Read 971 times

• kiwikimchi
  • Expert Waygook

• December 27, 2010, 10:15:31 am
    • South Korea
How to redeem points on your Happy Points card?
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:16:13 am »
Anyone know how to redeem the credit of your points? Can you use the case value to buy things? IE, Go to Paris Baguette and pay for bread using the credit you've earned? Or can you withdraw in cash?

I'm a bit confused as I was at my friendly local Paris Baguette and tried to tell them next time I would use my points to pay. She tried to tell me how I could use credit but I couldn't understand her.

Also is there a minimum amount you need to have saved before you can use it?

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
Re: How to redeem points on your Happy Points card?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:29:52 am »
Yes, you can use your Happy Points to buys things -- you can basically use it like money, although I don't know whether it's possible to "withdraw" the points as cash (I would guess probably not possible). When you go to any of the shops or restaurants that accept Happy Points (i.e., those owned by the parent company SPC) and are ready to checkout/pay, you just tell the cashier that you want to use your Happy Points (and specify how much of your Happy Points you want to redeem if you don't want to use all of them), and they'll apply it as a credit off your order total. I'm not sure about a minimum amount that you need to have saved before you're allowed to use it, since I usually wait to use mine once I've acquired a lot of points.

Also, just FYI, I think in general in Korea, points expire after 2 years, so make sure to use them before 2 years have passed since you started earning points.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 08:37:57 am »
i think you can spend them on gmarket

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 08:48:39 am »
HappyPoints are pretty much junk points. They've got an extremely limited selection of shops you can use them at. They're not usable on GMarket, unfortunately. Mostly they're good for Paris Baguette and a couple select other shops which I'm forgetting right now. But they're really quite disappointing. But as for your question, you should be able to just go in and use your points towards your purchase total.

But they're not convertible to cash, no are they withdrawable or anything like that.

• kiwikimchi
  • Expert Waygook

• December 27, 2010, 10:15:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 09:04:37 am »
Ok, cool. Will try and buy some bread at PB.

• gj148
  • Veteran

• August 29, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 09:43:35 am »
You can use happy points to pay for your purchases in the stores you redeemed that at like PB and Baskin Robbins. I had to input a 4 number code though to be able to pay (one which I didn't remember setting up but it turns out the default is your birthday).

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 10:32:04 am »
You can use happy points to pay for your purchases in the stores you redeemed that at like PB and Baskin Robbins. I had to input a 4 number code though to be able to pay (one which I didn't remember setting up but it turns out the default is your birthday).

Huh...interesting. I've never been asked to input any 4-digit code whenever I've redeemed my Happy Points in the past.

• apancoe
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 08:44:40 am
    • south korea
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 12:24:59 pm »
Anyone know how to redeem the credit of your points? Can you use the case value to buy things? IE, Go to Paris Baguette and pay for bread using the credit you've earned? Or can you withdraw in cash?

I'm a bit confused as I was at my friendly local Paris Baguette and tried to tell them next time I would use my points to pay. She tried to tell me how I could use credit but I couldn't understand her.

Also is there a minimum amount you need to have saved before you can use it?

my local PB will usually ask my if i want to pay with my points or money...so i know it's def possible for you to do.

i think a lot of times, right or wrong, it comes down to the person working the register. if they're not rushed, if they are comfortable talking/explaining the process to a foreigner, etc. i've been in situations where an employee just straight up denied me or lied about something because it would've been too hard to explain.  i get it though...it's not always easy for them
too many blueprints & not enough architects

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 07:14:06 pm »

I don't think I've had to for Happy Points either.  Use might be getting it mixed up  with CJ ONE.  It's possible though, that there is a threshold where it asks you to enter a pin.  I just used over 30,000 with CJ One the other day and had to enter a pin.

Huh...interesting. I've never been asked to input any 4-digit code whenever I've redeemed my Happy Points in the past.