Read 1880 times

English gentlemen going abroad for love
« on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:36 pm »
I saw this yesterday and thought Iíd get waygooks take on it

https://youtu.be/Pbc21Hw-VsU

Good idea for the men or women in question? A recipe for disaster?

Re: English gentlemen going abroad for love
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 08:49:07 pm »
Funny, the way Mike ended up being the big stud.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:22:40 pm »
that was great. that mike guy was a right mong. felt bad for chris though- he seemed like a nice guy, just lonely

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 05:31:22 am »
Loved the tears from the Thai chick, ďno lie, no game, itís my life not businessĒ...all along she was already banging another dude and was pregnant with his baby. 10/10 for the Oscar-worthy performance though.

Canít blame or fault her though. Her objective is to get herself and her family out of crushing generational poverty at the earliest opportunity...gotta cast your net as far out and as wide as possible in order to catch that elusive fish.

The guy that got laid in Ukraine, I donít think he suddenly sees himself as a stud. I think heís terrified of staying with the one girl who gave him everything he wanted without any moaning (punt intended)...it didnít feel right for him, since back home heís probably near the bottom of the dating ladder. Women are supposed to be mean and dismissive to him in his experience...so heís just looking for more familiarity (in the form of rejection).

Sadly, guys like these is one of the reasons why prostitution should be a legal and regulated industry. It would at least save them from risking their life savings on bringing home a bride who 90% isnít interested in them other than for the period it takes to obtain permanent residency/citizenship.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 06:11:27 am »
Canít blame or fault her though.

So poverty trumps morality? We can hold these people to different standards than our own?

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:19:53 am »

So poverty trumps morality? We can hold these people to different standards than our own?

They cannot afford ďourĒ morality.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 07:05:20 am »

They cannot afford ďourĒ morality.

That sounds a bit racist actually, assuming that just because she's a Thai she's too poor to be held accountable for her actions.

Besides which, people in the West believed it was wrong to hide being pregnant with another man to get money out of a third party well before anyone had the same material wealth as even the poorest Thai in 2019.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:27:34 am by eggieguffer »

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 07:33:32 am »
Regarding MIke I saw a valid comment

"I'm pretty certain about you"

Sleeps together

"I want to see other people."

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 07:41:19 am »
eggieguffer: Besides which, people in the West believed it was wrong to hide being pregnant with another man to get money out of a third party well before anyone had the same material wealth as even the poorest Thai in 2019.

What?  When did someone in the west have less than the poorest Thai in 2019?  Clearly you need to get out of the tourist bubble of Thailand.  The poverty and desperation that exists in Thailand is easily witnessed out in the boonies, and it's pretty shocking. 

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 07:42:44 am »
What?  When did someone in the west have less than the poorest Thai in 2019?

In the medieval period? I'm pretty sure it was considered bad form for a woman to get pregnant by one man then suck up to another to get money from him even back then
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:44:26 am by eggieguffer »

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 07:50:09 am »

Which is less  (or more) more moral? Having your family be desperately poor for further generations, or helping a sexually frustrated guy (who came halfway round the world to exploit your poverty for his sexual needs) get off with the possibility of your family having a better life out of it?

• OnNut81
  • Expert Waygook

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 07:57:03 am »
I'm pretty sure in the days of Sukothai that was also frowned upon.  As one who lived in Thailand and was married to a Thai, I will not defend the rampant materialism and shallowness that has come to embody many Thais who aspire (hopelessly) to the ranks of the hi-so.  The shameless two-faced lying that goes on who would make a hakwan owner blush.  However, saying that, when you see the crushing poverty that exists for a lot of these people that have to watch corrupt village headman cruise by in their Mercedes while they walk to a neighbour's to borrow a phone to make a call, you have to think environment plays a role. 

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 07:57:18 am »
I've never met an English gentleman.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 08:01:38 am »

Which is less  (or more) more moral? Having your family be desperately poor for further generations, or helping a sexually frustrated guy (who came halfway round the world to exploit your poverty for his sexual needs) get off with the possibility of your family having a better life out of it?

