Read 1552 times

What do you want to do?
« on: April 13, 2019, 04:24:59 pm »
If you aren't planning on teaching English forever what  do you want to do instead?

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
Re: What do you want to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:35:09 am »
Good question
The World Ends With You

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 04:35:50 pm »
Quelle est votre plus grande ambition dans la vie ?

Devenir immortel... et puis... mourir.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:36:44 am »
When I'm done teaching English, I'm thinking of going back to university to study again.
My life goal is to get a PhD, mostly for the challenge of it; but not sure if I ever will do it. :p
However, career wise, I'm thinking of moving over to: Translation work, fitness (so maybe a personal trainer / work at a gym or something), or just something else I'm interested in. But, I'll think about that closer to the time haha.

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:25:35 am »
Tour guide

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:23:28 am »
Hoping to go the 공부방 route in the near future. 'Teaching' at a big public middle school is wearing me thin.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 10:27:27 am »
Hoping to go the 공부방 route in the near future. 'Teaching' at a big public middle school is wearing me thin.

What is 공부방 ? :o

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:42 am »
Become a traffic cop in Korea and enforce traffic laws and watch South Korea implode on itself. Or become a traffic warden and walk round all day ticketing cars for parking illegally.  I think either of these would fulfill me greatly.
Who is here in 2019?

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 12:17:56 pm »
What is 공부방 ? :o
Mini-hagwon, basically. One teacher (me) and run out of a residential property (my apartment). Looking to take advantage of my recently acquired spousal visa.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 02:31:13 pm »
Become a traffic cop in Korea and enforce traffic laws and watch South Korea implode on itself. Or become a traffic warden and walk round all day ticketing cars for parking illegally.  I think either of these would fulfill me greatly.

or this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/instant_regret/comments/bccxzo/i_heard_you_never_tasted_pepper_spray/

respect and good work officer!

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 06:15:44 pm »
If I ever make enough money to settle down early I'd like to make music. It's always been a passion of mine, it's just too much of a risk for me to pursue full time since there's no way to know if your work will be accepted and enjoyed, or if you'll be paid enough to make a career out of it.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:45 pm »
there's no way to know if your work will be accepted and enjoyed, or if you'll be paid enough to make a career out of it.
Same goes for me and videography. Check my latest vid, here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4C7PqrLFU

Wish Mr.DeMartino would give me some constructive criticism like he gave that girl in the Chihuahua thread :sad:

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 12:21:46 am »
Wow

That was a great HQ production! Did you edit that on your home computer ?
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 07:51:16 am »
Wow

Indeed! Edited on this stellar piece of free software:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 07:56:36 am »
Wow

Jesus, that's what I use. Still getting the hang of it.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:01 am »
Wow

Jesus, that's what I use. Still getting the hang of it.
Wise choice 8) Let me know if you have any questions, maybe I can help

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 08:17:58 am »
If I ever make enough money to settle down early I'd like to make music. It's always been a passion of mine, it's just too much of a risk for me to pursue full time since there's no way to know if your work will be accepted and enjoyed, or if you'll be paid enough to make a career out of it.

I did it for a while during varsity (I play electric guitar and piano) , I had a few private students, played at a few weddings/parties and taught weekends at for NGO at a high school, which offered music lessons to underprivileged kids. The travelling was incredibly exhausting and it ultimately lead to musical rut and hiatus. I was only doing it part-time, so the pay was pretty low too.

Still, after Korea, I'm planning to teach in the middle-east for a few years before settling home, at which point I'd like to rely on monthly dividends, start a small business and teach music on the side.  I'd highly recommend getting your music theory in check. The process and effectiveness of composition dramatically increases when you understand theory. I'm preparing to take the ABRSM grade 8 theory exam within the next year.

• kiwikimchi
  • Expert Waygook

• December 27, 2010, 10:15:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 12:20:10 pm »
This was a difficult question for me to answer. With no many opportunities going on back home I found it hard to make the break from Korea. While I enjoyed teaching I got tired of Korea and felt I needed to go home.  I did a lot of research and did this course while desk warming and when not teaching. I was able to go home and jump straight into working my for myself.

If you want to try the 7 day free trial and check it out. Also comes with a $500 discount if you decide to buy the course. I can add your email so you can get access to it. It might not be for everyone but it was exactly what I was looking for and worked for me

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• NZ
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 12:22:30 pm »
This was a difficult question for me to answer. With no many opportunities going on back home I found it hard to make the break from Korea. While I enjoyed teaching I got tired of Korea and felt I needed to go home.  I did a lot of research and did this course while desk warming and when not teaching. I was able to go home and jump straight into working my for myself.

If you want to try the 7 day free trial and check it out. Also comes with a $500 discount if you decide to buy the course. I can add your email so you can get access to it. It might not be for everyone but it was exactly what I was looking for and worked for me

What subject was the course? or what was it about?
I'm more curious than interested. I'm planning to study again in the near future.

• kiwikimchi
  • Expert Waygook

• December 27, 2010, 10:15:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 01:03:27 pm »
Ah, forgot to attach the link.
There is no set subject. Great thing about it is that you can choose any area you're interested or experienced in.
Doesn't need to be business related either. Yoga, weight loss, addiction, digital marketing, anything

https://www.consulting.com/