Read 914 times

• chunsa94
  • Waygookin

• January 26, 2017, 08:52:37 am
    • Daejeon
Spongebob Summer Camp
« on: April 26, 2019, 08:28:13 am »
My students really enjoyed this but to do it, you have to be flexible! There are some outside activities but because it was too hot, we had to do some things inside so be prepared for that. My camp was 4 days each for 3rd/4th graders and 5/6th graders.

(Sorry about the ugly font but I used a Spongebob font I found online that my school made me delete after my camp was over haha)

(Also I went through the episodes and found the most important words for them to understand and taught them to the students before we watched so they could understand better.)

Day 1/4:
1. I showed the Spongebob theme song and introduced the kids to the characters' English names.
2. We went over the rules and reward system, then the kids made nametags. (We used papers that they could cut and fold and
    they could decorate the characters on it.)
3. Introduced the "Krabby Patty Challenge." We ordered some buckets of those trolli gummy hamburgers and put them in a
    huge tub and the kids could guess how many were in it. At the end of the week, we choose the 6 closest people and split the
    tub between them. They could look at it every day and change their guess if they wanted to but at the end of the 3rd of the
    day, they had to give me their final guesses.
4. Watched the Bubble Buddy episode
5. Had a "Bubble Palooza." The weather was too hot for my 5th and 6th graders to do it outside so we brought in newspapers and layered the classroom floor.
    a.)  Bubble Pop: Each team will have one person blow bubbles. Students count how many bubbles
          they pop. Stress that they should be honest.
    b.) Hula Hoop Drift: Each person in the team takes turns blowing bubbles through a hula hoop. Only 2
          teams can go at a time. Me and my co counted the bubbles that made it through. (Hard to do
          outside because of the wind.)
    c.) Bubble Blast: Each person in the team takes one big breath and blows. We count how many
         bubbles that came out. Team that blew the most bubbles collectively won. 
6. Create Your Own Imaginary Friend Activity (using some kind of sticky wood, paper string, and wire)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:04:34 am by chunsa94 »

• chunsa94
  • Waygookin

• Daejeon
Re: Spongebob Summer Camp
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 08:39:12 am »

Day 2/4:
1. We made Sand Clay Hands using sand, flour, salt and water. To get them to dry, we took the mesh panels off our classroom
    windows and set them outside on this flat area next to the kindy playground at our school in the back so they wouldn't be
    bothered.
2. Watched the F.U.N episode.
3. Had Red Rover planned but didn't get to it in either camp.
4. Made friendship bracelets but instead of using regular string, we used that plastic string. Design we used is in the ppt.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:04:08 am by chunsa94 »

• chunsa94
  • Waygookin

• Daejeon
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 09:03:37 am »
Day 3/4:
1. Watched the Fry Cook Games episode
2. Held our own Fry Cook Games
    a.) Mrs. Puff Float:  With a spoon, each team has to attempt to fill up their own cup with enough water to make the ping pong
         ball inside of it float to the rim of the cup.
    b.) Sticky Ball/Sponge Toss: For 3rd and 4th grade, it was cool enough to be outside so we used sponges soaked in water and
         played it dodgeball style. For 5th and 6th, it was too hot so we used these sticky balls we had in our classroom and just had
         them pair up and throw them. If they couldn't catch them with their plates, they were out. After each back and forth they
         had to step back one step.
    c.) Mr. Krabs' Treasure Race: Relay race using crabwalking. At the end of one side of a room was a plate of coins. They had to
         each grab one coin and bring it back.
    d.) Cupside Down:  There was an Up team and a Down team. We laid out a bunch of paper cups knocked over on the floor.
         When I said go, students on the Up team had to turn the cups up and the Down team had to turn them down. At the end
         of 1 minute, we counted to see which team had the most cups turned up or down. 
3. We gave them a short time to decorate their Sand Clay Hands from the day before. Fabric markers worked best.
4. Friendship Musical Chairs if you have time.
5. Next, we made Watermelon Punch. My coteacher got a watermelon delivered and we cut it up and gave each student a slice.
    Using a spoon, they scooped the watermelon into a bowl. When they were done, we poured Milkis in it and they ate it. (I
    thought it was gross honestly but I learned it's a popular snack here.)

• chunsa94
  • Waygookin

• Daejeon
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 09:09:55 am »
Day 4/4:
1. We watched the Pizza Delivery episode.
2. Cooking class making pizza using tortillas, pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and pineapples.
3. Watched the Spongebob movie
4. Finally, we handed out certificates and awarded the candy to the students who guessed correctly.

Done!

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:31:42 pm »
Is there a ppt for the 3rd day?? Thanks in advance!