You'll have to re-phrase that, I don't get it.

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• Chungnam
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 08:09:55 am »

Which is less (or more) moral:

Option A: family to continue to wallow in generational poverty, there are sex tourists offering you a week's wages for a few hours of you sexually gratifying them (mind you most of these tourists are not attractive in your eyes)...but you refuse to degrade yourself to that level.

Option B: sexually satisfying the needs of a sex tourist (who flew halfway around the world because he can leverage his money against your poverty and therefore get you to do as he wishes)...with the possibility of said sex tourist falling in love with you and taking you to the land of milk and honey, where you can work your ass off and send considerable amounts of money back to your family in Thailand. This would probably also involve ditching the sex tourist once you have the legal right to remain in the land of milk and honey indefinitely.

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 09:01:41 am »

Option A: family to continue to wallow in generational poverty, there are sex tourists offering you a week's wages for a few hours of you sexually gratifying them (mind you most of these tourists are not attractive in your eyes)...but you refuse to degrade yourself to that level.

Option B: sexually satisfying the needs of a sex tourist (who flew halfway around the world because he can leverage his money against your poverty and therefore get you to do as he wishes)...with the possibility of said sex tourist falling in love with you and taking you to the land of milk and honey, where you can work your ass off and send considerable amounts of money back to your family in Thailand. This would probably also involve ditching the sex tourist once you have the legal right to remain in the land of milk and honey indefinitely.

I'd be fine with option B and wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for the sex tourist who, unless he was very stupid, would have an inkling he was mainly being used as an ATM. My problem is with Thai women having multiple foreign partners all sending them money, unaware of the existence of the others. Many of these women probably make more money than an English teacher. This would be classified as a crime in the West (gaining money by deception) and probably in Thailand too, though I don't know the law there.  I assume you're not OK with Nigerian scammers chatting up middle aged western women online then asking them for money?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:08:35 am by eggieguffer »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 09:22:45 am »

I'd be fine with option B and wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for the sex tourist who, unless he was very stupid, would have an inkling he was mainly being used as an ATM. My problem is with Thai women having multiple foreign partners all sending them money, unaware of the existence of the others. Many of these women probably make more money than an English teacher. This would be classified as a crime in the West (gaining money by deception) and probably in Thailand too, though I don't know the law there.  I assume you're not OK with Nigerian scammers chatting up middle aged western women online then asking them for money?

I'm not 100% sure if this is accurate, but I watched a show a few years back about scamming in Thailand, and it said, the person who gets scammed is at fault.
One of the scams was this jet-ski rental place, the jet ski's have damages that are covered up pretty well, but the cover comes off / breaks or something with a bit of use.
In the show, a guy rents a jet ski on his honeymoon there, gets hit by the scam, and while him, and the owner of the scam, are arguing with the police, the scam owner starts damaging the jet ski, in front of the camera crew, police, and the victim, to get more money out of the dude.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 09:27:25 am »
The young dude seemed like a nice guy, that turned into a player once he got laid.
The dude in his 40s, glad he wasn't desperate enough to settle for that lady who seemed like she was just trying to scam him for money.

I think, regardless of how you meet, you need to be careful. People can have agendas regardless of how you meet. :p

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 10:02:32 am »
I think, regardless of how you meet, you need to be careful. People can have agendas regardless of how you meet. :p

True, but there's probably a higher proportion of them in Thailand or the Ukraine. Wouldn't you say?  Being non-judgemental about Thai women you're going to meet through a marriage bureau isn't likely to lead to a good conclusion.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:05:12 am by eggieguffer »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 10:31:22 am »

True, but there's probably a higher proportion of them in Thailand or the Ukraine. Wouldn't you say?  Being non-judgemental about Thai women you're going to meet through a marriage bureau isn't likely to lead to a good conclusion.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.