Read 802 times

Biographical information about previous life in Korea
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:35:04 am »
I lived in Korea for 6 splendid years before I returned home for graduate school. I am applying for a law license and I need my residential addresses in Korea. I was a serial school hopper. I was in Ulsan, Bundang, and Seoul. All of the flats were provided by employer. Does anyone know of an English speaking line or department I can call that has this information? Thanks and I miss you glorious, proud Korea.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Cairo, Egypt (formerly Seoul)
Re: Biographical information about previous life in Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 08:31:04 am »
(1) They would have all been recorded on the back of your ARC card. Would you have a copy of it in an email or something?

(2) Immigration would have the records

(3) the -gu office of your last residence might have the records

(4) do you have old financial records? Credit card bills? Phone bills? These might also exist in your email archives.

Best of luck!

• debbiem89
  • Expert Waygook

• August 30, 2016, 09:42:49 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 03:28:49 pm »
Sounds daft but check your texts/ messages etc.

I have sent each address to friends/family when they've wanted to send me stuff and when I've had to backtrack I've always found it there.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:28:59 am »
Officials these days are requiring so much information, before we can apply for certain jobs that we really ought to keep scanned copies of all past ARC's, utility bills, work addresses, criminal record checks, and ALL the paperwork that we ever receive from Korean immigration. We can then store it on the cloud. One of the forms Korean immigration gave me automatically showed past Korean addresses. If we have all of this stored on the Cloud, it might help. But most sensible people are not bureaucratic termites.