Read 990 times

Myoung dong Korea
« on: April 04, 2019, 11:46:04 am »
Who here likes to go to myoung dong?? It's like my FAVORITE place in Seoul! Esp. at night when it's all loud and glittery and not to mention all those street food vendors...also really love the catholic cathederal....

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
Re: Myoung dong Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 12:01:58 pm »
I'll take "I arrived here 6 days ago" for 400, Alex.
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 12:04:16 pm »
Can't say that I'm a big fan of Myeondong or Seoul in general. Actually I'm not really a big fan of many large cities. I don't like being around lots of people. I feel my stress and anxiety levels rising when I'm in large crowds. I know that some people really enjoy large cities and the excitement but for some reason it just makes me feel like a hamster trapped in a cage. I've seen people jamp packed into coffee shops that seem to be having a good time. Places like that usually just give me anxiety.

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 12:08:32 pm »
Both times I've been there, there was a religious group protesting against gay people or something.
And the first time I was there, there was an old English guy going around, asking foreigners if they are teaching here. If they said yes, he'd yell at them and say they are wasting their time here, because it's not as good as 'back in the day' or that they were doing it because of them being a loser back home.
If you said no, he'd just rant about it not being as good as back in the day here.
He kinda gave me the Pecan vibe TBH. lol

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 12:18:27 pm »
Line 4 from Sadang to Nowon. Stop off at random and have fun.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:19:38 pm »

I don't want to sound like a bitter old sod and I wish OP well, but damn; The only way OP could sound any greener would be if they were Chris Tucker, in a leotard, shouting at Bruce Willis through a microphone.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:22:27 pm »

I don't want to sound like a bitter old sod and I wish OP well, but damn; The only way OP could sound any greener would be if they were Chris Tucker, in a leotard, shouting at Bruce Willis through a microphone.

Hey, wanna go to Myeongdong?

Seriously, though. OP, if you like it, go nuts. Ain't no hate from me. The Kashmiri Kebab guy is legit and the friendliest guy.
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 12:45:44 pm »
We did a discussion class with the topic of "Discrimination". The favourite example that every group wanted to talk about was that apparently Myeongdong stores favour Chinese and Japanese tourists and will be more polite to them and ignore Korean customers. There was even a hidden camera sting where a Korean pretended to be Chinese and received a discount that wasn't offered to Korean customers. Shocking.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• Kayos
  • The Legend

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 12:48:44 pm »
We did a discussion class with the topic of "Discrimination". The favourite example that every group wanted to talk about was that apparently Myeongdong stores favour Chinese and Japanese tourists and will be more polite to them and ignore Korean customers. There was even a hidden camera sting where a Korean pretended to be Chinese and received a discount that wasn't offered to Korean customers. Shocking.

I was actually surprised to hear the Korean clerks speak Chinese, English, Japanese, and Korean myself. It was really impressive. :o

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:59 pm »
Pretty sure this is the gold standard of green.

Of course this being Korea, they'll think you're either talking about a power strip or a baby wipe.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 05:33:38 pm »
Average day trying to walk down the street in Myeongdong: