forum.  Many things I can just buy a decent size box of and not feel like i'm wasting it as a two person household (or three when the kid is back from Uni).
Yeah. They have gone from the “giant can of tuna” to the “many normal cans of tuna in cello-wrap” model.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2019, 12:43:55 pm »
Yeah. They have gone from the “giant can of tuna” to the “many normal cans of tuna in cello-wrap” model.

Yeah, most of the things that come wrapped in multiples now are the same products you find wrapped in multiples at your local store.