Read 1166 times

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
Re: Itís already hot
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 11:54:32 pm »
That being said, Korean schools can get damn hot and it doesn't matter what your gender or background is if the principal is trying to skimp on the A/C.
I think we've figured it out.

There's a line between "NO A/C" and "Let's put the heat on on the train in late April when everyone has their coat on."

I just find Korean workplaces are very,

"It's cold, make it hot!"

OR

"It's hot! Fukk off!"

Can't we have a middle ground?
The joys of fauxtherhood

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 12:10:30 am »
green everything

« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 04:30:46 am »
They might see the Korean office set at 25-26

How quaint, you believe the lie that Korean public schools use air conditioning in summer.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 05:22:13 am »
Coming from the U.K., these recent temperatures of 20-25 degrees is equivalent to a GOOD British summer. I canít believe Iím seeing people walking around in jackets and coats?? I even had an 아줌마 comment on my choice of clothing in the supermarket because I was in shorts and a t-shirt when it was 23 degrees. Do Korean people just not feel the heat??

WELL, it's certainly nothing like as hot as the LAST British summer. The summer of 2018 was one of the hottest ever. I spent that torrid summer teaching English in posh Cambridge, in a classroom which had one side that was entirely glass. It was like a greenhouse. Temperatures of 37 C. All of this was made worse by the fact that in England, air-conditioning is almost impossible to find.

However, I think I coped with it relatively well, because I always made sure to drink water.
I remember jogging out by the river, and people were shocked that I was doing it in that heat. But then I had spent time in Korea. I know what Korean summers feel like.

« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 06:34:00 am »

How quaint, you believe the lie that Korean public schools use air conditioning in summer.

Maybe yours didnt, mine did. Granted it was set at 26 but it kept things from getting awful.

« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 06:51:13 am »
Can't we have a middle ground?

there is no middle ground with demartian.  he only sees things in black and white and this perfect case, hot and cold.  no warm water for you CO2!  so what do you want, a cold shower or a burning hot one?

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 07:30:10 am »
Piggydee is about to go from ashy to classy in a few days!

YUP! YUP!! :-D   I see someone posted about Texas!  What you know about Texas LOL The weather down there never makes anyone ashy :-D

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 07:41:16 am »
there is no middle ground with demartian.  he only sees things in black and white and this perfect case, hot and cold.  no warm water for you CO2!  so what do you want, a cold shower or a burning hot one?
If we're talking about you and your gorgeous omelette eggs, then I need a cold shower.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 09:03:41 am »
If we're talking about you and your gorgeous omelette eggs, then I need a cold shower.

hey, it's already 'hot' between us, due to you chill addiction.   :laugh:

« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 09:33:51 am »
Yup, different people from around the world have different preferences when it comes to temperature. Welcome to living in another country.
I understand what you're saying, but I still stand by my point.

18 degrees out.
Coats on.
Full train.

There is no way anyone there is honestly thinking "Oh man, it's cold. I wish the HEAT WAS ON."

Maybe they aren't as hot as they'd like, that's a fair argument.

In that case? Suck it up. It's 21 and you want 23? Too bad. Save the energy. There's 1000 people on this train, you don't cater to the 7 people who are mildly uncomfortable.

No one was wearing big winter coats in spring on the train. Stop exaggerating.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 09:40:22 am »

What are you, seven?
The joys of fauxtherhood

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 09:43:51 am »
I still cut the heat on at my school.  Still cold.  :sad:

« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 09:47:30 am »

What are you, seven?

damn it!  your chili addiction!! 

and yes, I am seven...  :wink:

• shostager
  • Super Waygook

• November 06, 2012, 06:08:10 am
« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 09:49:22 am »
My school's still cold, too - at least the English room. It's 1.5 walls of windows and no sun (surrounded by mountains and tall buildings). The students complain every class, but the admin office has disabled the heat/cool controls in (almost) all the rooms, so not much I can do. The teachers' office is still warm, at least.

« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 10:09:20 am »
Dude, all I've done is point out how not everyone has the same temperature preferences and apparently some people can't accept or handle this. I understand some people here think their way is normal and how things should be in every instance, but that's not the case. Now I get complaining about the school not turning on the A/C when it's 32 but recognize that not everyone finds 24 warm and 26 hot and desires to sit in an 18-20 icebox. I do, but I was raised in a cold part of the U.S., with a lifetime of A/C, and am male. I don't have to worry about makeup or getting treated differently based on how short of a skirt I'm wearing. I thought the movie theater and mall were fine, even though I realized when I was 8 that a lot of other people thought they were cold and had to bring jackets.

That's not black and white, that's understanding.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #55 on: Yesterday at 10:13:48 am »
It's 17C here in my part, a lovely temperature. But still enough of a chill in the air to need a light sweater. As it's too cold without one, but just right with one on.

« Reply #56 on: Yesterday at 10:28:31 am »
Also 17oC here also. Perfect temp! I keep the windows open when the air isn't death. I like the cool breeze. Can put on a sweater/cardigan if needed.

I do know that people can have a much different enjoyable range. Winter? 18oC inside in sweaters and stuff is perfect for me. Gf is using an electric blanket and fluffy PJs and a blanket at 22oC.
I go to her moms place and I have to be in shorts always and can hardly sleep it is so hot. You will never guess where I am from though :P

« Reply #57 on: Yesterday at 06:57:33 pm »

Maybe yours didnt, mine did. Granted it was set at 26 but it kept things from getting awful.

Most Korean aircon units don't seem to do any aircon activity above 23. 24 and up it's just blowing a fan and pushing stale hot air around, and it usually gets this weird BO stank. If it's not 22 or 23 you might as well not bother having it on.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 07:05:52 pm »
One of the best moments in TV comedy history.

The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 11:35:32 pm »
Most Korean aircon units don't seem to do any aircon activity above 23. 24 and up it's just blowing a fan and pushing stale hot air around, and it usually gets this weird BO stank. If it's not 22 or 23 you might as well not bother having it on.
This one was a ceiling mount with a control panel. It blew cold air at 26. Or at least what felt like cooler air considering the temperature was Venusian.  But yeah you're right that for a lot of wall mounts, 26 might as well be recirculating our farts.