• alexisalex
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 02, 2014, 05:10:24 pm
Re: NEIS certificate?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 02:34:10 pm »
Yep, still never seen nor used it!

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2020, 08:22:39 am »
Judging by how easy it was to renew my NEIS certificate, you don't need to fill out forms etc or it was with my certificate renewal last week.

You have received a phone message from EPKI saying that your certificate is expiring on (insert date). 

1-Go to your provincial log in page (or 업무포털)
2-Click on '전자서명인증센터' - 'Electronic Certificate Centre' wherever that is.

3-You will be sent here to the '행정전자서명인증센터' - 'Education Policy Key Infrastructure Center', which is the national site.

https://www.epki.go.kr/main.do?s=epki

4-Along the top are drop down menus.  Go to the second one - 인증서발급/관리 - 'Certificate Renewal/Admin'

5-One of the drop boxes says '갱신' - 'Renewal'  Click on that.

6-On the next page '인증서 갱신'  and half way down the page is a blue button saying '인증서 갱신'.  Click on that.

7-On the pop-up page.  Select '하드디스크' - 'Hard disk' or '이동식디스크' -Removable Disk' or wherever you've got it saved. 

8-Enter your current certificate password.

9-Renewal done for a couple of years.

Come to think of it.  The EPKI is the national department, so you can probably skip parts 1 and 2 and go directly to the EPKI website. 

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2020, 10:45:55 am »
Cheers, bud.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »
Sounds complicated.  Think I'll avoid it.  If they want more foreign teachers to use it, they can make an English page,  Maybe the education office fills it in on my behalf?  I don't really know.  Never asked.  Weird.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 01:14:51 pm »
There's a form you need to print and fill out physically and submit back to EPKI in order to request for  re-issuance. You can send it via email.

Here's the original Korean email I received when I inquired about re-issuance. Definitely ask your co-teacher to handle this.

(Sorry I can't translate it because Korean isn't my forte, but that's basically the gist of it)

안녕하세요. 교육부 행정전자서명인증센터입니다.
문의하신 내용에 대해 답변드립니다.
인증서 신규발급 및 재발급 신청은 해당 소속 교육청/교육지원청으로 공문 신청해주셔야 합니다.
인증서 재발급 절차는 아래와 같습니다.

[ 인증서 재발급 절차 ]
1. 행정전자서명인증센터 홈페이지(http://www.epki.go.kr)에 접속합니다.
2. 자료실 > 인증서 신청 관련 양식 메뉴로 이동합니다.
3. 재발급할 인증서의 용도에 해당하는 신청서를 다운로드합니다.
4. 다운로드한 인증서 신청서 작성 시, 신청 구분에서 신청 종류를 "재발급"으로 표시합니다.
5. 고객센터 > 인증담당자 안내에서 소속기관의 교육청/교육지원청 인증담당자를 조회합니다.
6. 조회된 인증담당자에게 작성된 신청서를 전자공문으로 발송합니다.
7. 재발급 신청이 처리되면 신청서에 기재한 E-Mail/휴대전화번호로 재발급인가 안내 메일과 알림 문자메시지가 발송됩니다.
8. 교육부 행정전자서명인증센터에서 발송한 문자메시지와 E-Mail을 확인 후, 인증서를 재발급합니다.

인증담당자로부터 재발급 인가 처리가 완료되면 문자메시지와 E-Mail을 확인하실 수 있습니다.
문자메시지와 E-Mail 확인 후, 행정전자서명인증센터 홈페이지에 접속하여 인증서 발급을 진행하시기 바랍니다.
인증서 발급/재발급/갱신/관리 및 이용 관련 추가 문의 사항은 행정전자서명인증센터로 문의해주시기 바랍니다.
감사합니다.

[ 교육부 행정전자서명인증센터 고객센터 ]

* 연락처 : 053-714-0755
* 이메일 : epkihelp@keris.or.kr
* 홈페이지: www.epki.go.kr
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:16:26 pm by chardhannay »

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 01:51:38 pm »
Chardhannay, I originally thought it was like you wrote here and I think it's still the same for issuing your first certificate, that is why I posted the above directions for reissuing that I'd just found out.  But when I saw the teacher in charge of NEIS stuff, he said it's changed for reissuing and is much easier now.  I suppose you can still send all those documents and they'll do it and that takes time, but from the way I posted it was way easier and worked for me. 

• pkjh
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 02:45:04 pm »
Chardhannay, I originally thought it was like you wrote here and I think it's still the same for issuing your first certificate, that is why I posted the above directions for reissuing that I'd just found out.  But when I saw the teacher in charge of NEIS stuff, he said it's changed for reissuing and is much easier now.  I suppose you can still send all those documents and they'll do it and that takes time, but from the way I posted it was way easier and worked for me. 
I got mine renewed recently, and it was pretty easy. It was back in like a month ago, all I did was click on some link on the popup window when you sign into NEIS. You enter some info, like a new password and voila, I'm good for like another couple of years.

My CT also made me sign up for some remote sign in using some VPN so I can log into NEIS from home. Tons of downloads (they've got to wean off this ActiveX and MS garbage), and opens up like 5 MS browsers, but you have to apply for that inside of the NEIS setup, and get approval from the 'line'. That's only good for like 6 months. I'll see how easy the renewal is in around October.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:49:13 pm by pkjh »