Re: English gentlemen going abroad for love
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2019, 04:14:46 pm »

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2019, 08:09:12 pm »
Marriage is often a trade of security for services, regardless of ethnic considerations.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2019, 09:35:09 pm »
Marriage is often a trade of security for services, regardless of ethnic considerations.

Ooooooh he went there!

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2019, 12:17:09 am »

Ooooooh he went there!

Only because it is true.

As women become more independent, marriage rates are falling.

• LIC
  • Veteran

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2019, 02:45:24 pm »
What I'm saying is come here. Live here. Speak the language. Embed yourself in the community for several years..then offer a freaking intelligent opinion.

Snotty rich farangs...and you wonder why these people lol at you as nothing more than ATM machines.

Thanks though, you keep me smiling

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/qa/Bo/LogicalFallacies/CA6A3mlZ/You_ve_never_experienced_X__so_you_can_t_have_an_opinion_on_it

https://www.logicalfallacies.info/relevance/appeals/appeal-to-poverty/

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/1/Ad-Hominem-Abusive

I don't agree with any of that jive. I absolutely agree with, if you ain't been there and done that your opinion is worth about as much as your personal experience.

Just my opinion, however.

• Sagi Keun
  • Adventurer

• May 10, 2018, 11:47:23 am
    • Los Angeles
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2019, 03:13:56 am »
The Brits wifing up hooker bar girls are doing them a huge favor- getting them out of a life of illegality.

Keep telling yourself that  :laugh:

In the UK they can start over with a clean slate- no one there will know about their past as a prostitute and scammer.

Wow do you seriously think your idea is original?

Sorry to spoil your cunning plan, but beta males with paid-for females are already a source of mirth in the UK. You and your "significant other" are probably better off staying in Asia.

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2019, 08:32:24 am »
One does not simply walk into the UK with a foreign spouse anymore. Those days are long gone. There are strict financial requirements now that most of the bride buying brits more than likely don't meet. After Brexit maybe it will be like the glory days of the 70/80s where you could do whatever the **** you like or maybe it will be a police state with only UK citizens allowed to marry each other.
Who is here in 2019?

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2019, 09:17:12 am »
One does not simply walk into the UK with a foreign spouse anymore. Those days are long gone. There are strict financial requirements now that most of the bride buying brits more than likely don't meet. After Brexit maybe it will be like the glory days of the 70/80s where you could do whatever the **** you like or maybe it will be a police state with only UK citizens allowed to marry each other.
even when going through UK immigration with my korean wife, i'm treated like a criminal. last time i was held up for about 30-40 minutes while they interrogated us about what our intentions were. "having a holiday for a couple of weeks" wasn't reason enough, apparently

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2019, 11:49:34 am »
I found a new one posted! But I think it is a few years old. These are American men though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycfspRPloI&t=2618s

Watch at 43:10!

I looked him up on Facebook and it says he is divorced, ouch! I am pretty sure it is him. But the public posts are old, so who knows? ... After I first watched this a few weeks ago, I looked up Anna and I found her, but I can't find her profile now.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.ireton.7/timeline?lst=63908587%3A100000882452595%3A1561088697

Does anyone else ever try to look up people they see in these documentaries?

• Colburnnn
  • Adventurer

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2019, 11:56:16 am »
even when going through UK immigration with my korean wife, i'm treated like a criminal. last time i was held up for about 30-40 minutes while they interrogated us about what our intentions were. "having a holiday for a couple of weeks" wasn't reason enough, apparently

Presume you had a return ticket to Korea? What questions were they asking and what finally satisfied them? Genuinely interested.

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2019, 08:33:39 pm »
I watched that Ukrainian documentary and I think there was one genuine couple that couple that eventually started a family together.

There were two other women there patently scammers and a fat American guy completely deluded.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2019, 10:17:21 pm »
I have never met an English gentleman.

Of course, I'm just a 50-year-old Canadian from Vancouver who has met only about 100 men from England, most of them with heavy accents, high energy, beer-swigging, dirty-joke telling personalties; some with flower-on-the-wall quiet demeanor.

Is "English gentleman" really much of a thing? (Apart from royalty, uppities and Korean perceptions based on historical stereotypes.)

Have you ever seen an English "gentleman" at a soccer game? Okay, call it "footie", still, how many of the men from England you have met overseas are actually "gentlemen"?

I have seen but not met English gentlemen three times in my half century of existence.

Calling any man from England a gentleman is a pet peeve of mine. I ain't English. And I do think some percentage of gentlemen are ASSES (to the degree that anything you see on a screen could be considered real) but i guess i hold onto notions of nobility and respectfulness that prevent me from accepting an empty definition of gentleman.

I spent a month in Thailand and met several older men from England who were there. Some of them spoke of marriage to Thais. But most talked of holidaying girlfriend type of stuff.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:28:10 pm by VanIslander »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2019, 10:24:44 pm »

Of course, I'm just a 50-year-old Canadian from Vancouver who has met only about 100 men from England, most of them with heavy accents, high energy, beer-swigging, dirty-joke telling personalties; some with flower-on-the-wall quiet demeanor.

Is "English gentleman" really much of a thing? (Apart from royalty, uppities and Korean perceptions based on historical stereotypes.)

Have you ever seen an English "gentleman" at a soccer game? Okay, call it "footie", still, how many of the men from England you have met overseas are actually "gentlemen"?

I have seen but not met English gentlemen three times in my half century of existence.

Calling any man from England a gentleman is a pet peeve of mine. I ain't English. And I do think some percentage of gentlemen are ASSES (to the degree that anything you see on a screen could be considered real) but i guess i hold onto notions of nobility and respectfulness that prevent me from accepting an empty definition of gentleman.
wat yer talking about yer cunt?

• Colburnnn
  • Adventurer

• August 10, 2015, 05:52:37 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2019, 07:31:22 am »

I spent a month in Thailand and met several older men from England who were there. Some of them spoke of marriage to Thais. But most talked of holidaying girlfriend type of stuff.

Bait post but I'll bite as it's Monday.

How terribly uncouth of you.

Although everyone has their own characteristics, and group 'tarring with the same brush' is horrible. Englishmen are way out in front of Americans and Canadians in terms of refinement.

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2019, 09:00:46 am »
As an aside, people really need to stop calling football "footie/footy". The only thing is it beats out "ballie/bally" but that's a really low bar. Surely the French/Germans/Irish/Portuguese/Argentinians/Dutch have some term that sounds much better and doesn't make the average person think of some fetish search on result on the 'hub.

« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2019, 10:06:34 am »
As an aside, people really need to stop calling football "footie/footy". The only thing is it beats out "ballie/bally" but that's a really low bar. Surely the French/Germans/Irish/Portuguese/Argentinians/Dutch have some term that sounds much better and doesn't make the average person think of some fetish search on result on the 'hub.

Do you know what Brits call erasers?  :laugh:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2019, 10:28:25 am »
Do you know what Brits call erasers?  :laugh:

It's......... Johnny hat, right?
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2019, 10:37:32 am »
Do you know what Americans call "bum bags"?

• stoat
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2019, 06:36:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:41 am »

A real English gentleman would refer to it as 'footer.'

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2019, 10:44:19 am »

A real English gentleman would refer to it as 'footer.'

and used in a sentence...

'pleasantries Tarquine my dear squire, would you hereby be wishing to partake in a smidgeon of proper footie down by the punting shed?